Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New MOTD, need input/proofreading/suggestions  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Sammy

Re: New MOTD, need input/proofreading/suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »
Otter's point about certain situations makes the rule a bit impossible to apply. One player could run ahead being fast, but get ambushed and skilfully defeat the zombies and close the airlock before more arrive, I know how slow most players are and this situation happened with me and others A LOT. I don't see why players who move quickly (especially when crocodile is time-based) should have to die for idiots who would rather ammo hoard and wait for others to do all the work.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Christovski

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
I would draw your attention to the bolded section below.  I'm keeping this rule because most of the time this rule does apply, but as I said down there, it is up to our discretion at the time of the offense.  If it is clear that the people who would be killed are to blame for their own deaths, the person in the airlock is not to blame.

Nope, people will rush, crouch under the door, and close the airlock door AS SOON AS THEY CAN and it gets people killed because they were 2 seconds too slow.

We make allowances if it is obvious the players who were killed were dicking around too far away, we just give warning or make sure they know it was only acceptable because the players killed were screwing around and it was their own fault.

The rule stays because people abuse those things, but again, we are lenient in those few situations where they DID have the right to close the airlock on people. 

I've seen people close the first one on croc so fast, that the person who activated the bridge despite running STRAIGHT to the airlock after they activated the bridge got killed by the door closing, since someone got the combo ASAP and someone closed the switch ASAP and the person who activated the bridge had to avoid some zombies.  That's bullshit that they did the objective for the team, and are killed by people rushing.

tl;dr: many rules are dependent on the specifics of the situation, and will be dealt with on a per-case basis.  The rule does not mean every person who ever closes the airlock needs to be punished.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:20:52 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »

Offline Toku

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
so what if you accidentally break a rule, like number 15 for example, and had no intent to actually kill another team member with a barrel. For example, on crocodile there is that one trap with the three rooms and how one of them gets filled with poison gas and after it are like a bunch of explosive barrels. Let's say i "hypothetically" shot those barrels in case a zombie is waiting around the corner, and the explosions happens to tk another player who immediately rushed out of the 3 rooms. would i get slayed for that?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »
Admins need to judge the intent, not everything in this world is black or white, there is gray area. 

You didn't actively place a barrel in a situation where it could kill someone (like if you were to carry one into the elevator in bastard which when killed by ceiling tile will kill other players, or throw one under a closing door) and it sounds like it was a bug of physics, or otherwise very unlikely scenario. 

The barrel explosion did not hurt them (it can't unless the barrel is detonated by the map or a zombie), what happened is it probably threw a barrel into them so hard the physics killed them.  I've been killed by flying barrels before.

You would most likely be warned and you'd have admins watching you after that, and if you did it again it would be clear your intent was to kill and be punished for both.  If it never happened again they might still keep an eye out if anyone else dies by barrel, but it would most likely be seen as an accident at that point.  Try and be more careful but sometimes barrels WILL do that, and we can't very well ban people from shooting barrels to kill zombies.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:35:51 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »
Admins need to judge the intent, not everything in this world is black or white, there is gray area. 
This ^

And people. Please don't troll and push admins buttons. If an admin sayings you are doing something wrong, you are doing something wrong. Don't be a smart ass about it and say "Well technically the rule says ... blah blah". We all know you understand the rule. So stop being a smart ass -_-.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal