Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Space Engineers  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Space Engineers
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
Actually does.

I bought it when it was only £5, now it's about £20.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
I love the concept. However, after watching the videos the game seems very empty consisting on only 1 objective...spend countless hours building your ship...then crash it into other ships...

Yeah...that won't get old in a day or so. The Frame rates drop harder than 67th way v6

... That's just them showing off crashes, and the destruction in the alpha, there will be lots more then that, silly x.x

Anyway, I told you guys about this, and it's really fun, I enjoy it a lot,

I'm sorry, but both of the videos on steam are just show casing crashes...which lead me to believe there is nothing more to this game then build ship...crash ship...repeat.

At least in interstellar marines they have a showcase of all the features they are going to and want to add to the game right there in the steam video.

I know potentially what is going to happen... now...With this game I watched two videos that to me say, we don't know what we want. "Aint it fun to smash shit up?"

yes...but for how long?

This must be a turning point...Cause I actually agree with Inject here.

I was under the impression that Indie developers didn't want to be like IW or DICE or those other big name companies.

Yet they are following the trend of releasing stuff long before it is ready for prime time.

Back in my day Beta/Alpha was free.

Why is it that these silver spoon azzhats think it is okay to beg for money for something that doesn't work.

The peons are paying good money for garbage that may never come to fruition. It is like investing in a jetpack when all you have seen in verbiage talking about how great it is going to be. Without actually seeing a prototype or design specs.

Why are we dropping our standards? It is bad enough that we have to deal with shitty console ports.

Alpha Beta or Omega...I should not be seeing your massive frame rate lag in your video...if you want to bring something up to show case level you better get back to work.

Maybe, just maybe...if you want to make a video...you should do something to make that game lag less...turn down the graphics...stop playing on your e machine...IDK it just bothers the fuck out of me that someone is going to drop money on something that to me would be unplayable.

Well...it's their money and they can piss it away however they choose.

Our rigs are so powerful today they shouldn't lag unless against 67th_way_v6 or the most recent release of the AAA game of the year.

Even the shittiest maps (if optimized) are playable.

/rant

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »
If you could see how many levels you were wrong on I could probably make the longest lasting game in the world.

First, Early access. I assume that people will KNOW what they're getting into, and can buy into it if they want to support development, while keeping a copy which may or may not be cheaper than the completed product, they should know the risks and know that it's not a finished product, and that it's no guarantee (even though, I think that if It's on steam, then they should have enough money to keep on development) that it will ever be completed.

Early access is really for the people that want to play the game without waiting til release, so that they can see it be built up, see more things being added, and have their feedback heard before it's too late and it's all released - and hey, if the devs are able to get people to help test for bugs and all, while having gained money to further support the game, I say it's pretty good.

And now to the "grrr all companies are evil burn them they'll just take our money and then stop making the game grr". Sure, I understand why you feel that way, and that's why you don't buy from anyone without solid evidence that the game is okay and has enough to pass on by unhindered. And no, it's not going to become the future. Because early access still won't entice loads of players as you can clearly see by your butt whinging (don't get flustered, it's a joke), and I can sum it up with one company: Mojang. They had paid alphas, which in turn gave them more money to work on the game, which in turn let them make it an even better game. If companies just take money and then stop developing for the game they're really not going to survive at all and they know that. It's better to keep updating a game until full release - alas earning more money as more things are added, more reviews are made, and more publicity is handed. Then when it's released, patch when necessary, start making another game that earns money and works.

While companies can be faced as capitalist pigs - because that's what they're meant to be for, to make money, they're going to need to make sure they're product is in working condition and is fit for release. That doesn't mean you'll like the game, people make shit games all the time, but Early access could somewhat change some of the flow, letting you see what it is and what they intend to do with it, and will make sure they have an income to keep developing.

I'm certain I've missed out a lot, but not in the greatest of moods at the moment, so will probably revisit later.

Anyway, if you want to debate early access, debate board's right over there, just leave this for Space Engineers from now on, mkay?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:01:47 PM by Leetgrain »
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »

Oh my god this.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »

Oh my god this.
Please tell me which games, because i've been clearly missing them out.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
Beta testing used to be a large group of people got to play a buggy, pre-release version of the game for free because the devs needed stress-test the game and find bugs by reporting them, then the Beta would end a little before the game's release, and then the pay version would come out. 

Beta testing used to be free, now people are paying for it :|

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »
Beta testing used to be a large group of people got to play a buggy, pre-release version of the game for free because the devs needed stress-test the game and find bugs by reporting them, then the Beta would end a little before the game's release, and then the pay version would come out. 

Yes, because it's not like there was just an open beta for Battlefield 4 or anything... besides, they never used to have OPEN betas, I'm sure there still is a select group of people stress testing the game that got it for free. Having a beta that you can purchase just allows the company to get some fast cash from people that really want to support the game and get to have exponentially more people trying to find bugs. Basically it's a win win, people that never would have been able to get in the beta before now can and the company gets money. What are you complaining about again? No one is making you buy the beta and you probably wouldn't have been a part of it if it were closed.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »

Yes, because it's not like there was just an open beta for Battlefield 4 or anything... besides, they never used to have OPEN betas, I'm sure there still is a select group of people stress testing the game that got it for free. Having a beta that you can purchase just allows the company to get some fast cash from people that really want to support the game and get to have exponentially more people trying to find bugs. Basically it's a win win, people that never would have been able to get in the beta before now can and the company gets money. What are you complaining about again? No one is making you buy the beta and you probably wouldn't have been a part of it if it were closed.

This is my issue, from the previous page. 
The devs have your money already, they don't have to even fix the game.

Its in alpha its to be expected

Exactly why you don't pay people for alphas.

Seriously, if people keep buying these games as buggy as they are in alpha, more and more game developers are going to start releasing unfinished stuff all the time instead of finishing the damned thing, lets not support that trend eh?

I'd like to point out that I actually think the game in question looks good so far, and I want to check it out when it is done.  I DON'T, however, want to pay for a buggy, unoptimized, and feature-lacking alpha version.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:53:47 PM by Christovski »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

This is my issue, from the previous page. 
The devs have your money already, they don't have to even fix the game.

Its in alpha its to be expected

Exactly why you don't pay people for alphas.

Seriously, if people keep buying these games as buggy as they are in alpha, more and more game developers are going to start releasing unfinished stuff all the time instead of finishing the damned thing, lets not support that trend eh?

First, Early access. I assume that people will KNOW what they're getting into, and can buy into it if they want to support development, while keeping a copy which may or may not be cheaper than the completed product, they should know the risks and know that it's not a finished product, and that it's no guarantee (even though, I think that if It's on steam, then they should have enough money to keep on development) that it will ever be completed.

Early access is really for the people that want to play the game without waiting til release, so that they can see it be built up, see more things being added, and have their feedback heard before it's too late and it's all released - and hey, if the devs are able to get people to help test for bugs and all, while having gained money to further support the game, I say it's pretty good.

And now to the "grrr all companies are evil burn them they'll just take our money and then stop making the game grr". Sure, I understand why you feel that way, and that's why you don't buy from anyone without solid evidence that the game is okay and has enough to pass on by unhindered. And no, it's not going to become the future. Because early access still won't entice loads of players as you can clearly see by your butt whinging (don't get flustered, it's a joke), and I can sum it up with one company: Mojang. They had paid alphas, which in turn gave them more money to work on the game, which in turn let them make it an even better game. If companies just take money and then stop developing for the game they're really not going to survive at all and they know that. It's better to keep updating a game until full release - alas earning more money as more things are added, more reviews are made, and more publicity is handed. Then when it's released, patch when necessary, start making another game that earns money and works.

While companies can be faced as capitalist pigs - because that's what they're meant to be for, to make money, they're going to need to make sure they're product is in working condition and is fit for release. That doesn't mean you'll like the game, people make shit games all the time, but Early access could somewhat change some of the flow, letting you see what it is and what they intend to do with it, and will make sure they have an income to keep developing.

I'm certain I've missed out a lot, but not in the greatest of moods at the moment, so will probably revisit later.

Anyway, if you want to debate early access, debate board's right over there, just leave this for Space Engineers from now on, mkay?
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
I posted this thread to spread the word on the game and start discussion on it. Instead it turned into ""LOL WHY WOULD I GIVE MONEY TO PLAY A GAME WHEN ITS NOT DONE, LOL FUCK THE DEVS THEY DONT NEED MONEY TO MAKE A GAME, SHIT LOOKS AWFUL"". I mean I don't know why I expected anything else.

The game looks fucking awesome and it's only going to get better and more involving; 15 dollars is barely anything for a game like this, and I'm sure it'll be well worth it. Especially if the game comes out for 30$ one day, like Minecraft I'd be happy if I got the game cheaper because I saw the beauty in it earlier than others.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:35:53 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:14 PM »
I just want to point out this part cause people missed it :P

I'd like to point out that I actually think the game in question looks good so far, and I want to check it out when it is done.  I DON'T, however, want to pay for a buggy, unoptimized, and feature-lacking alpha version.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
I'll pay for a beta, but unless the game has a lot of meat already on it, it will be a cold day in hell when I pay money for a fucking alpha. It looks like it has a lot of performance issues above anything else, and that's one of the few things I really lack patience for.

It looks cool and I love space games, and the idea of playing as a bunch of insane swering engineers in space who may or may not have lied on their applications will always make me grin ear to ear (see spacestation 13), but I would wait on this one for a little bit.

edit: Oh man I almost forgot to take the opportunity to vent how much I hate minecraft.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:45:55 PM by Napolean BonaPARTY »
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
But it's the gamble of getting a (good) game for a cheap price.

I guess it's just a market strategy.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
I might get it when it gets to beta as I enjoy spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace but this is too unfinshed for me

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
I might get it when it gets to beta as I enjoy spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace but this is too unfinshed for me
WAY TO UNFINISHED

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal