Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.  (Read 14716 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »
I've run the installer and had it install to my SD card, but nothing shows up when it says it's done installing. Much confuse. Do you seriously NEED a 2Gig or less SD card? The smallest ones we have are 4Gig...
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:02 AM »
I've run the installer and had it install to my SD card, but nothing shows up when it says it's done installing. Much confuse. Do you seriously NEED a 2Gig or less SD card? The smallest ones we have are 4Gig...

Ok, you have brawl, right? run brawl with the sd card in your wii. And go to stage manager. if it doesn't launch, I'll show you what I did.
DOWNLOAD NoHOMEBREW, as I assume you won't be using any illegal methods to installing.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:06:01 AM by oobla37 »

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:02 AM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
SSB64 is one of my favorite games of all time. Melee was an amazing game, and Brawl sucks ass, so when I first found out about Project M, I was psyched as hell. Now that it's actually in what, 3.0? I've been watching videos and wishing I had a wii.

Oh, and yeah. Items are lame. Lame as hell. I'd prefer to beat someone myself than "oh look lol a hammer let me just grab this and instagib them"

And to be completely fair, Chris, if someone can beat you without items, I imagine someone would beat you even faster with them. Not saying you're bad; just an example.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »
Tournament rulings are no items, 4 stocks, 7 minutes.

Yeah this is why I think 'tournament play' is a joke.

I'm just having fun with Crow because he's so obsessed with no-item play, I'm a die hard Smash player (when I was a kid me and my best friend had over 300 hours in the original game) and I think no items is sily :P

Pretty sure in the first one you had to complete a ton of the game before you got access to change how much items spawned anyways
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:10:22 AM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline oobla37

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 12:12:04 AM »

open up the nohomebrew zip file. inside, you'll find those files. move those to your sd card. mine is disk J.

eject that sucker, put it in your wii, and start up smash. once you do that, go to stage builder. it should launch. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO STAGES SAVED IN THE SAVE BUILDER. EVEN THE 3 PREMADES.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Dante

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »

I'm just having fun with Crow because he's so obsessed with no-item play, I'm a die hard Smash player (when I was a kid me and my best friend had over 300 hours in the original game) and I think no items is sily :P

Pretty sure in the first one you had to complete a ton of the game before you got access to change how much items spawned anyways
Most items break the game. Like Smash balls and pokeballs.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »
No my problem is that the computer's I've downloaded the Project M LAUNCHER on, I ran the launcher and it "SUCCESFULLY INSTALLED" but the file I had it install to was empty both times. I tried downloading to the SD card next and that extra didn't work.

The SD card slot on my CPU is broken so I've been using other, slower computers and it's been exhausting. Will try again tomorrow.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »
I moved the files from the computer onto the SD card, the 3-4 folders you showed me and the extra files too.

It's a 4gig SD card, and I'm playing it on a WiiU. Nothing's on the card, and I deleted all my custom stages on the console. (there never were any fucking maps saved to my SD card idk why it keeps saying that) I still have a asston of pictures and replays, do those need to be deleted from the console too?

Edit: Went to the help IRC chat on the Project M site. Brawl doesn't read SD cards bigger than 2GB because it's a stupid piece of shit. Going to have to wait a week or two till I get my paycheck to go waste money on a tiny SD card I'll only use once, yipeee. The only other option is modding the fuck out of my WiiU and using a USB loader but fuck all that. Knowing my luck lately I'll probably wind up with an incompatible SD card somehow.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:45:41 AM by Pillz »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
Why would you need an SD card that big?  I've never had a device that used one other than the Wii (which doesn't even use much storage on the card), everything else uses the superior microSD cards.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »

They don't break the game. There is a difference between playing a game competitively, which is still fun, and playing it casually. I don't know why you guys have so much trouble seeing that.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
They don't break the game. There is a difference between playing a game competitively, which is still fun, and playing it casually. I don't know why you guys have so much trouble seeing that.

This.

I fail to see how they "break" the game when anyone can use items, they become another level of challenge and add depth to the game,
I mean I don't see how something can unbalance a game when every player can use them

Regardless.  Items are awesome, tournament mode is super boring and sounds like Street Fighter instead of Super Smash Bros.

Offline Dante

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »

Your right, Sonics Final smash isn't over powered. Those guys who decided the tournament rules were wrong in banning smash balls because of it.
@Chris They aren't the same for everyone. Lucarios final smash is meh, Marios is meh, and then you have sonic who can clear the board multiple times without trying.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:47:29 PM by Dante »

Offline Billy

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »

This.

I fail to see how they "break" the game when anyone can use items, they become another level of challenge and add depth to the game,
I mean I don't see how something can unbalance a game when every player can use them

Regardless.  Items are awesome, tournament mode is super boring and sounds like Street Fighter instead of Super Smash Bros.

Here, I'll give you an example; one that has actually happened to me multiple times because items were on, since we hadn't played 100 vs games to unlock the item switch menu yet.

I was playing against a friend, 1v1, and I was absolutely wiping the floor with him. I knock him into the air and, oh look. A star pops out of the sky, lands right on him and now he's invincible, which means not only does he get to recover from my combo, but now he can fuck me as hard as he wants for as long as the star is still in effect. Or, how about when you get killed, and then while you're respawning tomato/heart appears, and your opponent grabs it and is now back at 0, giving him a FULL stock advantage over you. The items are completely random. It doesn't add depth to the game, it adds luck.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Dante

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »

This.

Here, I'll give you an example; one that has actually happened to me multiple times because items were on, since we hadn't played 100 vs games to unlock the item switch menu yet.

I was playing against a friend, 1v1, and I was absolutely wiping the floor with him. I knock him into the air and, oh look. A star pops out of the sky, lands right on him and now he's invincible, which means not only does he get to recover from my combo, but now he can fuck me as hard as he wants for as long as the star is still in effect. Or, how about when you get killed, and then while you're respawning tomato/heart appears, and your opponent grabs it and is now back at 0, giving him a FULL stock advantage over you. The items are completely random. It doesn't add depth to the game, it adds luck.
Or Say Lucario Vs Sonic Lucario is kicking sonics ass, Star shows up, sonic gets it because it fell ontop of him, Smash then immediately appears Sonic Attacks it and grabs it then Final Smashes killing Luc 2-4 times.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
I just get better so I can deal with people getting 'lucky' also why would you 1v1 when you could be 1v1v1v1 so its less likely that one person getting 'lucky' would throw the game.

Regardless, I think items are half of what make Smash Bros the game it is, playing without it on a flat stage, timed stock is like playing any fighting game out there only with way less combos, why not play one of those instead if you want that experience?  Seriously crazy maps and items and ridiculous characters are what it is all about, it is chaos and you must master the chaos.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal