Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The "Friendzone"  (Read 7863 times)

Offline EagleWulf

Re: The "Friendzone"
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
I think in certain special cases the "friendzone" is real. Maybe 95% of the time a guy says friendzone, it's total bs. it really can depend. there was a girl i dated earlier in high school, and after we broke up we've remained friends ever since. it was after a party a few months ago, me and some other guys were talking to her about relationships and about a boy who was into her at the party. and what we heard her say was, "it sucks because none of my close friends are attractive, except for [EagleWulf] but he knows WAY  too much about me for it work out again".

i wasn't into her at the time so i wouldn't call it a friendzone, but that's essentially what it was. it CAN happen, but it's extremely rare. most of the time it's because there was never an attraction in the first place. I used to call "friendzone" all the time earlier in high school until i grew up and realized that i am entitled to nothing for being nice.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 11:48:08 PM »
Well TECHNICALLY I did "friend zone" a girl back in middle school because I felt the relationship wouldn't go well (comparing how relationships usually go in middle school) and it'd ruin our friendship. We both had feelings for each other.

When we met back up 3-4 years later in high school, we both agreed the result would have been terrible (we both had major personal issues happening around that time or soon after that I won't speak about).

We are still somewhat decent friends today, we occasionally talk on Skype, and play games together if that one rare co-op game appears that we both want (Her entire family is big into gaming).

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 11:48:08 PM »

Offline Raunky

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 11:56:24 PM »

Offline Andredem

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »
The friend zone happens if a girl doesn't like your personality AND/OR doesn't find you attractive sexually. It's a change in attitude and perspective so it doesn't look like you're "rejected." In most cases they don't give a damn if you stay their friend or not.

For instance, if she says "I think dating is stupid" you're friendzoned buddy, like it may be a true statement that dating is stupid in high school but if 2 people like each other they don't care.

I had an odd case where a girl really crushed on me a lot before she actually met me, so she obviously was attracted to me, then we met and she loved my personality but somehow figured "a relationship would get us no where" ... like what ? Girl's mentality - pfft, go figure, cut her off and move on. Easier said than done though

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:26:26 AM by Andredem »
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »
The friend zone happens if a girl doesn't like your personality AND/OR doesn't find you attractive sexually. It's a change in attitude and perspective so it doesn't look like you're "rejected." In most cases they don't give a damn if you stay their friend or not.

For instance, if she says "I think dating is stupid" you're friendzoned buddy, like it may be a true statement that dating is stupid in high school but if 2 people like each other they don't care.

I had an odd case where a girl really crushed on me a lot before she actually met me, so she obviously was attracted to me, then we met and she loved my personality but somehow figured "a relationship would get us no where" ... like what ? Girl's mentality - pfft, go figure, cut her off and move on. Easier said than done though

I agree with most of what you said, though I do think if they just got broken up with in a relationship, something along the lines of "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" is a valid response, which actually means you were friendzoned. though if you try and go after a girl who was just broken up with, fuck you, you're a jerk. don't be the rebound guy.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:48 AM »
I believe friendzoning exists and that it does not exist, if that makes any sense.

Offline kaelthex

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »
The friend-zone is a thing and it isnt a thing....figure it out i give up...

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 03:07:23 AM »
Friend-zoning is a polite way to allow females to reject those whom she does not deem a suitable mate. However, if you listened to reddit, you are the nicest guy in the world, and you look so god damned handsome in that fedora with your matching neckbeard, that she is fucking crazy not to love you. Rejecting happens, and its not how it happens, but how you react to it, like all things in life. If you are willing to degrade the relationship into something like 'Oh man I'm only her friend.' Then your relationship was never going to work in the first place. You should be happy in the fact that she deems you enough of a person to be her friend, that you can still be close to one another in a non physical relationship, which in my opinion is 9/10 better than one based purely on physical interaction.

If you don't try to approach every female as a possible mate, you'll be happier in your life and you won't get 'friendzoned' quite as often. Try to approach women as friend initially, and then build up to that level of possibly taking it further.

A lot of the times guys think they are 'friendzoned' when in reality, they probably hardly knew the woman in question, and just something on a pedestal that they couldn't have, so they justify their rejection in their own mind.

TL;DR: Guys made the friendzone because they can't handle rejection.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 03:12:54 AM »
Why is it only girls that are allowed to friend zone people... This isn't a gender-specific thing, it can happen either way. I've done it myself and you know what? If one person doesn't like the other, that's that. A relationship is a 2 way street and it's gonna hurt them more if you attempt a relationship than if you "friend-zone" them. Shit happens.

Friend-zoning in my eyes is just a form of rejection. It isn't an actual thing on it's own, it's just part of the rejection spectrum. No one means to friend-zone anyone. It's the victim that labels themselves friend-zoned.

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 05:12:21 AM »

yeah  pretty much has a point here.. reason girl put guys in friend zone:

1) not attracted (physically) but persona is okey = FRIEND ZONE

2) males intentions aren't clear, so she thinks nothing of it= FRIENDS ZONE

3) its a form of letting themselves feel good about not wanting to date you guys

Notes:

* a girl will think the minute she sees you or meets you whether she would date you, the minute she says no to herself  = FRIEND ZONE! (its just a nice way of not feeling guilty for not dating you, even tho you have a good persona)

* to have a chance of being friend zones, in my opinion be a bit pervy. she'll know you have some sexual interest and wont completely throw you out into the fried zone. (but don't over do it, come off too strong of a pervet you'll scare her away and dump you on the creepers to stay away list, which is alot worse)

* we are complicated/evil creatures  Meme3 if she doesn't give you the time of day .. move le fudge on!

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »
Already made a long winded post about how I feel about this term, not gonna do so again. In short, it's a dumb and entitled concept and it's a silly sounding word to boot.

Offline Billy

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xHp5iTtWRc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xHp5iTtWRc</a>

/thread?
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Red

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
To avoid getting friend zoned all you have to do is hide in a corner during most social gatherings, avoid eye contact, and be awkward. That's how I do it. =|
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
Welp,  this is just same-old same-old, now. Close thread?
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal