Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wooley no need Hidden no more  (Read 2332 times)

Offline IsYn Wooley

Wooley no need Hidden no more
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »
In-Game Name: IsYn Wooley

Which server(s) are you resigning from?:Hidden Source

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16323979

Reason for resignation: Don't play enough.

Temporary?: NO
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:45:15 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Red

Re: Wooley no need Hidden no more
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
In-Game Name: IsYn Wooley

Which server(s) are you resigning from?:Hidden Source

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16323979

Reason for resignation: The rules for banning people on this game are overcomplicated, excessive and stupid. Our jobs are to enforce the rules and keep the game fun for the masses. Being questioned at every corner for every single action taken is nonsense and impedes the fun of the admins and the people.

I am not putting the new guidelines up for debate since that would require too much effort on my part and I have more important things to do.
TTT has way more rules to follow with a hell of a lot less procedure. Believe it or not ttt also has a lot less trolls than hidden. Since the fact that in ttt ppl have to work together to solve a problem. Hidden is just another generic shooter which in almost all cases people are being punished for team killing, racial slurs, or overall trolling of the server. I tried playing last night and its been awhile. I would much rather step down such a small position to focus on other games with less demanding clerical monotonous laws.

The next line is true and trying to deny it is just you being ignorant: You can play ttt without an admin and you can get lucky that you won't suffer from too much RDM that will cripple the game. On hidden if you have no admin across the same amount of people this being 4 hidden servers of 7-9 players you will most certainly come across mass TKing and trolling of an obsessive nature.
Team Killing in Hidden cripples the game since it is such a small scale game of max 9 players. It hurts the game for the fun of the hidden and it also makes it impossible for IRIS to take out a 3 nade wielding hidden.
TTT on the other hand in a full server can handle even 3 ppl being killed at the start of the round and still go on like nothing happened. Unless of course 3 of them were all T...unlikely.

Best wishes to the Hidden Source admins.

Temporary?: NO

I think it's become, if not too complicated, then too lenient. The rules need to be rethought. I've been thinking of a change in the rules and have been typing it up... Don't resign yet? We've already lost one admin because of this "improved" ban manual, I don't want to lose another...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:50:38 PM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
It is both actually.

In a game where peoples Steam names are not bound to the game it is damn near impossible to keep track of who has done what how many times.

Unless I alt tab out and look at source bans...but then fuck my game will crash since it is a beta PoS.

I am just leaving it as not worth my time and just take me off the damn admin list please.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:12:27 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
We have SBCheckers, relays a message when someone joins with ptevious bans.

Godd luck on TTT.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
We have SBCheckers, relays a message when someone joins with ptevious bans.

Godd luck on TTT.

I join the server and two ppl already have -1 -1

Just like last night...would there have been a command I can issue to make SBSchecker display status on all players currently in the server?

Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
Only able to target individuals. It also gives a message when you join if there is someone with previous bans.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 07:53:23 PM »
We have SBCheckers, relays a message when someone joins with previous bans.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »

Yes nitpicking inbound, read at your own risk.
Spoiler for Bashing Cash for silly things I think he does:
What's with you and quoting everything Pyro says and not actually saying anything else? There's just no point, you're not actually agreeing with anything, and there's nothing you add to it, it's like you're just a sycophant, Cash. It's just silly.
#rant.

Anyway, won't say more on that, but otherwise, Wooley, good luck wherever you'll be, and poke :x
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Red

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »
This is true but it doesn't show the people who were already in the server previously... You'd have to run each and every players name through the ban checker which IMO is a waste of time and effort for the admin that could be better spent talking to the players and finding out what the issue is... Does anyone know if the sbchecker could have an @all command thingy added to it? It would save time for the admins if we had to know immediately upon entering the server to know who has a record on the source bans, I know you said it gives a message so maybe I'm just blind, I've never noticed it upon arrival. If there was a command that would do all the players at once it would be must easier to check and re-check names for confirmation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:24:52 PM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Link236

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Wait, Wooley, if you're a vet, aren't you admin on every server anyway?
Welcome to the Hotel ConjointGaming...
you can check out anytime you like- but you can never leaveeeee
*guitar solo time*
I'll show you the world, Link. Just take my hand and come with meeee~
Quote from: Gustav
(TEAM) Guztav: I totally want to slap his ass right now
Quote from: All of Haiti
*DEAD* (TEAM) All of Haiti: NEXT MAP. IN AN ALLEY. BRING THE DILDOS.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
Wait, Wooley, if you're a vet, aren't you admin on every server anyway?

As vet, you CAN be admin on any server, but you still have to apply, put in time away, etc.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal