Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ItzMatt Ban Appeal  (Read 4532 times)

Offline TowerSheep

Re: ItzMatt Ban Appeal
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
Oh, I remember this guy. Yeah, he got RDMed and he mentioned that he was just going to get revenge on the guy, ... so he did, and then he left. I don't really remember the details. When I give a reason like that though, it's because you did really bad things. I guarantee it was more than just revenge RDM. I'm pretty sure it was revenge + 3.
This is false. If he rdm and left YOU could not have banned him as a trail.
Also, if he revenge rdm's and defends himself, that is not reason to add more punishment. They are not more rdm, but he is defending himself.
Please, follow the punishment standards and use proper banning reasons.

As far as I see, he should be unbanned do to, honestly, poor administration on Billy's part.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Dante

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 12:31:16 AM »
Oh, I remember this guy. Yeah, he got RDMed and he mentioned that he was just going to get revenge on the guy, ... so he did, and then he left. I don't really remember the details. When I give a reason like that though, it's because you did really bad things. I guarantee it was more than just revenge RDM. I'm pretty sure it was revenge + 3.
This is false. If he rdm and left YOU could not have banned him as a trail.
Also, if he revenge rdm's and defends himself, that is not reason to add more punishment. They are not more rdm, but he is defending himself.
Please, follow the punishment standards and use proper banning reasons.

As far as I see, he should be unbanned do to, honestly, poor administration on Billy's part.
He may have derped. It is possible, I actually remember a similar circumstance. I called billy in game because someone was saying he was going to revenge rdm a mass rdmer, I told him not too and billy joined only for the two to pretty much try gunning down each other and other players, to then get gunned down by other players. It may be the same person but it may just be different people. I remember billy getting them both before they could leave.

Edit: Different guy then.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:05:14 AM by Dante »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 12:31:16 AM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:49:59 AM »
There was poor judgement on my part, and his. He revenge RDMed, as well as murdering 2 others, and I banned him (perhaps too harshly) before he had a chance to speak.

I apologize for the informality, but chances are, I was in a bad mood. Usually, I'll be busy or just not in the mood to play, and I get an invite from someone saying there's an RDMer on the server, so I go in and spectate them for a round or two and then do what needs to be done after. I've only banned 2 or 3 people with the reason "get out" and it was all usually because they blatantly broke rules with the intent of breaking them -- and they usually don't appeal because they never play on the CG server anyway.

So, as he said himself, he DID revenge RDM someone, and in turn ended up killing 2 more after that. Perhaps he didn't leave after, I don't know. I can't say for sure.

TL;DR: I don't remember the full story, I didn't listen to what he had to say prior to banning him, I may have banned him too harshly for what he did; however, it is confirmed he Revenge RDMed one, and RDMed (self defense unconfirmed) 2 others.

As the admin that banned him, I believe the ban should be reduced to a week. Tower is right, that was poor administration on my part. Actually, the ban should just be lifted, period, since its been over a week since the ban.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:55:30 AM by Billy »
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline ItzMatt

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 02:06:03 AM »
Thank you very much, I appreciate the help from the others. Billy I understand that the situation was bad, and I apologize for putting you in that position. Thanks again for the ban being lifted. :) :)

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:47 AM »
Alright if somebody could unban this fellow it would be great.

Matt: Please follow the rules of the server. 'Street justice' is not a valid reason to kill somebody. If people break the rules, feel free to take a screenshot of the damage logs and post a formal ban request. We always check that page out and so long as the evidence is good, you can be certain that they will get proper punishment. Also looking at your history, I suggest being on your best behivor. Seems like you have had quite alot of bans lately on other servers and I can ensure that if you do not follow the rules, you will be punished accordingly.

Billy: Make sure you put in the correct reason for banning somebody. Every admin will not remember every single ban, but putting in the correct reason will jog your memory. I would also suggest taking screenshots of the evidence for future appeals. FRAPS has a screenshot button and the screenshots themselves take up very little space.

Other TTT admins: Please, please, please take screenshots/videos before you ban somebody. Damage logs, chat, etc anything that will be considered as evidence. That way when somebody does make an appeal, all you have to do is bring up said evidence. If you can't get evidence, at least have another admin with you that can verify what happened.

When he gets unbanned, please post on here so this can be locked.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline ItzMatt

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 04:50:02 AM »
Thank you very much, I will follow the rules. I look foward to having great fun on conjoint gaming ttt :)

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 12:12:06 PM »
Okay, he's unbanned. Thread locked.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 12:12:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal