Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bring back the old Vintar BC  (Read 13263 times)

Offline Tendovvi

Re: Bring back the old Vintar BC
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
Not surprised who started this >.>

guys QQ more. It was completely unbalanced and could be used basically like a deagle. That's not the purpose of a SNIPER RIFLE! Its actually balanced now, so don't change it at all for the love of god.

If it was why was it the way it was for 2+ years? It's still used like a deagle tho..

If Garry stopped breaking the game there would be more options, but it shouldn't excuse making a weapon OP. I could see a damage increase and accuracy increase but not a firing rate or no scope accuracy change.

and Frenchy isn't OP?

I would rather have the scout as a traitor weapon and vintar's around the map...

This. And the shit costs 1 credit..
Compared to the Vintar, Ak47, Deagle, and base shotgun, its probably the most balanced thing. Its a shotgun that is slightly faster than normal shotgun but with a lower Damage count.

And no one should by relying on no scopes with a sniper, it defeats the purpose . Snipers are designed for long range combat, so you can stay away from the mess.

I'm sitll using Scout no-scope, will til the end.  Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range, you rape absolutely everyone in 2 shots and it fires way too fast.

Already requested a nerf, but it hasn't seen the daylight yet. Why not? It's much more OP than the Vintar ever was.

Administrator Comment See me in Vent. Cadaver
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:56:21 PM by Cadaver »
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »
Oh, and FYI: Asking all your friends to come on to "+1" the thread?  Not wise.  Makes it less likely to happen. Just saying...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:55:39 PM by Cadaver »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 10:42:05 PM »

guys QQ more. It was completely unbalanced and could be used basically like a deagle. That's not the purpose of a SNIPER RIFLE! Its actually balanced now, so don't change it at all for the love of god.

If it was why was it the way it was for 2+ years? It's still used like a deagle tho..

If Garry stopped breaking the game there would be more options, but it shouldn't excuse making a weapon OP. I could see a damage increase and accuracy increase but not a firing rate or no scope accuracy change.

and Frenchy isn't OP?

First, it was OP to being with, but traitors like it so much that they did not care. Problem is half the game is being traitor. How is it fun to get snielged in the face round after round as an inno? Its not. Sure its part of the game but if you don't get traitor rounds it can be boring sometimes. Mix in the fact that playing on rooftops is already hard enough with the current vintorez, going back to the OP version would make it even harder. I can remember crummy cradle with the original vintorez, it was never fun because you couldn't step outside without dying from one. Whats the point of playing as an inno then?

Second it is not used like a deagle anymore en masse. When it could fire two rounds within in second this worked well, but since its almost like a scout, its balanced enough that there is time for others to get their shots in. Sure some people will unscope headshot, you can do that with any weapon, but the day of one traitor with a vintorez out basically deagling everybody is mostly dead, thanks to this balance. That is valid, because a sniper rifle should not be used like a pistol, deagle etc. Its in the same vein that a shotgun shouldn't be able to headshot from a certain distance.

Third, a Detective cannot go around killing everybody, and is at a severe disadvantage as 1) he is usually the first target. 2) Says detective in bright neon blue whenever you see him. 3)They are outnumbered by at least a factor of two, and that doesn't include any chances of RDM. It makes sense to give him something to combat this disadvantage. Even more so, he has to get close to his target to use a Frenchy, while all a T with the original Vintorez had to do was sit back and hit him three or four times, which remember you could fire two shots in a second.

Edit
Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range

That could be because....its a shotgun! It doesn't do crap worth of damage past ten yards, yet a deagle silent sniper is not op? The old Vintorez was the perfect weapon for short, medium and long range, even with no scope, yet anything thats great at only long range or only short range is op? Really?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:45:41 PM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm still using Scout no-scope, will til the end. The Vintar nerf only came because Nexus owned Tower this one time and he got butthurt, such bullshit. Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range, you rape absolutely everyone in 2 shots and it fires way too fast.
You do realize that is what a Auto-Shotty is suppose to Kill anything in close range, right? Tendovvi, you can no scope with scout, but your not suppose to, thats why Recoil is so high. It should be HIGHER, but with more damage, you should be back, hiding, waiting for the shot. Then when you get your kill run to some other corner. Instead everyone uses it like a primary, they still do!

And 2 shots? No. Try 3-4 close range.

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »

and Frenchy isn't OP?

First, it was OP to being with, but traitors like it so much that they did not care. Problem is half the game is being traitor. How is it fun to get snielged in the face round after round as an inno? Its not. Sure its part of the game but if you don't get traitor rounds it can be boring sometimes. Mix in the fact that playing on rooftops is already hard enough with the current vintorez, going back to the OP version would make it even harder. I can remember crummy cradle with the original vintorez, it was never fun because you couldn't step outside without dying from one. Whats the point of playing as an inno then?

Second it is not used like a deagle anymore en masse. When it could fire two rounds within in second this worked well, but since its almost like a scout, its balanced enough that there is time for others to get their shots in. Sure some people will unscope headshot, you can do that with any weapon, but the day of one traitor with a vintorez out basically deagling everybody is mostly dead, thanks to this balance. That is valid, because a sniper rifle should not be used like a pistol, deagle etc. Its in the same vein that a shotgun shouldn't be able to headshot from a certain distance.

Third, a Detective cannot go around killing everybody, and is at a severe disadvantage as 1) he is usually the first target. 2) Says detective in bright neon blue whenever you see him. 3)They are outnumbered by at least a factor of two, and that doesn't include any chances of RDM. It makes sense to give him something to combat this disadvantage. Even more so, he has to get close to his target to use a Frenchy, while all a T with the original Vintorez had to do was sit back and hit him three or four times, which remember you could fire two shots in a second.

Edit
Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range

That could be because....its a shotgun! It doesn't do crap worth of damage past ten yards, yet a deagle silent sniper is not op? The old Vintorez was the perfect weapon for short, medium and long range, even with no scope, yet anything thats great at only long range or only short range is op? Really?

Does it really matter if you get killed close range with a Deagle or with a Vintar? Nope. You still die. I never had a problem with getting shot in the face with a Vintar, it was actually pretty damn rare. Basically my point is that the Vintar is definitely not worth that 1 credit when the Scout has more ammo, higher accuracy and less recoil. Again all of this Vintar shit cause Tower got butthurt once.

Please change it back. No one EVER complained and I've played for 2.5 years. Come on..
TGOD

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 10:50:06 PM »

I'm sitll using Scout no-scope, will til the end. The Vintar nerf only came because Nexus owned Tower this one time and he got butthurt, such bullshit. Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range, you rape absolutely everyone in 2 shots and it fires way too fast.

I will not make this change. Let cortez do it. If you're going to insult the guy who you're asking for help expect not to get any.

Nexus is good with any gun, I didn't nerf all the guns. I find that statement to not only be offensive but quite a lack luster attempt to get what you want.

It was nerfed because every traitor was using it. It could out shoot most guns because of a higher dps than any of the current guns. It could first faster than a pistol with insta-kill head shots from a long range. If you think that is balanced you need to get a reality check.

The other guns you mentioned no one complained about. I got a lot of complaints daily that the vintar was OP and looking at the stats / usage they were right.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
Then don't use the Vintorez Tendovvi. Is it not that simple? It is worth it, and I still see many use it and succeed with it.

Also didn't Cadaver just warn you about the personal attacks? This is disappointing coming from a veteran admin that should know better.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »

I'm sitll using Scout no-scope, will til the end. The Vintar nerf only came because Nexus owned Tower this one time and he got butthurt, such bullshit. Also hell yeah Frenchy is OP, much more OP than Vintar or Scout or Deagle short range, you rape absolutely everyone in 2 shots and it fires way too fast.

I will not make this change. Let cortez do it. If you're going to insult the guy who you're asking for help expect not to get any.

Nexus is good with any gun, I didn't nerf all the guns. I find that statement to not only be offensive but quite a lack luster attempt to get what you want.

It was nerfed because every traitor was using it. It could out shoot most guns because of a higher dps than any of the current guns. It could first faster than a pistol with insta-kill head shots from a long range. If you think that is balanced you need to get a reality check.

The other guns you mentioned no one complained about. I got a lot of complaints daily that the vintar was OP and looking at the stats / usage they were right.

It did NOT fire faster than the pistol, maybe as fast. Every traitor was using it, why? Because there's hardly any custom weapons available for traitors. They still use it, not as much though because right now it's a piece of shit. I ain't insulting anyone, I'm just saying as I heard it from Nexus, you got butthurt when he owned you and you decided to nerf it.
TGOD

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
Ok, I am now getting complaints.  Here is how this discussion will continue, or end, depending on the lack of maturity of those posting:

DO NOT personal attack others.  Got it?  Or do I have to put vacations out, including TTT server ones?  Cause I am right there, about to deal them out.

I am editing a person's post, who has been warned and knows better.  He needs to see me in Ventrilo, if he does not want a TTT vacation.  If he does not see me in Vent in 24 hours, he has a 2 week TTT ban inbound. 

Cadaver does not bluff...

Offline Muffins

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:52 PM »
Ok, I am now getting complaints.  Here is how this discussion will continue, or end, depending on the lack of maturity of those posting:

DO NOT personal attack others.  Got it?  Or do I have to put vacations out, including TTT server ones?  Cause I am right there, about to deal them out.

I am editing a person's post, who has been warned and knows better.  He needs to see me in Ventrilo, if he does not want a TTT vacation.  If he does not see me in Vent in 24 hours, he has a 2 week TTT ban inbound. 

Does anyone else feel shit just got real after this? I mean more than it already was.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »

Does anyone else feel shit just got real after this? I mean more than it already was.
Everything feels more real when there's a dead man in the picture.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
Because personally attacking members over a video games is success.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »
Yes, it is a game, and ticking off the ones who would have to change the coding, simply brilliant.

Offline Blush

« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
+1, it's fun to snipe with and I don't mind if I die by it's hands.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
Well then, I warned already that I would close this thread and now it's happening. I understand that there is a desire to change it but you've lost all credability. All I wanted was the honest opinion of the playerbase, no discussion, no hate, no anger, but apparently we just can't handle that. I don't want this to spiral any further out of control and I don't want anyone punished because they aren't thinking everything through. This is the last thread about the vintar, thread locked.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal