Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Snak's hidden source admin application  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: Snak's hidden source admin application
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
I understand where your comming from, I've been told by many that I am a bit rouwdy and can get flared up easily, but thats my personality, it has nothing to do with how i would be as an admin.

It has everything to do with how you would be as an Admin.
If you're easily angered and resort to insults as a normal player with no actual power on the server.
Giving you power would only exacerbate the situation. Just because you're suddenly given a position of power doesn't mean your personal feeling and reactions disappear.

If you're easily angered as a normal player, you'll be just as easily angered as an admin no matter how much you believe your personal feelings aren't going to play a part, they will. 

I'm applying for admin, not a popularity contest, remember :)

Actually you are, an admin represents the entire community not just themselves.
If players don't like an admin, that reflects negatively on the community.

And if the community happens to dislike one of its own admins, what does that say about the system?

And for the community to give control to a person who has apparently resorted to anger when confronted and the use of insulting slurs and other forms of insults is basically shouting.

"Look at CG's low standards!"

When I go into a server I expect to see quality in the admins. I don't want to see admins calling players "****gots" or telling players to "Shut the fuck up" because they don't like the situations I especially would never want to see a player who I've seen causing massive trouble on the servers as an admin.

What I would like to see is a player who shown they're capable of remaining calm and dealing with other players in a proper manner. I'd like to see a player who doesn't swear at someone or insult them because that person made them mad. I'd like to see a player who can defuse the situation with just words and no admin commands.

Popularity has everything to do with begin an Admin as it reflect the persons character quite well.
Steve comes onto the forums and asks for admin and everyone states that Steve is an Asshole and quite a dick sometimes, Steve shouldn't get admin.

However, Joe comes onto the forums and asks for admin and everyone begins to praise Joe for how good of a person he is and how he never gets angry regardless of the situation. Joe has also never had any real problems with admins or other player. I would have to say Joe get's admin.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
I'd like to see a player who can defuse the situation with just words and no admin commands.

Shit I would like to see that too!...With most of the player base nowadays it is almost impossible to diffuse a situation without throwing down a few commands. Even the mention of simmering down or not using such language results in an escalation of unforeseen obnoxiousness. I can tell someone to stop singing on the microphone and I am immediately attacked and called shit I have never even heard before.

I think the population of Trolls is on the rise.

Getting back to the point:

The way that you act around us is pretty much the only way we can gauge you as an individual.

If you get pissed off and rage when you are a reg, just imagine how much more you will be the target of azzhattery when you are an admin.

This is what it is about.

I was not around back when you were banned and all these bad things occurred, but judging by the temperature around here things are still a little heated and this is why the community votes for or against the candidates for administration.

You could always try and be less of a "whatever it is you are accused of being" to the people above. Considering these are the peers who will swing your vote for a position of power.

It is up to you to convey the proper persona that will mold the picture you wish for the community to see of you.

Hope this helps a bit,
-Wooley

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:11:15 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
I think I cried a little at discords post. Never have I seen so much wisdom out of him.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Snak

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
I understand where your comming from, I've been told by many that I am a bit rouwdy and can get flared up easily, but thats my personality, it has nothing to do with how i would be as an admin.

It has everything to do with how you would be as an Admin.
If you're easily angered and resort to insults as a normal player with no actual power on the server.
Giving you power would only exacerbate the situation. Just because you're suddenly given a position of power doesn't mean your personal feeling and reactions disappear.

If you're easily angered as a normal player, you'll be just as easily angered as an admin no matter how much you believe your personal feelings aren't going to play a part, they will. 

I'm applying for admin, not a popularity contest, remember :)

Actually you are, an admin represents the entire community not just themselves.
If players don't like an admin, that reflects negatively on the community.

And if the community happens to dislike one of its own admins, what does that say about the system?

And for the community to give control to a person who has apparently resorted to anger when confronted and the use of insulting slurs and other forms of insults is basically shouting.

"Look at CG's low standards!"

When I go into a server I expect to see quality in the admins. I don't want to see admins calling players "****gots" or telling players to "Shut the fuck up" because they don't like the situations I especially would never want to see a player who I've seen causing massive trouble on the servers as an admin.

What I would like to see is a player who shown they're capable of remaining calm and dealing with other players in a proper manner. I'd like to see a player who doesn't swear at someone or insult them because that person made them mad. I'd like to see a player who can defuse the situation with just words and no admin commands.

Popularity has everything to do with begin an Admin as it reflect the persons character quite well.
Steve comes onto the forums and asks for admin and everyone states that Steve is an Asshole and quite a dick sometimes, Steve shouldn't get admin.

However, Joe comes onto the forums and asks for admin and everyone begins to praise Joe for how good of a person he is and how he never gets angry regardless of the situation. Joe has also never had any real problems with admins or other player. I would have to say Joe get's admin.

As i said, i seperate my anger from admin. I'm an adult, I dont let emotions control my actions. Yes I can get angered easily, that doesnt mean i'm going to rage with my admin powers.

And that's how I intend to handle situations, defusing the situation with words is how i've had to do it so far,  the only time ill be forced to actually use the admin powers is to deal with teamkillers and the hackers, any other conflicts my voice is my power.
Life's not a bitch! Life is a beauitful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she wouldent let u get that pussy, maybe she dident feel yall shared any similar interest, or maybe u jus an asshole that couldent sweet talk the princess.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
I'm an adult, I dont let emotions control my actions.

The fact there have been incidents where you've apparently trolled players who've made you mad and resorted to calling other players "****gots" and other insults completely contradicts what you've just said.

Offline Snak

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »

The fact there have been incidents where you've apparently trolled players who've made you mad and resorted to calling other players "****gots" and other insults completely contradicts what you've just said.

yes, that was 4 years ago. like ive said and shown, ive changed since then. I still get mad, but I get over it within a minute. When you have a kid at 18, you learn to control your anger pretty quick. The only thing that really ticks me off anymore are people who try to bring other people down, and people who break the game rules (such as tking in the hidden, which is rampant),
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:33:58 PM by Snak »
Life's not a bitch! Life is a beauitful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she wouldent let u get that pussy, maybe she dident feel yall shared any similar interest, or maybe u jus an asshole that couldent sweet talk the princess.

Offline Dante

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »

You and I have a history Rebel. At one point you were a TTT admin when I first joined, and you were actually the person to vouch me to becoming an admin the first time around. But this is where I have to say no, because we have such a long history with cg. Yes, I've been permabanned, and so have you, but mine was a one time deal, where the odds were stacked against me. Yours has a been a serious of banning and unbanning, where you have continually trolled members of the community by gaining their personal information and using it against them. Screaming racial slurs at people, making insane conspiracy theories against former CL's, mass rdming. I don't doubt you can be a valuable asset and admin, but I still feel that it is in fact too soon, and not enough progress has been made by you as a character within CG.
What Kwaurtz said.

yes, that was 4 years ago. like ive said and shown, ive changed since then. I still get mad, but I get over it within a minute. When you have a kid at 18, you learn to control your anger pretty quick. The only thing that really ticks me off anymore are people who try to bring other people down, and people who break the game rules (such as tking in the hidden, which is rampant),
Actually That was less then 2 years ago.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
Wat.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Snak

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »
Wat.

I have a two year old girl

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
Wat.

I have a two year old girl
Wife? Girlfriend?
Wow. Congratz on making that work.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Snak

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 11:51:19 PM »
Back on topic please, my personal life has nothing to do with this :D

Offline Dante

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »
Then why bring it up?

Offline Leomire

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »
Always been a good boy when I've seen him.  Except when you went off the deep end. I think you got it in you.
+1

Offline Snak

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
Then why bring it up?

it was part of my answer,him asking if i have a wife or girlfriend isent related/

Offline Pyro

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »
Denied

I'm sorry.

Too many people gave negative comments.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal