Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bigsister ttt ban appeal  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Bigsister

Bigsister ttt ban appeal
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »
Who were you banned by: Nexus

Why were you banned: rdm and leave

What server where you banned from: ttt

What date and/or time around were you banned: 9/2/13 10:02

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14729400

Your in game name: Bigsister

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989724529

Additional comments: I was downloading the next map when i got banned.

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Bigsister ttt ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »
Proof? And why did you rdm? You're enough of a regular.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
Proof? And why did you rdm? You're enough of a regular.
Not really sure how he could prove it one way or the other, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, if you RDMed then yes you need to be punished (according to TTT CG rules) but a punishment for 1 RDM is a slay.
So if he was in fact downloading the next map then he should not have been banned (although I can see how the mistake would be made).

I'm going to join the server, see who banned you and there reason for added info to this thread.

EDIT:

Looks like double RDM. However;

Quote from: Punishments Standards
RDM
Single Round:
    1-2 rdms = slay (unless you ask the person who was rdm'ed. Then it is their decision)
Same thing happens.

And when I joined it was on a map that took FOREVER to download. It killed the server w/e the map was. I changed the map before I left.
So big sisters story is VERY likely.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:47:52 AM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
I was on about 2 hours prior and that is around the time bigsister got on. I don't really play much with big sister, however I never had an issue for the good hour I played on the server and nexus was with us at that time too.

My question is about being banned while loading the map?

If this is indeed a true statement then I would assume two things happened here:

These questions are directed at Nexus:

1. When and if you pulled a status on the load up of the next map, did you see Big sister in the page still pending the connect?

2. When you dropped the hammer did it say banned (steam id) or did it say banned (big sister)?

You might be able to see this in the server log. If a player is downloading a map he is still connected to the server, I am not 100% sure about the "has joined server" plugin we have if it occurs upon initial connection or when you actually load up to the MOTD.

I know that normally I wait a good 3 minutes while I stare and stare looking to see if the person even shows up in the "Joined the server plugin"

However, if that fails I will also pull a status to see if they are in limbo and are indeed connected to the server.

So, if nexus does indeed say that it said banned ID, Bis sister did you happen to drop at anytime prior to being prompted you were banned?

Anyway, hope all goes well,

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
I was on about 2 hours prior and that is around the time bigsister got on. I don't really play much with big sister, however I never had an issue for the good hour I played on the server and nexus was with us at that time too.

If this is indeed a true statement then I would assume two things happened here:

1. When and if you pulled a status on the load up of the next map, did you see Big sister in the page still pending the connect?

2. When you dropped the hammer did it say banned (steam id) or did it say banned (big sister)?

You might be able to see this in the server log. If a player is downloading a map he is still connected to the server, I am not 100% sure about the "has joined server" plugin we have if it occurs upon initial connection or when you actually load up to the MOTD.

I know that normally I wait a good 3 minutes while I stare and stare looking to see if the person even shows up in the "Joined the server plugin"

However, if that fails I will also pull a status to see if they are in limbo and are indeed connected to the server.

So, if nexus does indeed say that it said banned ID, Bis sister did you happen to drop at anytime prior to being prompted you were banned?

-Wooley

It had to be ID, Look at Injects Picture. If it was By Name, then a name would have shown up, not an ID.

And I Normally wait a round, that is lots of time to join, and if they do not, then I ban. IF they show up, then they take the slay so..

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »

-Wooley

It had to be ID, Look at Injects Picture. If it was By Name, then a name would have shown up, not an ID.

And I Normally wait a round, that is lots of time to join, and if they do not, then I ban. IF they show up, then they take the slay so..
it was a 200MB (When compressed) map that never downloaded for me. He probably couldn't join. I'll wait for nexus to reply within 24-48 hours.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
I didn't wait 3 minutes but I waited three rounds. The possibility that you were downloading the map came to mind so I waited 2 rounds and then an additional one to make sure.

Info on the Ban:

1. You rdmed me by killing me when I picked up a knife, called it out, and then shot me for thinking that I bought it.

2. You killed a traitor for running away from an area in which somebody was sniped which is not killable unless they ran by an unided body or you saw them snipe (which you confessed to not seeing).

The map switched then after three rounds I banned you.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Bigsister

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
Probable should have posted these earlier, but I didn't think I would need them.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:25:45 AM »
Christmastown isn't even a big map. And even three rounds? I highly doubt that. Not only that, but the ban took place at one AM. Your screenshots indicate that its 9pm in your steam menu. Meaning you just fabricated those screenshots earlier today. Why would you be taking screenshots during your download of the map anyways?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
Christmastown isn't even a big map. And even three rounds? I highly doubt that. Not only that, but the ban took place at one AM. Your screenshots indicate that its 9pm in your steam menu. Meaning you just fabricated those screenshots earlier today. Why would you be taking screenshots during your download of the map anyways?
He may not be in the same timezone, in the OP he did say he was banned a bit past 10pm, so that matches up.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 03:22:01 AM »
He may not be in the same timezone, in the OP he did say he was banned a bit past 10pm, so that matches up.

However, like it is noted above, if he was connecting to the server it would have banned him with his name as well. Which it didn't, meaning he wasn't connecting to the server.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Maybe hes showing his internet speed.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »

However, like it is noted above, if he was connecting to the server it would have banned him with his name as well. Which it didn't, meaning he wasn't connecting to the server.
The name would only be added if he was banned during the "Sending Client Info" section of the connect. DL's come before that so his name would not have shown.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »

Well it says that you were in the server or on GMOD at the time of this, so do you remember it happening? Also if bigsister uploaded these at the time of his ban, a link to the actual steam screenshot would be sufficient.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »

Well it says that you were in the server or on GMOD at the time of this, so do you remember it happening? Also if bigsister uploaded these at the time of his ban, a link to the actual steam screenshot would be sufficient.

I work during the times the screenshots would have been taken except for last night which was my day off.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal