Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZM - Models suggestions  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Christovski

Re: ZM - Models suggestions
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Currently added and functioning models:
Elite Combine
Stormtrooper

Currently added but broken models:
Lucario (animation/physics broken, model and texture works)
Geth (animation/physics broken, model and texture works)
Zelda (animation/physics broken, model and texture works)
Sonic (Appears as a giant red error)
Tails (Appears as a giant red error)

To be added maybe but seems like most of these are from teh same guy that the above animation errors are from:
Joshua Graham/Burned Man (F:NV)
Rorshach (Watchmen)
Steve (Minecraft)

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Toku

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »

Offline DBag

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 02:16:58 AM »
Just a reminder. Models are still not working for Donators
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
The whole Donator group on Sourcebans is busted and that's up to the CL's, I can set up admins not groups.

The problem is giving people the ability to use models without giving them admin on ZM which they shouldnt have.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
The whole Donator group on Sourcebans is busted and that's up to the CL's, I can set up admins not groups.

The problem is giving people the ability to use models without giving them admin on ZM which they shouldnt have.

Well that should just be a matter of changing the group permissions. Assuming that the custom flag six that you have it set to on SB is the command it should be working. I don't know why it wouldn't be.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline DBag

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
Yeah I thought you could just set an admin group that only has access to whatever commands you let them have access to

Offline Christovski

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »
That works for people who are donators and not admins, but because we are tied to Sourcebans (instead of each server having independent control of admins) every person only has ONE account by steamID on sourcebans. 

Random example: say youre a trial admin on ZPS, you are in the trial admin group, you are given access to that on the ZPS server specifically, and you have an immunity level of 5 (on a scale of 100).  If you were to give them access to another server, it would automatically give them their trial admin abilities on that server, you can't (as far as I can tell the way our sourcebans is set up) give them different abilities on each server because there aren't separate settings for their access on separate servers.

The immunity and group and accesses are all tied to that one account, NOT by server.  Vet admins work fine because they get the same level of access on all servers they are admin on, but as soon as you want someone to be an admin on one server, and only a donator on another, it becomes (as far as I can tell) impossible to do.

Now currently the donator group doesn't work anyways, it is a group with 0 immunity (so all admins can act upon them like normal), and a custom flag for the models plugin, but when people who donated and are set to be in only the donator group (like Otter) join the ZM server, they don't have the flag that sourcebans says they should have, for whatever reason, so that is ALSO broken :P

Offline DBag

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
Ah OK well that sucks I wanted to be a storm trooper again. It worked when death asked me to test it the first time but not since then. Oh well

Offline Christovski

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
I'll try and bug Death again, I think he did something to the admin file on the server and made it different from sourcebans, then sourcebans probably synced up with the server some time after that and reset his changes to match the master sourcebans data.

Offline DBag

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:07 PM »
Ah ok. I would think you could create something that wouldn't get update by SM to just keep a placeholder for a person. I am not to sure how our servers run through the database so I am just speculating.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:11 PM »
I miss the old days where I could set it all up on the server so we could easily have all sorts of custom levels, but at least sourcebans gives us the ability to track bans and such, its a tradeoff.

Offline DBag

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:33 PM »
Yeah, One for the other

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 02:51:04 AM »
How about you don't use Sourcebans, and instead use the good'ole adminsimple.ini file we used to use in ZPS to add admins and whatnot?

Ideally the flags you would use on SB are the files on the server, and as long as you have the custom flags set up correctly you can just add donators to the adminsimple.ini file and give them 1 immunity and the custom flags + voting flags or whatever else you would want.

This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »
How about you don't use Sourcebans, and instead use the good'ole adminsimple.ini file we used to use in ZPS to add admins and whatnot?

Ideally the flags you would use on SB are the files on the server, and as long as you have the custom flags set up correctly you can just add donators to the adminsimple.ini file and give them 1 immunity and the custom flags + voting flags or whatever else you would want.

If you read the whole thread instead of skimming you would have seen that I mentioned that death tried that very thing Pillz.  Sourcebans ACCESSES those files, and anytime it syncs up or w/e with the server it resets it.  Hence when Death tried it once it worked, but a little while later suddenly it didn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure that any time you update anything for admins who are on ZM, it updates that file.  Dante was missing the models flag and so I went in SB to add it to his account, and when I looked at the adminsimple.ini file on the server afterwards, it had that custom flag listed. 

If I were to disengage ZM server from sourcebans COMPLETELY it could work, but in doing that I would lose the good ban tracking tools we have, that allow us to identify players with past bans anywhere on CG, which is worth way more than the donator thing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:14:21 PM by Christovski »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »
Ahh yes, I can see the trouble. I wasn't thinking about the other servers too. The only thing I can think of is to have an external pluggin just for the models, but I can't imagine that being a thing for ZM. At least, not anymore.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal