Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.  (Read 14718 times)

Offline Dante

Re: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
I just get better so I can deal with people getting 'lucky' also why would you 1v1 when you could be 1v1v1v1 so its less likely that one person getting 'lucky' would throw the game.

Regardless, I think items are half of what make Smash Bros the game it is, playing without it on a flat stage, timed stock is like playing any fighting game out there only with way less combos, why not play one of those instead if you want that experience?  Seriously crazy maps and items and ridiculous characters are what it is all about, it is chaos and you must master the chaos.
No. The point of Smash Bros is that it is a fighting game using popular Nintendo characters people have grown to love. The items and maps are background things, the main focus is having fun with those characters. Even in competitive the goal is to have fun.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »
Well if the goal is to have fun, then play the crazy maps with the items on like the game was designed for :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
Well if the goal is to have fun, then play the crazy maps with the items on like the game was designed for :P
The game was designed for Items on and Off, flat stages and crazy stages, the same characters or different characters. Your telling people the way they play is wrong when the game purposefuly has it so anyone can play the way they wan't to.

Offline Billy

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »
I just get better so I can deal with people getting 'lucky' also why would you 1v1 when you could be 1v1v1v1 so its less likely that one person getting 'lucky' would throw the game.

Regardless, I think items are half of what make Smash Bros the game it is, playing without it on a flat stage, timed stock is like playing any fighting game out there only with way less combos, why not play one of those instead if you want that experience?  Seriously crazy maps and items and ridiculous characters are what it is all about, it is chaos and you must master the chaos.

Less combos? What? Smash has tons of combos, probably more than even street fighter. And I play this game instead of others, because  I don't like traditional 2d fighters. They're all the same. Smash is an extremely unique fighting game, with characters I like, aerial combat, maps that are interesting, and an awesome damage system.. And I get to play it competitively.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Combos. Combos out the ass. High skill. No items. This is fun to me.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline crovv

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
CAN WE JUST ALL AGREE THAT WE HAVE OPINIONS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM EACH OTHER'S OPINIONS?!?!?!

NO OPINIONS ARE WRONG. THEY ARE JUST WHAT SOMEONE BELIEVES.

OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, can we stop attacking each other over this thread? You're all literally going back and forth about whether or not there should be items in a video game.

It's not like you're being forced to play Project M, nor are you affected by those that do, so what's the problem?
Same goes for the other way around. Either play the game as it was released, or play it modded.

Add this to the book of conversations CG cannot be civil about for reasons no one can fathom.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
Its because the casuals are bad yo.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
Why would you need an SD card that big?  I've never had a device that used one other than the Wii (which doesn't even use much storage on the card), everything else uses the superior microSD cards.

Digital cameras in the age before cell phones had decent camera quality, and my parents didn't really get new gen phones with 2.0+Mpx camera's until this past year. So we had a expensive digital camera or two and we used 4-8Gb SD cards with them, and then we had 8GB Micro-SD adapters.

We've always assumed that if we're going to drop 5+ dollars on a memory stick, might as well get the biggest one for our buck. Now I have to go out and get a 2G for my Wii, but oh well I suppose it'll be worth it to play Smash this way.

ALSO, YOU CAN SELECT WHICH ITEMS YOU DON'T WANT ON, AND WHICH ONES YOU DO.

I play without game-breaking items like Stars, Bob-ombs, Heart Containers and the such; while keeping some that I enjoy playing with.

I like the clusterfuck that happens when the dragoon parts spawn, how everyone fights to complete it, and then it's even fairly easy to avoid.

I just always check with my friends who are playing to see what maps and items they want turned off before we start.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Billy

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
-snip-

But no one is attacking each other. That was like, one post from Chris/Crow, and it was over. Now it's just a debate on items. And if we're not going to talk about video games... What the hell are we doing in CG?

And you're right. We're not being forced to play Project M. We're not being forced to have this discussion either, but we choose to. So why try to stop us? Your post has been less relevant to the topic than all of ours.

On another note -- some characters are strictly better than others, and this is a fact. Items don't help balance the playing field at all. Pikachu is extremely fast. Samus is slow. If an item shows up, chances are the pikachu player (assuming both players are of equal skill level) get to the item faster / win the fight for it, and then proceed to win even harder with the item.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:54 PM »
-snip-

But no one is attacking each other. That was like, one post from Chris/Crow, and it was over. Now it's just a debate on items. And if we're not going to talk about video games... What the hell are we doing in CG?

Yep, I was sassing Crow because thats how he and I do, we sass each other.  Now we are simply arguing about games which is what people do on the internet.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 09:09:24 PM »
Items off> Items on  trollface
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »
Fight me IRL bro ;D

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
Fight me IRL bro ;D

Ill fight you IRL, with items on, and items off, and win all three!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »
The game was designed for Items on and Off, flat stages and crazy stages, the same characters or different characters. Your telling people the way they play is wrong when the game purposefully has it so anyone can play the way they wan't to.
Except you guys use a Mod that allows the game to be changed. Thus not being played the way the game is intended. XP

Offline Dante

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
The game was designed for Items on and Off, flat stages and crazy stages, the same characters or different characters. Your telling people the way they play is wrong when the game purposefully has it so anyone can play the way they wan't to.
Except you guys use a Mod that allows the game to be changed. Thus not being played the way the game is intended. XP
No I don't.
And besides we are talking about with Items on and Items off which is in vanilla.

Offline Billy

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXM8FGOQVtg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXM8FGOQVtg</a>

Most final smashes can be avoided in some way, anyway..
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal