Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: somewhat important ttt issue  (Read 2810 times)

Offline oobla37

somewhat important ttt issue
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:40:26 AM »
Interesting issue I've thought up, a detective issued a jokingly order of "anyone who steps into this area will be firing squaded." He then proceeded to order people to stand in the area, and the bystanders subsequently firing squaded the people who stood in the area, 4 innocents were killed by random people "following detectives orders". The detective in the next round defends himself (faced with a ban) with the fact that he didn't kill anyone, and the orders issued did not need to be followed. Who is at fault, and what would be the punishment be?

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

Re: somewhat important ttt issue
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
The detective.

It's in our rules that they cannot make up their own rules or order people. Did you ban him? Or?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:54:03 AM »
I would say all of them, but the D is mostly at fault.

It is like calling someone out for no reason, you don't actually shoot them, but still get them killed.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
The detective.

It's in our rules that they cannot make up their own rules or order people. Did you ban him? Or?

His defense were that people were listening to him jokingly make orders, and that he did not specifically tell anyone to shoot anyone else. He designated an area for people to die, and told people to go there, however, other people he told did not listen and he did nothing.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:06:41 AM »
The detective.

His defense were that people were listening to him jokingly make orders, and that he did not specifically tell anyone to shoot anyone else. He designated an area for people to die, and told people to go there, however, other people he told did not listen and he did nothing.

Joking or not, it caused mass RDM according to you. I would have told him during round that detectives cannot give orders, then banned him if he continued.

Offline Lone Mudkips

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
I would blame the detective (he did start it after all). Even if he was joking about giving orders like that, people mistakenly listened and carried out that order. Causing four RDMs who were called out by the detective who defied that order.

Otherwise, like Waffuls said, detectives can't make up orders.

Quote from: Lone Grey
TTT is like a radio station, they always play the same damn thing every day.
In Memory of BladeTwin
I almost made it
Fuck you Scooby
From Organ Trail Stream

Offline doll023

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:15 AM »
I think its mainly the detectives fault but partially the the people who randomly killed others because it doesn't sound to me like the detective gave reasons why to kill those who were randomly killed so i think its about 80% detective and 20% people who killed.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 04:34:24 AM »
Honestly I think this depends on the tone of his voice.
When he gave that order, could you easily tell he was joking? Was he laughing as he said it or did he say it as seriously as possible.

Because if players could clearly tell he was joking around, then that should be on them. TTT players look for any chance to kill someone and get away with it.

And that's what this seems to be a bunch of assholes took someones joke and used it as a shield to get away with doing something stupid.

Offline doll023

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »
ya thats kinda wat i was saying about how its their fault but also the detctives fault for not stopping them

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »
The person that caused the Mass RDM is the one that takes the responsibility i.e. he said to shoot people, people listened, so its on the detective in this case.

Even if he was "joking" he has to take responsibility for causing the RDM, even if it was unintentional, but I would be a little more easy on him, a three day ban as opposed to a week or a perma.

At any rate I believe you got your answer.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal