Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apparently EA is up for 'Worst company in America'  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Old Crow

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cadaver

Re: Apparently EA is up for 'Worst company in America'
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 03:42:23 AM »
Shock.  Surprise.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 03:42:23 AM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:02 AM »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline oobla37

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »
Obviously fake but so true http://www.dorkly.com/article/51363/eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america

It doesn't matter how terrible they are compared to any other company. Fact is, they suck. This article uses the argument that because other companies in completely different fields are worse then them, means that EA is doing a fine job. EA is a game publisher. If you publish bad games as a game publisher, we have a problem. The games aren't the problem, it's the publisher, friendo. Bad games published=bad at publishing games. Sure, Exxon sucks at transporting crude oil across the now tar-sands of Arkansas, but they don't publish games. EA needs to shape up, hands down. Not saying they're the worst (cough warZ cough) but they ARE terrible.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
But Oobla, EA doesn't effect peoples lives like other companies do. Either you buy EA's games and get pissed, or you don't.

Big Oil basically just gets approved by strong arming their way through whatever town they want, and if something happens which includes poising water for decades, they only get a few fines here and there and clean it up. They couldn't give two craps if it happens again (which it will).

Look at the coal mining companies. They started doing mountain top removal instead of actual mining. What happens when they do this? Well they pull the coal out of the rock from the hill they just dynamited, through all the rock into the valley next to the former hill, then plant these Chinese trees that grow real fast for a year or two, then die. all that rock meanwhile, gets washed to the water table, which remember is covered in coal dust, and makes the water undrinkable for thousands of people.

EA is the worst video game company, but worst company in America hardly. Its not hard to stop EA, just don't buy their games! The last EA game I bought was Bad Company 2.

In short, here is a picture
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:57:50 PM by Old Crow »

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 08:45:16 AM »
But Oobla, EA doesn't effect peoples lives like other companies do. Either you buy EA's games and get pissed, or you don't.
Really? Because BP actually literately doesn't effect my life in a way that I care.

I see your point and I know what you mean. But for someone in the industry of gaming, it only makes sence that this would be a prime issue of mine and other gamers. Just because other issues exist all over the world doesn't make this issue any less of an issue. Sure the fact millions starve is a bigger issue, but that doesn't mean we all hult our lives and work on getting them food and ingore everything else going on in life.

But I do see your point.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
True, from the industries standpoint they are the equivalent of the imperials from Star Wars and they drag the entire industry down but there is just no way a video game company can be the worst when there are other companies that effect so much more.

On top of that, companies in Big Oil and Big Banking basically can never die, as they hold vital commodities. True you have some choice in the matter but not much. Then you see them break laws, like the recent money laundering scheme but nobody gets arrested, nobody goes to jail, nobody loses their business or license to operate. They just get fined a large amount to you and me but small enough that they probably make it back within half a year. How much profit did BP make in the years following Deep Horizon?

EA on the other hand can be destroyed with our wallets. The problem is you have people that love (read:jizz) all over football so they get Madden every year, or if they love hockey they get NHL every year. Then you got the shooter crowd that will buy Battlefield (which is an actual good quality game) but if the quality were to drop, you think they would still buy it like CoD?
Hell yeah they would!

but we have the power to destroy this company. Despite the fact that Battlefield is good, and I really want to get the new one as well, I have not bough an EA game since Bad Company 2. The instant they said everything was going onto Origin, I said nope. Even SimCity, which I love the series, I will not buy (good choice in hindsight). We can get rid of this company with our wallets, unlike other big businesses.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »
True, from the industries standpoint they are the equivalent of the imperials from Star Wars and they drag the entire industry down but there is just no way a video game company can be the worst when there are other companies that effect so much more.

On top of that, companies in Big Oil and Big Banking basically can never die, as they hold vital commodities. True you have some choice in the matter but not much. Then you see them break laws, like the recent money laundering scheme but nobody gets arrested, nobody goes to jail, nobody loses their business or license to operate. They just get fined a large amount to you and me but small enough that they probably make it back within half a year. How much profit did BP make in the years following Deep Horizon?

EA on the other hand can be destroyed with our wallets. The problem is you have people that love (read:jizz) all over football so they get Madden every year, or if they love hockey they get NHL every year. Then you got the shooter crowd that will buy Battlefield (which is an actual good quality game) but if the quality were to drop, you think they would still buy it like CoD?
Hell yeah they would!

but we have the power to destroy this company. Despite the fact that Battlefield is good, and I really want to get the new one as well, I have not bough an EA game since Bad Company 2. The instant they said everything was going onto Origin, I said nope. Even SimCity, which I love the series, I will not buy (good choice in hindsight). We can get rid of this company with our wallets, unlike other big businesses.
But by that logic (which I understand), it should be called the "Worst Physicaly-Human-Harming/Environmental  Company is USA"... AKA "Which Oil company do we pick?"

I know what you mean and I see where your going and even I don't know about EA being the worst company (up there? Yes but probably not the worst). To be the worst the company has to be actively actually trying to piss off their consumers. And while Oil companys don't try to perhaps it could be argued the corners they cut lead to that, however Gaming companys cut cost and corners too.

The whole thing ends on my final point.

The worst company is probably the largest company, as company's are generally inherently going to be viewed as bad. So it's almost like a competition on who has the most money to fuck their customers with.

At the end of the day I don't see an issue. Oh whoop de do. EA gets worst Company award. Do they now lose money, get told off by the government, have to change? Nope, no, and no. So the fact that one company over another gets this means little to nothing on the grand scale of things. So in my opinion it doesn't even matter.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIwWqYSbzGA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIwWqYSbzGA</a>

lol, but seriously it doesn't.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal