Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Space Engineers  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Pillz

Space Engineers
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
Steam has been abuzz with this game for the past two weeks, and I plan on getting this one too; it looks like heaps of fun.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3b9e_KWO-I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3b9e_KWO-I</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk6L0zNB6U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk6L0zNB6U</a>
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

Re: Space Engineers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
Eh, I don't pay for alphas.  Or betas.  When the game's actually done, then I'll buy it.  Same as with Kerbal.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
Eh, I don't pay for alphas.  Or betas.  When the game's actually done, then I'll buy it.  Same as with Kerbal.

Well like Minecraft I don't think this game will ever be done, they can continue working on it and making it more amazing. You can already build any kind of spaceship or spaceship docking building you want. It's completely customizable, multiplayer AND with realistic damage. I can't wait to see where they go with it.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
The concept looks shitty.

I think it's very limited.

Offline DBag

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
Just bought it. I am going to recreate the Normandy love this concept
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
I love the concept. However, after watching the videos the game seems very empty consisting on only 1 objective...spend countless hours building your ship...then crash it into other ships...

Yeah...that won't get old in a day or so. The Frame rates drop harder than 67th way v6
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline DBag

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
Its in alpha its to be expected
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »
I love the concept. However, after watching the videos the game seems very empty consisting on only 1 objective...spend countless hours building your ship...then crash it into other ships...

Yeah...that won't get old in a day or so. The Frame rates drop harder than 67th way v6

... That's just them showing off crashes, and the destruction in the alpha, there will be lots more then that, silly x.x

Anyway, I told you guys about this, and it's really fun, I enjoy it a lot,

Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »

Exactly why you don't pay people for alphas.

Seriously, if people keep buying these games as buggy as they are in alpha, more and more game developers are going to start releasing unfinished stuff all the time instead of finishing the damned thing, lets not support that trend eh?

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »
:|

The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

Exactly why you don't pay people for alphas.

Seriously, if people keep buying these games as buggy as they are in alpha, more and more game developers are going to start releasing unfinished stuff all the time instead of finishing the damned thing, lets not support that trend eh?
Gota say, you have a point. I've felt the same way. And it's already happening. The indie alpha BS has already slipped it's way into AAA titles.
Indie is going to kill the gaming industry. -_-

Also I'd hope when you said you'll buy it at release you meant "IF IT'S GOOD".

Also, I think it's ok to have exceptions to the rule. While Minecraft was in Beta/Alpha for a long time, it was never really in Alpha/Beta realistically since it wasn't really unfinished in the sence of bugs but in the sence  of added features to come. So I can see it being OK to buy Minecraft while in BETA.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Kingtrue

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
Well like Minecraft I don't think this game will ever be done, they can continue working on it and making it more amazing.

TF2 is still being worked on,
Don't starve is still being worked on,
DOTA2 is,
and War thunder,
etc.

The point is, as long as there is a community or a team that puts in content for the game, it will never truly be finished. That's the beauty of it; we don't know what people would've done with skyrim when it first came out, but look at all the mods!!
Who knows what will come out of this game or its player base? At the moment, we have only seen a glimpse of the whole thing.
Nyah.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
Yeah so why don't people wait for it to be more than a "build a ship, build a base, then there's nothing else to do really" simulator before dropping money on it :|

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
Because it might cost more when they've done more with it? Also it's fun to watch a game grow, and everyone who's played it has seemed to of really enjoyed themselves.

I've seen people make giant Creepers, Voltron robots and skyscrapers that look awesome; really that's enough for me, and like Minecraft, I seriously enjoy playing the game and watching the new updates roll out and seeing what's new.

If Space Engineers doesn't already have it I'm sure they'll add some form of farming and perhaps even small planets and stars to fly too and do stuff with. I don't really expect people who don't enjoy sandbox games to like it, but for everyone who enjoys Minecraft this game will be awesome.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
Minecraft is well out of alpha and it doesn't cost more than it used to :|

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal