Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: skyrim tips and stuffz  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Mr_Rainbow

skyrim tips and stuffz
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
Hello.

I've just recently started playing skyrim again and was wondering what are some good tips for a warrior/mage/thief ect. As well as your opinions on Other things such as who should you have as your follower if your a certain class, or what armor or spells you should use. This topic is also open for any other types of Skyrim related stuffz.

Now that I'm done with that, I'm currently doing a play through as a imperial mage and I'm wonder what are the majors kills to level up in? I use conjuration, destruction, and restoration the most. But besides those, are there any other skills I should learn?

Thanks!
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Ðeath.

Re: skyrim tips and stuffz
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:44 AM »
a playthrough with *just* illusion is possible, so I'd say it doesn't matter much. ;p

but for other skills I recommend levelling up sneak/blacksmithing. Sneak so when everything else fails you, you can get your butt out of there, and blacksmithing so you can get a high quality armor.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:44 AM »

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »
Sounds nice! Thanks for dat tipz you turkey lettuce.

Offline HailToTheKing

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 04:15:04 AM »
Haven't played skyrim in a bit, but i do remember some stuff about mages. I prefer to always have a really high healing ability because you don't really get much money as mages to get potions and such. Also i recommend trying to get good at alchemy. Comes in handy when you need something. I usually just try to murder everything in the game to be honest :p. If you're trying to be like a complete rape mage just max out Destruction and Conjuration.
HailToTheKing: maybe when i get it cut ill send you the hair in a bag :3
Ze Leetgrain (=CG=) (N☆G): YES
Ze Leetgrain (=CG=) (N☆G): I mean
Ze Leetgrain (=CG=) (N☆G): err
Ze Leetgrain (=CG=) (N☆G): Yes?

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »
I rarely use healing as I'm kinda a rape mage lel.

Offline Dante

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 03:23:40 AM »
Warrior:
Use one handed and a good shield for better survivability. If your a close combat War get Smithing, if you want to do close to long range take Conjuration or Smithing again. Both trees let you get Daedra armor, conj allows for Summon able weapons and pets. Use Jzargo as your follower. Highest lvl Follower and can cast mean spells.

Mage:
Nuker: Destruction(No runes) Restoration and Alchemy are almost entirely required.
Live long and Kill longer: Destruction(Level runes 1-2 lvls), Enchanting, Summoning, Restoration. Stay away from everything! Let your pets and followers take the most damage, keep your first follower as a meat shield.

Theif: Archery and Sneak are OP together.

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:53:02 AM »
Shrouded Gloves + Assassins Blade = 30x Sneak Damage

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 11:15:23 AM »
Shrouded Gloves + Assassins Blade = 30x Sneak Damage

30x? Wat.

I'm nearly done with Skyrim, I've been waiting so long for it to end so I can finally uninstall it XD Anyway I've just been an archer all my life, haven't leveled up blacksmithing or anything, always owned everyone with my arrows, SO GO FOR A THIEF. Sneak bow shots are indeed OP.
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
Yep. Assassins Blade gives 15x Sneak Damage while the Shrouded Gloves doubles all backstab damage.

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 06:24:41 PM »
Found that being a mage gets very boring for the first few levels. I'm now playing as a wood elf archer. Majoring in sneak archery and 1H.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
Yep. Assassins Blade gives 15x Sneak Damage while the Shrouded Gloves doubles all backstab damage.
15x damage is only with daggers, though, so have to keep that in mind.

I play a dual wielding thief, and with maxed enchanting/blacksmithing, you can pretty easily make equips that absolutely decimate everything. There's also a pretty huge exploit you can do involving fortify restoration that lets you buff certain enchants to a few thousand percent, and let's you make what are essentially god weapons. As for alchemy, I honestly think it's mostly just a fluff skill at this point. They throw so many potions and poisons at you that I honestly have a harder time finding a place to sell them all than to use them.

That said, if you plan on going stealth melee, I recommend picking up the 15x damage. I honestly tried to play without it for a long time, but I got to the last major mission for the Thieves guild and was just getting absolutely wrecked because my sneak attacks were pretty much just tickling the enemies a bit.

As for archery, I honestly think that they've nearly ruined it in Skyrim vs. Oblivion. Arrows automatically adjust to hit the target you're pointing at now, so it's much easier to hit stationary targets, but since the arc isn't relative to gravity, it's a huge pain hitting moving targets now.

But if you ever want to play a mage again, you can disenchant some 25% reduction for a school of magic clothing, and enchant your own clothing with 25% reduction on two different schools on one piece of clothing. Throw 4 different pieces on and you can cast any spell for from those schools for free, essentially.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
Best Combo: Shield + Vegetable Soup

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1uvDxzFA0M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1uvDxzFA0M</a>

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
Oh wow that vegetable soup buff is deadly. Admittedly I never did much in the way of cooking.

My first playthrough I did an Argonian Shadowscale who did nothing with alchemy, magic of any kind, or shields. All pure dual wielding daggers. I killed just about everyone using Invisibility and just backstab, backstab, backstab. If I encountered a Blood Dragon, I was screwed since they could see me regardless. I remember I 2-shot a sleeping dragon with sneak damage. The dragon got up, flew into the sky, and about 20 seconds later plummeted into the ground. There was also something amusing about stealing peoples clothes right off their backs.

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
tips/ hints.. if your playing on pc become familiar with the console for the civil war quest.. its so glitchy. also helps if you get the unofficial skyrim patch on the work shop should fix some of the glitches the game has.

if your playing skyrim on console you should be ashamed of yourself .. jk.. no really

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »
tips/ hints.. if your playing on pc become familiar with the console for the civil war quest.. its so glitchy. also helps if you get the unofficial skyrim patch on the work shop should fix some of the glitches the game has.

if your playing skyrim on console you should be ashamed of yourself .. jk.. no really

I play on consol.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal