Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 1187 times)

Offline crovv

NaNoWriMo
« on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
Here's an announcement I'm making on Monday for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which takes place in November. Because its on my mind, and I only have 2 other people and a teacher in the group with me so I'm looking for inspiration, I'm wondering if anyone else would do this if they had the time or have done it in the past, or perhaps are doing it this year?

Announcement (about a page long):
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hello everyone; my name is Justin, I’m a senior, and I’ve been a writer for quite a long time now, and last year discovered an event called “NaNoWriMo;”  short for “National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo takes place in November, and has the main goal of writing 50,000 words in November. For writers that don’t have drive, it is used in order to push yourself to make that rough draft happen. Notice I said rough draft: you’re just putting words on paper as fast as your brain comes up with them; slight grammar, spelling, or other errors are fine, you don’t have to be the next Shakespeare to participate. The problem is, unless you start to neglect your schoolwork, 50,000 words is tough to come by. Therefore, Mr. Moore and I are going to be writing a group novel this year. Not only is this a great way to get your creative juices flowing, but also a great chance to write more quickly, without restrictions. One chapter - that is, 2-5 pages, or more if you have the time - within 48 hours. After your 48 hours are up, you’d send it off to the next person in line, who’d right the next chapter, and so on. This way, you have to concentrate on two or three pages within two days rather than fifty or a hundred thousand words in 30 days. I participated last year, and got 8382 words total in my first attempt at a Science Fiction novel, so if you want to read that for inspiration, email me at <my school email>. Can any writers or creative minds who want to participate on the group novel please meet me in the rotunda after school meeting? Thanks, and don’t forget to keep writing if you like to write.

Offline Kountd0wn

Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 02:02:07 AM »
It was a mandatory assignment for me last year. "Write 2-3,000 words a day" was the constant homework for English class. I hated every bit of it....

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 02:02:07 AM »

Offline crovv

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »
It was a mandatory assignment for me last year. "Write 2-3,000 words a day" was the constant homework for English class. I hated every bit of it....

Jesus christ, I'd hate that. As someone who likes it, I can't imagine having to do it as part of my homework.

Ðeath.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
I think I'll take part in this. I got a great idea, wrote it down, never went to write it, script it, or anything.

Offline crovv

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »
I think I'll take part in this. I got a great idea, wrote it down, never went to write it, script it, or anything.

I've actually managed to get a group going for this. I'm at three teachers and six students - including me - which is actually pretty good, assuming everyone sticks around/does their part.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal