Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (=CG=) Z@CH'$ D0M@1N's ban appeal  (Read 6661 times)

(=CG=) Z@CH'$ D0M@1N's ban appeal
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »
Who were you banned by: No Clue

Why were you banned: Below 700 karma

What server where you banned from: ttt, hidden, etc: TTT

What date and/or time around were you banned: 6/21/2013

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:27398659

Your in game name:(=CG=) Z@CH'$ D0M@1N

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015063047/

Additional comments: I blame Kegdas. Simon Says is fun til you get fucked. Just ask Kegdas.

Offline Kegdas

Re: (=CG=) Z@CH'$ D0M@1N's ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
My fault dawgs. There was only like 8 people and I wanted to have some fun so I organized a political-affiliation-withstanding game of Simon Says in the Traitor room. Needless to say, Zach was the best player in Simon Says. I say unban him or if not exchange the rest of his ban to me. He didn't really do anything wrong, no RDMing or anything, as we all agreed to it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:34:08 PM by Kegdas »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
I guess it's up to Cortez or the person who banned you.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
Aren't you permabanned?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline ??Mystery??

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
Billy messaged me yesterday and said that you had a karma of somewhere in the 500's, so he gave me the ID and I hopped on to ban you. I'm sure he has details.

Offline Billy

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:50:27 PM »
When I joined the server yesterday, I just so happen to come in to Zach saying, "Thank god there aren't any admins online." At first I didn't know why he said that, but then I saw multiple people in chat saying things along the lines of, "haha your karma is so fucked" etc. I pressed tab and saw that he had about 690 karma. At first, I didn't think this was too bad, but the round hadn't ended yet. Before the round ended, he said, "I wonder if rejoining will reset my karma" so that's exactly what he did. He left, and came back before the round ended. His karma obviously didn't reset, and when he came back and the round ended, his karma was 595. Upon noticing this, Zach said "Well I guess I'll see you guys later" and logged off. I had him banned within five minutes of him leaving.

To me, just logging in, all I saw is a man with really low karma and trying to avoid the consequences. I didn't know they were playing games, with who or why. I don't really know what they were doing, and I'm not sure if everyone on the server at the time actually consented to it. What I DO know, though, is Zach was the only person on the server at the time with karma below 700. A few people were in low 800s to 900s, but that was it. That's all I can say.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
Z@CH's karma was low because he was playing around with other innocents. He's been a regular on the server for maybe 2+ years too. The karma isn't from RDM but winning too many mutual challenges. I still suggest he tone it down, 2-3 prop fight challenges in 1 round is not something you should take on.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »
I was on the server at the time this happened, and I remember them all playing Simon says and they all agreed to it. Not sure how his karma got so low though as I didn't take part in simon says because I didn't feel like dying. I suck at simon says.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
Please note that Zac has multiple bans via source. I think it might be time for a much longer vacation.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
Please note that Zac has multiple bans via source. I think it might be time for a much longer vacation.

He's been a great regular. I don't think I can ever think of a time when I personally have punished him or seen him get punished. Perhaps you're right, but perhaps you are wrong as well. I say we leave it to Cortez to judge whether or not losing karma in crowbar fights is bannable. If it's consensual, then it's not rdm. Therefore, it's lost karma should not count as breaking rules either. My 2 cents.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »
Just my thoughts are, if everyone agreed to it, then thats fine. BUT once you say "good thing no admins are on" and leave, thats Crossing the line. It is up to Cortez at this point, but i think even though he has been a reg, he should know better.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
Just my thoughts are, if everyone agreed to it, then thats fine. BUT once you say "good thing no admins are on" and leave, thats Crossing the line. It is up to Cortez at this point, but i think even though he has been a reg, he should know better.
How is that crossing the line? Maybe he didn't want admins on because he was worried about being banned and rightfully so.

I don't really see any issue with him being unbanned if he wasn't bothering anyone.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »
How is that crossing the line? Maybe he didn't want admins on because he was worried about being banned and rightfully so.

I don't really see any issue with him being unbanned if he wasn't bothering anyone.

Well if an admin had gotten on before he left, he could have explained in game to the admin, with people to back him up. I mean, not much difference now, since it happened here. I honestly think the ban should be shortened or lifted since he did have a reason that was valid.. kinda since it was agreed upon.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Kegdas

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 11:32:52 PM »

Well if an admin had gotten on before he left, he could have explained in game to the admin, with people to back him up. I mean, not much difference now, since it happened here. I honestly think the ban should be shortened or lifted since he did have a reason that was valid.. kinda since it was agreed upon.
I'd just like to interject, the reason why he did say that was indeed because he thought that an admin would have the wrong idea by seeing his karma, thinking he was mass RDMing, and banning him, not because he wanted to hide any guilty actions. Zach would know above all others the dos and don'ts of the server. And you can ask anyone who was on, they can back us up on this, we were just messing around. Really, I'd rather take the ban than Zach as it was my idea at the start anyways. My display name is Kegdas. My Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:19684620.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »
Admitting that he was glad that there were no admins on was probably out of paranoia, too. There exist admins who spontaneously punish, just because it's doable under the punishment standards, especially with this Below 700 Karma rule, which is a no-questions-asked type of punishable act on our server, or at least it used to be (or it is with just some of our admins.)
The fact that admins' names are no longer highlighted in the scoreboard doesn't help either.

I say we unban Zach. I like to think of our server as a loose place for everyone to chill and have fun, but where its asshole tightens really hard if and only if one person annoys or disrupts the TTT experience of others. We have rules, but hopefully we admins are also understanding human beings with huge penises and big lactating breasts.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:06:44 AM by JohnCyKlopZ »
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]