Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remove the ZM models? (ZM players only)  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Christovski

Remove the ZM models? (ZM players only)
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »
So really, we've got few that actually work, and I've never had one person interested in them, nevermind interested in DONATING to get them, and all I ever hear about them is "I hate downloading those stupid things get rid of them."

So my fellow ZMers, post your opinions, do we keep them and hope we find some people who actually care? 
Or do we take them off so its less downloading for people?

Moderator Comment No poll because I want to hear thoughts not numbers :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Toku

Re: Remove the ZM models? (ZM players only)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
Although the thought of having models in ZM is awesome, the really cool ones seem to not work. Takes about an additional 30 seconds or so to actually get in the game due to them, and if it's just different looking combines, i dont think very many people would donate to get the option.

For the time being, I'd say get rid of basically all of them, and occasionally experiment on one or two models to see if we can actually get ones people would be interested in donating to work. That way people would only need to download a single model for the time being, probably only taking a few seconds which wont really interrupt download rate.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:14:43 PM »
If the majority of the models actually worked, I wouldn't mind the increased load time, but as it stands they're simply not worth it since they're almost universally broken. I say do away with them.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
And seriously, being one of the three ZM servers out there; you really don't need much to bring in players. Perhaps some other feature can be discovered for donators but I think having optimal load times would be the best thing we can do for ZM.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
In one server a lot of people donated for a trail feature. Also it does take a while but does it only effect new playerz or old ones aswell? or does it have to re download every time being played?

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 12:15:13 AM »
It should only be new players (who might give up due to many DLs) but sometimes the fastDL fucks up and makes people redownload a couple files. 

I'm leaning towards removing it which is why I'm making sure I'm not the only one who thinks its a failure.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline raddude-pancake ruler

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »
It doesn't take that much longer to load into the server but it isn't worth it if they don't work.
According to these results my milkshake is bringing an average of 80 to 90 percent of the boys to my yard.

"..Thinking about jabbing you in the eye with it right now. -_-"
"did you really just threaten to stab someone over a dlc debate?"
"You're the reason People hate furries Rad" -TicTac
"What kind of freaking moron would quote them self"-raddude

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »
Plugin removed, thread locked.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal