Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sc2 Races  (Read 1594 times)

Offline arth987

Sc2 Races
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
I don't care if this thread was already made.. But if you play/played sc2 what was your favorite race or tactics? - Protoss race of champions gonna get better in Hots too they will rape the skies.. If void rays were not op enough. I also love cannon rushing gets people so mad!

Offline NeutronStar

Re: Sc2 Races
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
I played terran at a high master level at some point (if you know who trimaster is I have a picture playing next to him). I was a meching terran, except vs toss.
In any case I later learned that mech is terribly underpowered, but still absolutely love siege tanks.
When I was at my best I had an 80% win rate vs zerg and about a 50% TvT and 20% TvP.
Protoss is dumb, late game is just too powerful and I've been saying this since before they actually started raping everyone at tournaments (Alicia had a 96% win rate vs terran >.>)
Will not play HotS unless they give me a beta key.
Love. Science. Car racing. Video games.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:46:40 PM »

I play terran, but zerg is best.

DWI.

Offline arth987

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
I played terran at a high master level at some point (if you know who trimaster is I have a picture playing next to him). I was a meching terran, except vs toss.
In any case I later learned that mech is terribly underpowered, but still absolutely love siege tanks.
When I was at my best I had an 80% win rate vs zerg and about a 50% TvT and 20% TvP.
Protoss is dumb, late game is just too powerful and I've been saying this since before they actually started raping everyone at tournaments (Alicia had a 96% win rate vs terran >.>)
I love siege tanks as well - amazing against mass lings or any mass besides air. And thankfully in HoTs prot is getting a unit that copies specific units and for me hat means siege tanks!

Offline Muffins

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »
Zerg da best, gotta love dem mutas  Meme6

Offline Dante

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »
Protoss is best: Because the guy who made over 9000 meme agrees with me.
Also <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM</a>

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:16:32 AM »
Protoss is best: Because the guy who made over 9000 meme agrees with me.
Also <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM</a>

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
protoss, nuff said

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 01:53:03 PM »
Well, this is relevant: Blizzard was recently hacked.  Please change your  account password.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »

Mech? Terribly underpowered? What have you been smoking lately, dirty socks or somethin', boyo?

Mech is extremely reliable in tvz or even mid-lategame tvt, SPECIALLY if you transition into a late game Battlecruiser build. Just overall pretty good.
I agree protoss is the strongest at late game, but also the hardest to micro with, since (for instance, in a pvt) you gotta constantly scout for drops, spread your units so you don't have to get EMP'd and a-moved, forcefield early marauder pressure... Or even, against zerg, where your sentries are CRUCIAL and you gotta be so careful not to lose them, and in a big battle you have to usually micro ALL of your units (i.e. in your usual deathball where you have a lot of sentry/stalker, a few immortals and a two or three colossi, you have to micro your stalker with blink, you have to FF with your sentries, you have to tell your immortals to focus fire the infestors/roaches/etc, and you have to micro your colossi properly so they don't get neural'd or raped by corruptors). And also arguably it's the hardest to macro, specially at levels such as high masters, simply because you have to constantly replace your units and you can't queue up like zerg/terran, i.e. if you miss ONE gateway cycle in a timed attack that gets you soooo behind.

I still think zerg is the strongest due to simply being the easiest race to play. Most options to scout (overlords, cracklings, creep, etc), easist micro of all races (hurp derp I mass roaches and a-move, we masters now), arguably the easiest macro (seriously, larva injecting and creep spreading isn't that hard, guys) and overall the most cost-effective units in the game.
Cookies go here?

Ðeath.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »
Honestly, I've only played the campaign, and a few multiplayer matches, but, My best class is as Protoss it seems (I do like the Dark Templars) and my favorite class is probably the Zerg. Or Protoss.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal