Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rune Factory 4 and Monster Hunter Ultimate {3DS}  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Rune Factory 4 and Monster Hunter Ultimate {3DS}
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:01 PM »
So, I've recently gotten back into play my 3DS and two games caught my attention and I'd like your opinions on them.

I was thinking of getting Harvest Moon but a friend recommended I get Rune Factory 4 instead, he told me it's got all the aspects of Harvest Moon plus the combat aspects of a top down RPG, I looked it up and it seems about right.

Second game is one I've brushed off for a long time till I watched a live stream, There's a guy who's streams I normally watch for Dark Souls but he couldn't get it working so he started up Monster Hunters Ultimate on the Wii U (Apparently the 3DS version is literally the exact same with only HD graphics being the difference)

From what I saw of the game the battles look epic (If drawn out) but it was the combat that I really liked, the way he was playing against some of the creatures it has an almost Dark Souls feel to it.

Would you recommend these two games? AND why?

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Re: Rune Factory 4 and Monster Hunter Ultimate {3DS}
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »
I would say Monster Hunter, but I don't know how the 3DS version works. I LOVED Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii, the online multiplayer was too much fun, much more so than the single player (also single player is a pain in the BUTT, having others be able to hold aggro for even seconds really helps).

Not sure if the 3DS version has online multiplayer. Probably does though.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »
The 3ds version has only local multiplayer from what I understand. However, due to monster hunter being so popular in japan that people would play together in public relatively often monster hunter 4 WILL have online on the 3ds. It's a fun game and I recommend it a lot.

I don't know a lot about Rune Factory 4 but I know a handful of people that absolutely LOVE the game and one of them isn't even a weeb.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »
I dunno about Rune Factory but I have been pointed towards its direction several times due to its similarity to Harvest Moon except better or something.

Monster Hunter is definitely worth getting though. Really great series in general and I remember seeing awhile back people comparing some aspects of it to Dark Souls.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal