Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New MOTD, need input/proofreading/suggestions  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Christovski

New MOTD, need input/proofreading/suggestions
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »
Here is the new MOTD as it currently stands, I tried to make it smaller because people with low resolutions (Death) couldn't read all the rules on the last one

I tried to condense many rules together, and some are more general (like don't be a dick, and respect admins)

Don't cry if it looks shitty, I dont have PS I just threw this together quickly in paint.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Raunky

Re: New MOTD, need input/proofreading/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
14/15 chris plz no

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

Ðeath.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
15/14 plz yes

It shows up perfectly on my 'teeny weenie' monitor.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:26:34 PM »
I got TKed enough I ain't havin no bullshit.  Unless they AFK or fucking around somewhere not where they need to be, its TKing and the hammer comes down

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 02:50:06 AM »
Here is the new MOTD as it currently stands, I tried to make it smaller because people with low resolutions (Death) couldn't read all the rules on the last one

I tried to condense many rules together, and some are more general (like don't be a dick, and respect admins)

Don't cry if it looks shitty, I dont have PS I just threw this together quickly in paint.

Looks good. No spelling errors from what I can see, but I doubt this is a final draft anyways. That would work fine, anyone who doesn't take the 1 extra minute to read it is practically an idiot anyways. Not sure if you wanted to have something touching on the subject of respecting all players, but that is included in the "don't be a dick" rule.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Ðeath.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
can you put #12 in bold please

i swear

it's the one I can't even deal with. I could drag this on, but I'll just say, bolden 12 *if you can*. You can save it 'til your next revision or such, but I'd like emphasis on that rule.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »
I got TKed enough I ain't havin no bullshit.  Unless they AFK or fucking around somewhere not where they need to be, its TKing and the hammer comes down

Sorry Chris, but rule 14 is a bit of a joke. This rule should ONLY be applied on zm_banana_b2. NO OTHER.
Crocodile, players are given far too much time to get into the airlocks, and should be punished accordingly if they lag behind, just like you would punish a player for being slow on a deathrun map.

Sorry but the current rules make the server rather unfun...
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »
Nope, people will rush, crouch under the door, and close the airlock door AS SOON AS THEY CAN and it gets people killed because they were 2 seconds too slow.

We make allowances if it is obvious the players who were killed were dicking around too far away, we just give warning or make sure they know it was only acceptable because the players killed were screwing around and it was their own fault.

The rule stays because people abuse those things, but again, we are lenient in those few situations where they DID have the right to close the airlock on people. 

I've seen people close the first one on croc so fast, that the person who activated the bridge despite running STRAIGHT to the airlock after they activated the bridge got killed by the door closing, since someone got the combo ASAP and someone closed the switch ASAP and the person who activated the bridge had to avoid some zombies.  That's bullshit that they did the objective for the team, and are killed by people rushing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:53:38 AM by Christovski »

Ðeath.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
and the second manual airlock in crocodile. That one's just being a jerk. one person could just fly on by through the doors, and the ZM can close all of them behind him, making all of his team mates trapped behind the glass walls, while he's in the airlock shutting the door. I speak from experience.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 12:45:14 PM »
I always thought that was the charm of the map... whatever. Don't expect me to come play on crocodile anymore then.
Its a fact...

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
I always thought that was the charm of the map... whatever. Don't expect me to come play on crocodile anymore then.
Ok....you told me you quit ZM to play ZPS anyways

Offline Sammy

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »
Ok....you told me you quit ZM to play ZPS anyways

No I quid being a full-time admin due to the whole HA controversy...
I still played ZM, don't get petty.
Its a fact...

Ðeath.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »
back on topic plz

Offline Christovski

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
I'm not being petty, I'm just explaining why I didn't know you still played and that's why you weren't involved when I polled my regulars for how they want things to go.

I haven't seen you on steam much since then since you are usually set to away, so I didn't know.

Anyways, on topic we still haven't heard from Otter, Tic, and Bananas on the new MOTD, I don't want to assume that they agree if they say nothing
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:10:14 PM by Christovski »

Offline otterfiend

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
I still think personally, that if you do something that doesn't affect other players in any way, and it doesn't cause issues, that it is perfectly viable.

1) Barrel rubbing is an issue of team-killing or team-damaging, and should be treated that way 9 times out of 10.

2) Airlocks are tricky, since you can have a perfectly good reason to close them without everyone (tons zombies chasing those who are already in, for example).

3) Prop jumping is something that is also tricky. There are instances where you could skip map objectives, which is problematic. However, just messing around with prop-jumping to kill yourself off as a joke, or jumping up somewhere and coming back with no exploitation of objectives, is a different circumstance.

Overall, I believe every specific situation is different and should be treated accordingly. If a player is clearly team-killing for the sake of doing so, or if a player is trying to exploit objectives, action should be taken immediately. Otherwise, the situation should be examined more closely, and a ruling should be made further down the line.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal