Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone getting a WiiU?  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Anyone getting a WiiU?
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:57:08 PM »

Any one getting a Wii U this Christmas? Them IPads Look pretty cool... oh shit I mean Wii Pad... no wait I mean STUPID PAD

Sorry Who is actually going to game with that again?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tendovvi

Re: Anyone getting a WiiU?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
Want.
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »
Want.
Why? It's a waste of a console. What can it do that my PC, or for that matter any other console can't? Besides play stupid Mario games. Which btw really needs to fucking die. Talk about over milking a franchise. Seriously Nintendo go fuck your self. I have played enough Mario to last several life times.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
Want.
Why? It's a waste of a console. What can it do that my PC, or for that matter any other console can't? Besides play stupid Mario games. Which btw really needs to fucking die. Talk about over milking a franchise. Seriously Nintendo go fuck your self. I have played enough Mario to last several life times.

Hater :D I like Mario games.
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline Sprite

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »
Want.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
If you're planning on buying one.

You might consider buying the premium one.
What I've heard is that the idle (no game running) has 3 GB RAM left for games
And that the basic has less RAM than the premium one.

Might not be true. Or I've explained it wrongly.

DUTCH SOURCE:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/85583/basic-wii-u-heeft-slechts-3gb-aan-opslagruimte-over.html

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
If you're planning on buying one.

You might consider buying the premium one.
What I've heard is that the idle (no game running) has 3 GB RAM left for games
And that the basic has less RAM than the premium one.

Might not be true. Or I've explained it wrongly.

DUTCH SOURCE:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/85583/basic-wii-u-heeft-slechts-3gb-aan-opslagruimte-over.html
Xbox has 512 mb of ram So I think you are fine.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
Want.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
Want.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c</a>

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:13:56 PM »
Well the only thing that makes it different than computers and consoles is retardedly obvious. That would be the ability to minimize your game to the WiiU-pad and take it back to your room; then you can return to play on the TV again when you want. Then when you're playing the game on the TV the touchpad works as your inventory, map, weapon or whatever the game wants it to be. Screw pausing the game to look at your inventory and map, now you can just look at your hands and use a sexy touch screen. There's probably going to be all sorts of touch related mini-games or items jammed into everything we see; just thinking of what the next Zelda will be like gives me orgasms.

Finally, HD Legend of Zelda is on the way and we won't be expected to hold the fucking WiiMote like a sword the whole time. THANK YOU HESUS; FUCK SKYWARD SWORD WAS ANNOYING. I mean it was alright but from the flapping arm motions on the bird to fighting Deku Baba's for 10 minutes on end trying to get the perfect diagonal slice; that game just wore me out. Hopefully we'll finally see something greater than OoT, WW and TP combined.

We would of preordered one but they were completely out of room for preorders- and the waiting list was 6000+ people long so it'll be a while before we get one. Hopefully we'll have one by Christmas, but I'll just be happy to have a Wii again since ours broke. I better be able to port over all my NES, SNES and N64 games though.. OOOH and maybe they'll sell GameCube games and whatnot in the WiiU store now..

It's any Xbox or PS release after this that'll be a waste of a console; now that they're all turning into computers with controller ports.

WiiU "Info"
Storage
Internal flash memory: 8GB(7.2GB usable) - $299 for Basic Set, 32GB(29GB usable) - $349 Deluxe Set.
Expandable memory via external USB hard drive and SDHC memory cards

CPU
IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor

IBM has revealed it to be a 45nm chip, with embedded DRAM. Additionally, the CPU is based on the same chip that is used in the Watson supercomputer, implying it is a Power7 model. (Source: Kotaku)

Previously rumored to be roughly 50% more powerful than PS3. (Source: IGN) Recent reports of actual hardware however suggest it to be much greater, putting it around 20% less powerful than the next gen Xbox (which is rumored to be at least 6 times more powerful than current gen consoles). Again, all rumors however, so please don't get too obsessed with power.

RAM
The Wii U has 2GB of RAM.  1GB of RAM is allocated to system functions. Examples of system functions include TVii and Mii-verse.  The other 1GB is allocated for games. 
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »
Want.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c</a>

Inject, biggest Troll in CG

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
I like the way it works but I won't buy it, i'm not a big fan of zelda and stuff but I do like Mario games.  But now I stopped playing on nintendo consoles. Back then I used to play with an Atari playin mario bros, then a nintendo 64 finally a gamecube gamecube. But I never bought the wii, since it's all the same just movement recognition included and new menus. It would be cooler if they integrated this system to Pc or other consoles tough.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
I like the way it works but I won't buy it, i'm not a big fan of zelda and stuff but I do like Mario games.  But now I stopped playing on nintendo consoles. Back then I used to play with an Atari playin mario bros, then a nintendo 64 finally a gamecube gamecube. But I never bought the wii, since it's all the same just movement recognition included and new menus. It would be cooler if they integrated this system to Pc or other consoles tough.

What? Mario for Atari? Gamecube Gamecube? The Wii's the same as Gamecube Gamecube with movement recognition and new menus?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »
Anything previously said about its specs really don't matter. Nintendo said that again they are not going to focus on trying to beat Xbox or PS3 at graphics. They will move up to HD graphics but not up to the level of the PC or the next gen consoles.

Also if you look at the numbers, Nintendo won the last console war. True there were way to many shovelware games, but it brought Nintendo back from its N64/Gamecube mistakes to the top.

The WiiU looks appealing to me. Its got both a touch interface, and buttons, a plus over any tablet. It has first party Nintendo games, which are usually always great, and it looks like they are finally putting some semblance of multilayer into it as well. What we will have to see play out is if third party developers actually create games for it. Nintendo can't just survive on its first party titles alone, because people that bought the Wii will not buy the WiiU if its just going to have more shovelware on it, along with the fact that alot of small games can be played on smart phones.

The biggest question is what is Microsoft and Sony gonna do? Nintendo said that while the WiiU is sold at a loss, if you buy one game it is instantly profitable again, while if you look at the 360 and PS3 they were sold at about a 100 dollar loss, meaning that you needed to buy more then one game for it to make money, not a hard thing to do but hard enough apparently because Microsoft said that they made no money of the Xbox 360 and Sony only made it because of the Blu-Ray drive on the PS3.

Whats going to happen now? You won't sell many consoles for 600-800 dollars a pop to the current generation, and the PC market has bounced back stronger then ever. The WiiU is arguably in the best position to win again for Nintendo.

Once they drop in price a little down the road, I may consider getting one. Zelda games are some of my favorite, so hard to pass up.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 08:14:31 PM »

What? Mario for Atari? Gamecube Gamecube? The Wii's the same as Gamecube Gamecube with movement recognition and new menus?

Pillz read it again, it's not what I meant, I said the gamecube looks like the wii, only difference is there is a bit more specs and there are movement sensors build in. And yes Atari had mario...
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 08:14:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal