Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZM - Models suggestions  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Christovski

Re: ZM - Models suggestions
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »
Therein lies the problem, lack of support.  I've been pulling in models from all sorts of games and so far 2 out of 10 of them work.  I think I have to focus on using models designed for HL2 only, not CSS, not Gmod, only HL2.

Not to mention I expected people to ask about how they can get access to models and suggest donating to them, but so far after having them for over 2 weeks, the only mention I hear of the models is people bitching that they hate having to download them and that we should get rid of them.

What little optimism I had for this idea is waning.  I'm giving it another week or so of effort before I decide to shut it down or not.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Pillz

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
How about you don't use Sourcebans, and instead use the good'ole adminsimple.ini file we used to use in ZPS to add admins and whatnot?

Ideally the flags you would use on SB are the files on the server, and as long as you have the custom flags set up correctly you can just add donators to the adminsimple.ini file and give them 1 immunity and the custom flags + voting flags or whatever else you would want.

If you read the whole thread instead of skimming you would have seen that I mentioned that death tried that very thing Pillz.  Sourcebans ACCESSES those files, and anytime it syncs up or w/e with the server it resets it.  Hence when Death tried it once it worked, but a little while later suddenly it didn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure that any time you update anything for admins who are on ZM, it updates that file.  Dante was missing the models flag and so I went in SB to add it to his account, and when I looked at the adminsimple.ini file on the server afterwards, it had that custom flag listed. 

If I were to disengage ZM server from sourcebans COMPLETELY it could work, but in doing that I would lose the good ban tracking tools we have, that allow us to identify players with past bans anywhere on CG, which is worth way more than the donator thing.

Noo, I've had admins on the ZPS adminsimple.ini file for years, Sourcebans never overwrit it; until the reinstall I still had Slywilliam, Sejo and Krolin listed in the .ini file. Perhaps ZM does it differently but from what I see SB doesn't use the adminsimple.ini file at all, and on other servers the file is empty because they add admins with sourcebans; but idunno.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal