Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do you feel about marriage?  (Read 6607 times)

Offline arth987

How do you feel about marriage?
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
So i don't know if I'm repeating a thread and I apologize if I am but anyway what is your opinion on marriage THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAY MARIAGE I simply am talking about if you think it's a broken system or if you like it and you plan on getting married one day? Also let me rephrase this is not debating about gay marriage but if you are gay and you want to get married feel free to share. DISCUSS!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:45:44 PM by arth987 »

Offline Hair Slut

Re: How do you feel about marriage?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
dont tie that knot or you better tie that rope tight

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Should not be considered religious in any way whatsoever.

I don't care where it originated, once the government has "adopted" it as the "official" way of two people joining together, (INB4 SEX), it should lose all religious backing.

You don't necessarily HAVE to be married at a church, I just think it seems nice if you can't pay for somewhere else. I would prefer not being married at a church myself.

Things like marriage are held too high in public opinion.

Here is my disorganized jumble of words from my mind :P

Offline Boxman

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »
Marriage is overrated. You tie yourself down along with your debts with someone else who is getting tied down who probably has debt up to their neck as well.. Wait until you're 40-ish..

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline arth987

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »
Idk I feel as if marriage is not broken and I would prefer a church wedding. A lot of people get married way to early but if I do find someone that I'm willing to settle down with ( cause I get so much of Dat ass ) then nothing will matter and of course I'll be a billionaire that sucessfully conjoined the DNA of a Pony and a bird and then a human and make a Pegasus.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »
Arths posts always start off serious and end up making me laugh; but no I don't like marriage. It scares me for some reason, I feel like you could exist happily the same exact goddamn way with your spouse as your girlfriend your whole life.

We've made it some giant thing that we need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on, the ring, the wedding, and everything. It almost makes people think you don't love someone enough if you won't marry them; and I don't know. I feel like it's a dying tradition that will continue to exist, just not as many people will take it seriously; as we've seen of the late century.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »
it has nice tax benefits
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
conjoined the DNA of a Pony and a bird and then a human and make a Pegasus.
I did not realize pegasus were also part human.  That is creepy.

I don't see the point, if you want to be with someone you shouldn't need paperwork rings and money to do that.  Just live with them.  I also don't like the religious backing.  They're alright, but they don't need to be public and you don't need to spend a shitload of money on them.

I will probably get married, but I don't plan on having a big wedding if I do.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
If I was to marry Tendovvi, people would claim that it was a false marriage and put me in jail.

Fuck the system.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »
Plan on getting married one day, with my current GF. It is certainly not something to rush into, unless your 100% sure that you will be with the person forever. I have been to 4 weddings of people that are either a year older then me or a year or two younger then me, and I'd say that out of those weddings, only 2 will last. I think its absolutely nuts when people have been together for less then a year and get married, when they haven't even lived with each other at all. I just feel that this is the main reason why the divorce rate is sky high, people rush into it when they are not ready, and to be honest you need to live with your future spouse for at least a year to understand that you can get along with them when your come home to them.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline arth987

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:43 AM »
Plan on getting married one day, with my current GF. It is certainly not something to rush into, unless your 100% sure that you will be with the person forever. I have been to 4 weddings of people that are either a year older then me or a year or two younger then me, and I'd say that out of those weddings, only 2 will last. I think its absolutely nuts when people have been together for less then a year and get married, when they haven't even lived with each other at all. I just feel that this is the main reason why the divorce rate is sky high, people rush into it when they are not ready, and to be honest you need to live with your future spouse for at least a year to understand that you can get along with them when your come home to them.
bla bla bla that woman will never share the spiritual connection I share with you # <3 marry me? Bro fo life?

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
Hey, Marrige could be ALOT worse. In various cultures it is socially acceptable to have an upwards of 4 wives. Divorce is very scarce if not totally void in some Muslim religions. And men can disclipline their wives for really no reason and women cant fight back.

Fun Fact: Buttsex is forbidden in Muslim cultures.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 01:32:18 AM »
Marriage is something that is a choice every human being makes on their own.

My view however is that marriage seems rather I dunno optimistic. Most marriages end up dying slowly trough the years, so if you wish to actually get married be sure that the person you are marrying is really a person you think you could stand to live with all the way until you die. Marriage is looked at completely wrongly now adays it is looked upon as a necesary step in a relationship that lasts for a while, however it is not marriage is suposed to be a one time thing and somethings you can't know if will last until you've spent a very long time with a person.

Dunno if that made sense because my brain is sligthly jumbled at this hour. Basically I would have to be very head over heels in love with a person for a very long time before I would even start considering it.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »
People want to marry each other as a sign of trust.

Sometimes the one of the two, (slightly) forces him/her to go in this action.
Possibly causing a divorce sooner.

Consider marrying someone at the age of 30, my parents did that.
Don't ever force yourself or you pardner in marrying.

It's bound to go wrong.

Marry someone you are living together with for 5-10 years. To really know for sure that you'll be forever together.

Fuck this shit, this is gay as hell.
I feel like a woman now.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
I don't think this is really a debate. Your asking what we think about it.

But anyways,

I plan to get married anyways. No particular reason behind it other then I just do? Obviously I'm not going to date a girl for 3 Months and purpose. If i meet a girl I love and I'm sure about it and have dated her for a VERY long time and I think it's right, then that would be the time. I also want to have kids, and it's KIND OF easier to have kids when your married with tax's etc. There are some legal benefits.

Also no Offence but coreys point is sort of stupid. So your saying if the government decides to adopt Jesus as their artificial President it's not religions ( poor I example I know) The government adopting something doesn't make it nonreligious tbh. A Civil Union would be the non religious version or term to me.

And I don't consider it begin tied down. And I'm not marrying anyone with massive debt unless they sign something that would exempt me before hand. I won't have any debt as my University is being paid for by my parents :P

And Arth is correct. People get married way to early, which of course is what leads to the insane divorce rates. People are naive and stupid and think, "Oh well I'm never going to dislike her even tho I've only known her for 2 Months". And I to plan to be rich... at which time I will foil your plans and take MLP off air for EVER!

And Pillz I understand what you mean. But to me that shows you don't trust her. If shes someone your REALLY love and REALLY Trust why do you need to not marry her? I mean it's your personal decision but if your really trust her that shouldn't be the issue, why would you marry or have a gf you don't trust?

And yes their is tax befits and it's a social representation that you trust your partner. Nor do you need to spend 1000's of dollars even tho that too is also the social norm. Their isn't anything wrong with marriage it's whats wrong with people.

And I 100% Agree with OldCrow. People rush in FAR FAR to quick. Why would you marry someone you know lest then some of your acquaintances? Defiantly wait. Less then a year is yes to fast HOWEVER, it's SORT OF good to get married early if you plan on kids, and by early I mean in your 20's. If you meet the girl you love at 20 and marred at 25 the benefit to that is that your not 900 years old when your kid goes to collage.

The other problem with marriage is when people are married and they know the relationship is falling apart sometimes 1 partner refuses marriage consoling or they both just ignore that it's an option which pisses me off. You should always try to work things out. People rush in to marriage almost as fast as they rush into divorce.

And never marry someone you don't love or don't except to live the rest of your life with.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal