Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Actors or Techies of CG  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Yahtzee

Actors or Techies of CG
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
What was the most interesting moment that happened to you or any of the backstage tech ninjas during a production?

One day we where working with a tiny dog. This dog was in our show and had the most incompetent handler ever (she once left the dog on the props table and walked away). On our last dress rehearsal we hear a scream coming from backstage. Turns out the girl in question had taken the dog to the greenroom and it shat everywhere. I kid you not.. everywhere. There was even shit on the adjacent wall, microwave, and her whole shirt. The greenroom smelled like shit for like.. the entirety of the production.

Offline Finniespin

Re: Actors or Techies of CG
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
Sound like that was a shitty time

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »
It has been like, forever for me so I gotta take some time and think, most of the best stuff happened before or after shows and not necessarily in the theatre space.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Dante

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
Umm My Drama/Drama Tech teacher didn't notice me and everyone else in the tech class changing the lights and background while he was on stage talking till half the class laughed causing him to turn around to see the lights all quickly turn off.  ;D
We also accidentally dropped a wall we were working on ontop of someone. They did some cartoony shit and miraculously went right through the door we hadn't finished yet. He thought he was going to die, then my friend stepped on the wall and fell right through. We realized it wasn't going to hurt him at all because the Wood was so flimsy and weak. The guy who had the weakest wall almost hit him is now nicknamed Micky. :P

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »
All theatre people have (or SHOULD have) nicknames given to them for various reasons.  I can remember one for almost every person in my tech theatre program in college

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline crovv

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
When I was on tech we were running a play that used a system to push a cart from one side of the stage to the other and then pull it back again. I happened to be in charge of that, and in one of the scenes my tech director wanted me to abruptly stop as if the cart had hit a rock. The first night I tried this, it went well - with only my tech director in the cart and the barrel that was on the cart that two senior girls were going to be in the next three nights. Then opening night came, and I did the same thing I had done the previous night, except a little harder, and the barrel nearly fell (tipped over) off the cart with the two girls in it, which would've ended terribly not only for the production but for the two girls, as they were a few feet off the stage and probably would've ended up with some sort of injury.

Offline Kingtrue

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
While I was in props, our director wanted me to help clean out the garage of items for selling/materials.

Up there, I found a framed George Costanza resting in between a corner and some flats like it was a long abandoned piece of history.

I don't know why he had it, but the thing was just the right touch. Got put hung up in the dressing room the next day.

Nyah.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 05:48:53 PM »
If we're talking outside the theatre building the funniest moment I can remember, I was working at Trinity Rep in Providence, RI, and the head board-op and I went to pick up some older lighting equipment from the storage warehouse that held all the extra gear from EVERY department of the theatre.  As we're getting the stuff, he noticed a statue of jesus from either props or set department, and promptly said "screw you man" to the statue and mooned it.

Afterwards he explained he got a lot of persecution from religious people because he was gay, so he just kinda hated absolutely everything related to Christianity, but I still laughed my ass off at the dude one step below being the head of the lighting department just straight up mooning a freakin statue of jesus!

Ðeath.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
This isn't funny, this is tragic.

I had Crocodile Rock stuck in my head for seven years.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
When I was in Honk Jr (Ugly Little Duckling story in middle school, 6th Grade) me and the guys were in the boys bathroom changing for the play. The lead role guy was changing and randomly asked us if we had hair on our assholes, because he wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen; and everyone else agreed they were wondering if it was normal too and we all laughed as we learned something new about our bodies.

Then in 7th grade I was in Annie Jr, and was just the dogcatcher with a few lines. One day during rehersal the guy who played F.D.R. (Roosevelt, the president) hadn't shown up for the past two days and I was kind of rolling around in a chair when the director asked me to fill in his part for that day, and eventually I just got the role.

One night while we were acting the play for an audience, I had a York peppermint patty in my suit pocket while I was acting; and during another actors speech with me on stage I took the candy out and ate it and put the trash in my pocket, ALL IN CHARACTER THOUGH. I made sure I patted my lips with my pocket cloth and folded the cloth back up into my pocket all before I had my paragraph long speech where I as FDR propse A New Deal~ and then we all sing and dance (or sit and roll back and forth in a wheelchair for me) and the play ended. Not sure how many people noticed, but it made me happy. The director was a little upset and said not to do it again.

Good times. Never really acted after middle school.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal