Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concerning the TTT server  (Read 5492 times)

Offline forumguy69

Concerning the TTT server
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:42:12 AM »
As you may have you heard the TTT server isn't doing so well and I can think of a few reasons why.

1. The biggest reason and the most annoying is the crashing. Something seriously needs to be done about this and ASAP. It happens way to often and often just completely kills the population. Here are a few suggestions I have not sure if they would work.

a. I've been playing other TTT server's and they have a plugin that removes a ragdoll if it's spazzing out and going to crash the server.

b. Wipe the server completely.

2. Another thing that may be affecting population is the skill cap. Most of our regulars are decent / pro compared to other TTT players I see on other servers. I can't think of anything we could do to at least make them feel a little more confident in their ability to trait.

That's all I can think of for things killing the server. If you have any more ideas / solutions please post.

So to end my rant with poor formatting and spelling, PLEASE do something about TTT. It's bleeding out slowly and soon it will be dead. I enjoy playing the game and having a good ol' time but there is a lot of inconveniences .

P.S Please add the donation perks ASAP.

Offline Billy

Re: Concerning the TTT server
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:44:43 AM »
It's a vicious cycle.

1. Server's empty.
2. No one wants to join 'cause it's empty.
3. Stays empty.

or

1. Server's empty.
2. One person joins; invites friends.
3. Friends get tired of playing 2-4 player matches.
4. Friends leave
5. Server's empty again.

etc etc. And yes, donator perks would be great.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:44:43 AM »

Offline mjb627

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:45:40 AM »
The crashes haven't been happening as often as they use to, and I would love to donate once they give some perks to those who donate.

Offline crovv

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:48:01 AM »
The crashes still empty the server pretty quickly. On days when the crashes are bad, we lose 5-10 people per crash, get repopulated a little, until we get down to 2-5 people and it's just not fun anymore.

Offline Muffins

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 03:36:45 AM »
Well i can't help it if i am just to good for those noobs of TTT  ;D

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
We also should make a .php page or something like an IRC whichs you can put RCON codes in to ban remote. Not needing to log in on gmod.

Saves time for admins. And maybe an message bot that sends it to all the admins.

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
A lot of the regulars stopped playing TTT. I don't have an exact reason why, but it's a fact. That's why I stopped playing - when most of my friends are gone, I have no incentive to play anymore. This is probably true for a bunch of others who used to play TTT.
Now, pretty much the only times I see the server semi-populated is when a couple of CG members (2 or 3) get on just to mess around, along with a few randoms. It's not really fun anymore.
We need new regulars, who will actually be loyal to the server, and join the community; maybe invite some of their friends to hop on as well. It should be more like Hidden, which is welcoming new forum members almost every week. I think adding some kind of donating perk system would help attract more players to make this happen.
So yeh, that's my rant for the day.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »
A lot of the regulars stopped playing TTT. I don't have an exact reason why, but it's a fact. That's why I stopped playing - when most of my friends are gone, I have no incentive to play anymore. This is probably true for a bunch of others who used to play TTT.
Now, pretty much the only times I see the server semi-populated is when a couple of CG members (2 or 3) get on just to mess around, along with a few randoms. It's not really fun anymore.
We need new regulars, who will actually be loyal to the server, and join the community; maybe invite some of their friends to hop on as well. It should be more like Hidden, which is welcoming new forum members almost every week. I think adding some kind of donating perk system would help attract more players to make this happen.

I think some people left too because the rules have become too restricting. We need to relax them to the point where the game is fun again (which its not right now because it feels like its role playing more then having fun) but keep them at a point where other people can't ruin the fun of others. I say we give the admins more leeway around a looser set of rules and give people more chances to improve instead of clamping down on them right away.

Also there may need to be some more powerful weapons, to give Traitors incentive to start shooting up the place, or at least some tweaking. I've seen far too many rounds take to long because a T knows he cannot outgun the innos, so he tries to pick them off. While that works fine for the beginning of the game or with some T buddies, once there is one T left, and he knows he will lose, he usually delays the round. Maybe even the Jihad should come back.

Lastly, we need more custom stuff as a draw and for the love of god, a new voting plugin. I've seen some that are awesome and make ours look like a joke.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Billy

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
I think some people left too because the rules have become too restricting. We need to relax them to the point where the game is fun again (which its not right now because it feels like its role playing more then having fun) but keep them at a point where other people can't ruin the fun of others. I say we give the admins more leeway around a looser set of rules and give people more chances to improve instead of clamping down on them right away.

Also there may need to be some more powerful weapons, to give Traitors incentive to start shooting up the place, or at least some tweaking. I've seen far too many rounds take to long because a T knows he cannot outgun the innos, so he tries to pick them off. While that works fine for the beginning of the game or with some T buddies, once there is one T left, and he knows he will lose, he usually delays the round. Maybe even the Jihad should come back.

Lastly, we need more custom stuff as a draw and for the love of god, a new voting plugin. I've seen some that are awesome and make ours look like a joke.

I agree. Jihad is cool, and there are lots of other weapons that could make the game fun. I'm down for any new ideas, as long as they don't involve hats or trails. I'd have to say the TTT server is very "vanilla" in comparison to others, to say the least.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
There was also the custom color smoke grenade idea, clearly something isnt working with what we have right now (I think there are some overly strict rules that could be relaxed to bring some fun back possibly) so change is the best plan.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »
The crashing severely hampers any server population that we can get. Stopping the crashes is a top priority.

I agree with Crow in that our rules are quite strict. While this is a good thing, we take TTT a little too seriously. TTT is meant to be fun, not a regimented game.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
The rules need to strike a balance between 'preventing people from having their rounds ruined by assholes' and 'having fun doing silly things' again.

Currently its a bit tight, but sometimes people are more lenient

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »
If were on the topic of adding a jihad can we please bring back the pain station, golden gun, and add a taser for the detectives.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
The crashing severely hampers any server population that we can get. Stopping the crashes is a top priority.

I agree with Crow in that our rules are quite strict. While this is a good thing, we take TTT a little too seriously. TTT is meant to be fun, not a regimented game.

Yes the crashing needs to be fixed before everything else IMO, that and the donation stuff needs to be added those 2 alone will increase the population for sure.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »

Agree with custom stuff - TTT is no doubt an old game and it needs updates to keep it fun;

with the traitor topic: about how many traitors are there? I've noticed, even though the proportions are equal, that 2-3 traitor teams lose far more often than 6-7 ones - point is the server population could have something to do with more innocents winning. Jihads could help, maybe we could re-install the older Vintar and in general tweak the damage of all traitor weapons rather than nerf the innocent weapons. Also suggestion/idea wise I think traitors should be more encouraged to work as teams.. i.g. "Seal Team Six" methods where they all run together with disguisers and silenced M16s / that kind of stuff makes traiting fun, or for me atleast. Seal Teaming with Nexus was the shit; you could also do the rotary c4 teaming or even mass minigun raids.

With the rule issue I'm not sure what really would be loosened up.. are we saying that rdmers should be given a chance without slay if they say "Oh I had no clue how to play this game"? I feel like trolls are gonna start using that kind of excuse.. I would be down to play on looser ends rule-wise but what rules can you loosen up?

Crashing needs to be fixed, agree; donating perks, agree; a new vote plug-in or even new maps though I'm not sure if there really are much newer maps out there; and most importantly another thing to remember right now is it's in the midst of heavy first semester school work, closing in on the end of the first semester for the most part. I know my schedule won't start loosening up until come holidays but I could understand why our generally older playerbase doesn't have much time to play anymore.
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal