CG Technical Area > CG Community Suggestions

ZPS CRASH 1-15-2010

(1/2) > >>

Klondor:
Did it auto restart (restart automatically if you are unaware that anyone else did it):
No, Server looked like it was being hacked
What time did it occur (include your timezone please):
Midnight 1-15-2010 Alaska time
Which server was it (which game):
CTC ZPS
Was it during map change: (If so put was it from an rtv was it the end of time for a map and it switched or did an admin force switch it)
No
Did you experience any lag before it crashed:
No, server Immediately stop responding, tried rejoining from friends and also server was not present on  Game list.
Around how many players were on the server when it crashed:
Additional notes:
Server seemed to be attacked, 3 players continued to be unaffected an in-game even though every other player was forced out or there machine crashed. I went ahead and stopped the server and then re-booted it after a few minutes and nothing seemed to be going wrong with it after re-boot. I was un-able to ascertain who was behind the crash or if it indeed was due to malicious intent.

pwn3dl1fe:
It was not me :D

Jorgen:
T'was mee!!!!

oh wait i don't know anything about hackin or been on the server lately....
 DAMNIT

Skieski:
Do you remember any names Klondor? You know, the guys that remained in the server while everybody was not affected?

How quickly did the server expell all its people?

Wholegrain:
So what you are saying is that the players crash out as in some players zps crashed? Cause a contradiction you made was that 3 ppl were unaffected by this but in what way if the server crashed immediately

Also this people yes give me a phrase from their names it will show up on the logs

It wasn't a ddos i checked the files for that we are clean it may be a command dump or it was a problem with the map

Nothing serious like what we used to catch when we had to reinstall everything

Just in case i am making a backup of the server since the last backup is from 11/11/09

Thank you JoJo and Klondor
both of you notified me which i greatly appreciate although i wish JoJo would have notified me on these forums but steam chat works as well

I am taking necessary precautions just in case

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version