Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Split from thread -> ZM map addition requests (derailment!)  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Sammy

Split from thread -> ZM map addition requests (derailment!)
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
Post maps you think we should add, please fill out the following format.

Name of map:

Link to map page:

Map list to add to:
(Rotation, Nominate, or Admin only)

Reasons/description/details:

The maps you removed back on please, asdf, gasdump, asylum.

Reason: Insanely popular.. was insanely dumb to take them off public nomination or w.e was done to them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:32:57 PM by SkiesAhoy »
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Christovski

Re: ZM map addition requests
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
#1 follow the format

#2 the map lists thread is the place for this request as that thread is for changing a map from one list (admin only) to another list (nominate)

#3 Asylum is currently on the nominate list, dunno what the issue is there

#4 Gasdump was taken off nominate due to constant glitching of the elevator, but might go back on nominate if enough people want it, I will make a vote to see what people want, if the majority want it back, I will put it back on nominate.

#5 ASDF was moved to admin-only with Bubbles due to requests from admins and much of our regulars to have less trap maps where everyone camps at the beginning of the map or block everyone because they're trying to trick the ZM into wasting the trap and generally wasting everyone's time.

I may make a vote to put ASDF back on nominate.

In the future, calling something I/we did "Insanely dumb" will result in your request being completely ignored.  I don't take kindly to that.

In my experience gasdump is not that popular and people leave because of how long people make the round last by camping upstairs and not playing the map.  ASDF is, but seeing as how we already have plenty of trap maps in deathrun, random, and tetris epic, we wanted to cut down the amount of time we spend yelling "JUST GO stop BLOCKING!" in a given day.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »

Offline Sammy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »
#1 follow the format

#2 the map lists thread is the place for this request as that thread is for changing a map from one list (admin only) to another list (nominate)

#3 Asylum is currently on the nominate list, dunno what the issue is there

#4 Gasdump was taken off nominate due to constant glitching of the elevator, but might go back on nominate if enough people want it, I will make a vote to see what people want, if the majority want it back, I will put it back on nominate.

#5 ASDF was moved to admin-only with Bubbles due to requests from admins and much of our regulars to have less trap maps where everyone camps at the beginning of the map or block everyone because they're trying to trick the ZM into wasting the trap and generally wasting everyone's time.

I may make a vote to put ASDF back on nominate.

In the future, calling something I/we did "Insanely dumb" will result in your request being completely ignored.  I don't take kindly to that.

In my experience gasdump is not that popular and people leave because of how long people make the round last by camping upstairs and not playing the map.  ASDF is, but seeing as how we already have plenty of trap maps in deathrun, random, and tetris epic, we wanted to cut down the amount of time we spend yelling "JUST GO stop BLOCKING!" in a given day.

#1: No.
#2: I don't care... I just want it back.
#3: I do recall you removing it due to something with the elevator, I didn't re-check when I posted.
#4 Gasdump will be wanted, everyone I told about the removal from public nomination was hugely pissed.
#5 So you're saying you're removing deathruns cause you dont want to do your job as an admin? Jesus christ YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THEM MOVE... THATS WHAT ADMIN IS FOR.
In the future: Consult your oldest vet before making any major changes, I utterly detest the manner in which this was done completely behind my back. Its pathetic.
Its a fact...

Ðeath.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »

#5 So you're saying you're removing deathruns cause you dont want to do your job as an admin? Jesus christ YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THEM MOVE... THATS WHAT ADMIN IS FOR.
In the future: Consult your oldest vet before making any major changes, I utterly detest the manner in which this was done completely behind my back. Its pathetic.

Okay. Yes. This makes sense. Yep. Mhmm. Because neither Tictac nor I have been an admin on a ZM server before. Nosiree. Okay. Nope. Never been a Veteran Admin on any other ZM server. And Tictac totally wasn't the HA for ZM at one point I believe. Okay. Yep.

Also, can you be constructive please, this isn't really constructive, Sammy. This is more of an insult, than anything.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »

Okay. Yes. This makes sense. Yep. Mhmm. Because neither Tictac nor I have been an admin on a ZM server before. Nosiree. Okay. Nope. Never been a Veteran Admin on any other ZM server. And Tictac totally wasn't the HA for ZM at one point I believe. Okay. Yep.

Also, can you be constructive please, this isn't really constructive, Sammy. This is more of an insult, than anything.

Sorry but no.. just no. As far as I can see it, it's you three and then me on the side. I'm not going to sit here and let 3 admins who left and came back run the ZM server without consulting me... Regardless of whether you were or not a ZM admin before makes no difference. Chris claims he spoke to regs and admins.. but hey I'M AN ADMIN... Again: LONGEST SERVING.

If I had any proper say in this these changes wouldn't have been made, but nope as usual I'm just bypassed...
Its a fact...

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 04:08:58 PM »
#1: No.
#2: I don't care... I just want it back.
#3: I do recall you removing it due to something with the elevator, I didn't re-check when I posted.
#4 Gasdump will be wanted, everyone I told about the removal from public nomination was hugely pissed.

Read the forums.  For the love of god.  I posted these map lists originally over a week ago and asked people to debate them before I made them final.  You didn't post anything about these grievances then.  It's not behind your back, its you not paying attention.

Also stop throwing a temper tantrum.  I'm making many choices based on the fact that ADMINS CANT BE ON 24/7 ALL THE TIME.  Seeing as we have a total of only 4 admins, and most of us are too busy to play more than a few hours each day.
Not to mention we also like to have fun, and noone likes having to hear us yelling at players to move the entire time we are playing.

I've had zero complaints on the lack of Gasdump, so I have no idea who you are talking to.  Tonight there's going to be a vote to switch random for ASDF, since a few people have asked for ASDF back.

Sorry but no.. just no. As far as I can see it, it's you three and then me on the side. I'm not going to sit here and let 3 admins who left and came back run the ZM server without consulting me... Regardless of whether you were or not a ZM admin before makes no difference. Chris claims he spoke to regs and admins.. but hey I'M AN ADMIN... Again: LONGEST SERVING.

If I had any proper say in this these changes wouldn't have been made, but nope as usual I'm just bypassed...

You are an admin yes, who told people you were transferring from ZM to go to ZPS because of the Head Admin debacle, you specifically told me you were leaving to go work with Pillz because you were upset, via steamchat.

You ALSO left and came back just like we did.  You came back AFTER we came back as well, so I fail to see how this a relevant point, as you did the same thing we did.  We revived a dead server that had no admins and noone cared about it.  If it weren't for me, Death, Dante, Tictac, Otter, Bananas, etc, THERE WOULDN'T BE A CG ZM SERVER.  They were threatening to delete it if noone did anything, so you should be glad we saved it so it was here WHEN YOU CAME BACK.

If we are talking longest serving, take a look at my history of being an admin since the founding of CG, I only left due to wholegrain and returned after he was removed.  Also Tictac was HA for a bit either before or after you were here, but he was HA for a time.

Either way, if you've noticed I've made threads for everything I've changed, and my regulars who actually post, and my admins have all pretty much agreed on everything, you are the only one against most things.  How would it be fair to do what YOU want, when everyone else who posts on these threads wants something different?

I frequently tell people to register on the forums and make suggestions, and noone does which tells me players don't care enough
* Christovski shrugs

Any further rageposts/temper tantrums/posts not using the format listed in the OP will be COMPLETELY IGNORED by me.

edit: merged to avoid double-post
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:37:16 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
All valid points aside Sammy, this looks largely like you venting steam. On a format dependent thread, you do not get to shrug it off with a "No" and you most certainly don't get to derail it beyond it's original purpose. If you wish to discuss these issues in the public eye, you are more than welcome to create a thread about it, although I emphatically suggest you solve this privately via Steamchat or PM.

Do not derail the thread any further. This is a ZM Map Addition requests thread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:26:21 PM by SkiesAhoy »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »
Since when was it required for the HA to consult the servers longest serving Vet admin when making changes?

Chris is HA. He has the ultimate authority to do what he sees fit is best for the server. What he has done so far is allow for valid input on nearly all the decisions he has made so far, which is more then what some other HA's do (and that doesn't mean its a bad thing when an HA doesn't allow a vote on something, I'm simply stating that Chris has)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
Consult your oldest vet before making any major changes, I utterly detest the manner in which this was done completely behind my back. Its pathetic.

How about a tall glass of fuck that?
Chris consulted several different admins and several of the most regular players on the server.

Calling him pathetic because he doesn't run to you? Fuck that, that's some extreme entitlement issues.
Guess what? Death and Myself have been playing this game since the very first release.

Death and Myself were both admins when the community was first formed.
Death and myself were both vet/head admin on the first CG ZM server.

Chris is doing his job wonderfully, if I recall correctly, you jumped out of ZM and went to ZPS because you didn't like us.

Chris made changes that he thought would help the server, everyone except yourself has enjoyed these changes.

You don't get to walk in and go "I HAVE THE HIGHEST RANK WHY DON'T I GET FINAL SAY" No, fuck that, Chris was made the Head Admin, not you. The chooses he makes are in the best interest of the entire server and the community, not int he best interest of you.

Edit: Didn't see SkiesAhoy post till just now, I'm going to leave my comment here if anyone feels the need to continue this discussion PM me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:54:57 PM by Tictactoe360 »

Offline Raunky

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

It's just a game dude, calm down.

You just seem upset that you didn't get head admin or something. I mean if you wanna vote on things, there's threads in this forum that you can post in.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
Do not derail the thread any further. This is a ZM Map Addition requests thread.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »

Precisely. Stupid that I should have to split a post because you guys can't be bothered to respect simple norms. If you want to discuss the issue any further, which frankly seems unnecessary, you can do so here. But keep it civil, or it's a lock.

Offline Toku

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »

I frequently tell people to register on the forums and make suggestions, and noone does which tells me players don't care enough
* Christovski shrugs

I registered cuz you told me to stop being lazy and register already
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline Christovski

Re: Split from thread -> ZM map addition requests (derailment!)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
I did!  Because you play all the time and need to have your voice heard dammit

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: Split from thread -> ZM map addition requests (derailment!)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal