Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 41846 times)

Offline juke60xxx

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
YAY  :D

Offline Klondor

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:28 AM »
*thread fixed* im done with the rage wars, I apologize juke for getting out of hand and to everyone else on the server
"Lets Go Bub"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:28 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
Can someone explain to me what Rastafarianism is?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline OMG_ZombiePenguin

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
Well thb I don't believe in any gods, but I think the idea of religion is good. It can rebirth inspiration and confidence in a person and sometimes fear. With the fear of going to hell I believe the crime rate would drop and for confidence and inspiration just read around a bit maybe the bible?

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »
I am against religion to be honest i have even had arguments at school with other people (religious and no religious) about this very subject and even in lessons and i always end up coming up top with my point that religion did help man kind evolve but is rather stupid and silly now that we can explain a lot better of how the universe began and how we evolved.
Wasting time on unanswered prayers and spending time and energy doing things that will not help you or others seems a little pointless.
(And on i go)
Now when it comes to god i as well find it very hard to accept that someone just thought "i am bored lets make a world" and that people seem to think that he in some way had to be like a human and not a flying spaghetti monster. If  someone can bring me cold hard facts that he existed and that he made the world then i will accept it. The same goes for Jesus since there are no other sources of information on this subject other then the bible and that regards him too highly to be trustworthy. Why i do not believe in the bible thats simple i can explain it with an example.
There are 2 men in a room. The first one is me and the second one is a random person. I just go mad or for some other reason i kill him, lets say that i did so by shooting him and then picking up the gun and the bullet i shot and hiding them. Then i will write a book of how he disagreed with me and my God and then God in all his shine came down into the room and shot a blast of light trough the other guys chest killing him. Then i leave the room show the book to everyone and there you have the holy proof of god.

-Thank you for reading this have a nice day and feel free to reply back.
I need a new sig...

Offline crypto

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:22 PM »
Rereading this thread is very funny because I just went atheist yesterday.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »
I am a Christian. I personally believe in God and such things. Sure there is science but what brings people together as humans is religion, not so much common interests.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:45:59 PM by DarkEmoKonata »

Offline Priest

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:32 PM »
Who's seen Bill Maher's Religulous?

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
I have, and I've found that even though my beliefs in a higher being (what others might perceive as a god) is little to none, I do not like to be considered a Atheist.

My reason being is for the pure reason that one summer when I was sixteen, I entered a conversation with a older co-worker about her being a Atheist. The sophist in me was already flooding to the surface.

I questioned her about it and was shocked to find out some Atheists actually meet in groups........... Sometimes even in a building................. Sometimes on sundays....................LOL mainly because its the one day a lot of people have off I guess she said.

So to avoid being a Religion of non-believers I choose to be a Non-affiliated Observer  or perhaps a Curious mind. My scientific rationale overwhelms me too much to ever consider the real possibility of a higher power.

Let's just say I have more faith in Stephen Hawking, hell I'll even buy the alien shit he just crapped out of his super huge brain. Why? because there is a method of sanity that goes along with it.

Who's seen Bill Maher's Religulous?

I own it :)

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »
So in some terms you would be Agnostic?

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »
No thats more of a skeptic, and they are usually still some type of believer. I have never been baptized, nor ever a member of a church. I was born into a world where I discovered religion of many different cultures on my own. Actually I started reading Philosophy before I ever read the bible.

I am a observer to this religious conflict between sects and believers. Even defected believers could be considered Agnostic

1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2 : a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>
— ag·nos·ti·cism  \-t?-?si-z?m\ noun

It's not even so much that I question it, because I'd have to of actually believed in the start. Really I'm taking an objective approach. My stance is, prove it to me first and if it's true I'll believe it.

It's just scientifically I couldn't accept the thought of no higher forms of intelligence. By that I don't really even mean GOD.

But it would be dumb to assume we are alone in this vast universe of space, but to believe there is some figure hovering above us. Watching his creations go through torture and pain for a little bit of happiness ? No I think not.

My commitment is to life itself. Add up the amount of hours your people speak to their imaginary people, and you'll realized all those hours in prayer and church, and groups add up to quite a bit of time spent.

Then add the 5-8 hours of sleep most people get a day, and your life is short usually by at least 10-11 years if I remember correctly. I'll edit this and add it up later I'm tired now.

1. Nothing is true without scientific proof.

1- A.There is no scientific proof that the magical fairy god exists, regardless of what you say about his lackey's and their epic shroom adventures here on earth.

2. Explain the dinosaurs, no one can

Did god also create all these other sustainable planets found on the other end of the universe? if so he should incorporate.

I find it all too amusing what people believe, but religion has done wonders for others, so I will never knock it like the Atheists might. They commit to the idea of there being absolutely no god. (So even if you said see here scientific proof - there is none- but if there actually was they'd reject it still) I guess kind of like how religious people refuse to accept many aspects of science.

I'm at least open to theories, even if i think your a nutbag, at least I listened. Because everyone deserves to believe in what they want. You respect my belief to analyze your beliefs and study them from an outside perspective, great!

Because I have no problem with holy rollers, just don't knock on my door, don't sell me anything, know your faith better than me, and don't be a hypocrite (too bad that's impossible for most people who claim to be Christian).

So for those truly devoted few, I respect and honor your beliefs because it's important to you.

To all you, 50/50 believers, hey you heard the words of god, you've read Jesus's words I'm sure. You are no longer innocent after hearing the word of god, if your faith is true, and you believe, know that if you do not heed the warning of your idols that you will suffer because of it. So don't turn your back unless you are def sure. Because he takes children and dumb people who have never been subjected to religion, but once that ignorance is gone you need to make a choice.

So says the "book" by the way.

Good luck with that.

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 10:51:37 AM »
god.... WHY PENGUIN .... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Offline Pillz

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 12:50:10 AM »
Woah Crypto, why'd you go atheist?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »
Woah Crypto, why'd you go atheist?

He must of read the latest announcements here!

Skieski

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Global: You have to read Ayn Rand, if you have not already.

Crypto: FUCK YEAH.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal