Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steam releases OS specs  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Old Crow

Steam releases OS specs
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/14/valve-releases-new-steamos-info

Intresting to say the lease. Obviously it doesn't bring enough to the table to get rid of Windows, but you have to start somewhere.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

Re: Steam releases OS specs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »
FULLMETAL OPERATING SYSTEM

But yeah, obviously the first version won't be better than the strongest thing on the market, but this is a damn good start.

Its funny, read some of the comments and honestly, we as humans shouldn't be allowed to comment on news at their respective sources.

More then half the comments are "PC gaming is too expensive" "why spend money on this OS" "can't play windows games gg"

Guys, its called baby steps. When the first tank came out, they didn't have thick armor, they were slow as balls and overall not that effective. Jesus.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:11:38 PM »
Steam OS was never meant to replace windows as an OS. It is meant to be an OS for your living room.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
Steam OS was never meant to replace windows as an OS. It is meant to be an OS for your living room.

This, which is why all the debate of "ITS NOT AS GOOD AS WINDOWS" is silly, its designed to be a dedicated gaming OS, whether on a dedicated gaming device like the steambox, or as a secondary boot on your computer.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
The only reason anyone says "I am not replacing "X" just coming in as another addition" they are lieing and trying to make you not feel threatened.

It's a linux based OS. It can easily replace Windows depending on what you do.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »
One day though, Linux may just become huge, and with Steam backing them, who knows what could happen.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
The only reason anyone says "I am not replacing "X" just coming in as another addition" they are lieing and trying to make you not feel threatened.

Have you used it? It is LITERALLY big picture mode on a debian shell. The best you could do is install Debian with it, but besides that, it is literally like using the xbox OS.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »

Have you used it? It is LITERALLY big picture mode on a debian shell. The best you could do is install Debian with it, but besides that, it is literally like using the xbox OS.

Long answer: No Short answer: No  trollface

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »
Free gaming OS for HTPCs not seeing why people are so confused, also those comments.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 01:57:11 AM »
Free gaming OS for HTPCs not seeing why people are so confused, also those comments.

Valve Please make Left 4 dead 3!

One of my favorites.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 03:22:47 AM »

Yeah... which is exactly why you can do anything.
It's very disappointing atm. It's just linux with steam installed. You can go on the web dl, skype, teamspeak, instantmessengers, and wine. And bam you have a fully function pc. I actually was hopeing for a more xbox like OS. Restricted. Oddly enough. But not at the same time. I wanted it to feel like steam.  it doesn't.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:33:11 AM »

Yeah... which is exactly why you can do anything.
It's very disappointing atm. It's just linux with steam installed. You can go on the web dl, skype, teamspeak, instantmessengers, and wine. And bam you have a fully function pc. I actually was hopeing for a more xbox like OS. Restricted. Oddly enough. But not at the same time. I wanted it to feel like steam.  it doesn't.

Its only meant to be a home theatre OS. That was their intention.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »
I am going to feel that this is not going to be a great succes...

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »

If anything its because people don't understand what its for.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »

If anything its because people don't understand what its for.

Mhm, even though it's in clear view for them to see, it's a shame that ppls b stuped
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal