Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Availability / Votekick Suggestion  (Read 2566 times)

Offline samn122

Admin Availability / Votekick Suggestion
« on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »
I'm a frequent player on the TTT server and having an admin online more often to keep order and enforce rules for RDM, etc.  would be greatly appreciated. I understand an admin cannot be on 24/7 so it would help to implement the votekick system to kick mic spammers, RDMers, and unfair players. It would also be nice to have an age limit on the use of mics.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Re: Admin Availability / Votekick Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »
I'm a frequent player on the TTT server and having an admin online more often to keep order and enforce rules for RDM, etc.  would be greatly appreciated. I understand an admin cannot be on 24/7 so it would help to implement the votekick system to kick mic spammers, RDMers, and unfair players. It would also be nice to have an age limit on the use of mics.
First, this would go in the TTT suggestion board.
Second, this issue has already been brought up in that board (although not responded to)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »
I'd agree to get rid of hackers, blatant RDMers, and to mute annoyances but I'm not sure if the players are going to be mature enough.
By that I mean, voting to kick people just to troll, and people voting yes "just for the hell of it."
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 02:22:32 AM »
I'd agree to get rid of hackers, blatant RDMers, and to mute annoyances but I'm not sure if the players are going to be mature enough.
By that I mean, voting to kick people just to troll, and people voting yes "just for the hell of it."

Yep. This has been suggested a bunch of times already, and that's exactly why it got denied.
Cookies go here?

Offline samn122

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:09:25 AM »
Has it been tested?

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
Has it been tested?
It's been used on other servers and things like this happen. Votekick shouldn't really be used in a semi-serious game like TTT, it can and will be abused, plus a kick is a lot more of a bigger deal in TTT than it is in other games.

Offline arth987

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »
^

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
I've tried to do votes on the server for mutes and people just spam option 1. A lot of people don't read the vote and just want it off their screen. It's not very effective, seems only trolls are willing to use the power we'd give them.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
I agree with what Towersheep and the others are saying. Normally, trolls seem to come in groups at night when no admins are on. So, if one or two people have an issue, and try to vote, they are usually outnumbered and then the vote will be flipped back on them or they'll be massively trolled afterwards.

It's better to rely on an admin than a group of players for these types of things, but I do see where your coming from. Maybe if the server wasn't so heavily populated with trolls and assholes, then we could talk about this. And seeing how the vote pops up in the corner of the screen.. barely anyone reads at all anymore, do you think they'll even notice that?

-1 for this.

Offline Pancake Of Doom

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
I've tried to do votes on the server for mutes and people just spam option 1. A lot of people don't read the vote and just want it off their screen. It's not very effective, seems only trolls are willing to use the power we'd give them.
I've seen some servers block out the choice for 1 and 2. It told you to think about your choice before spamming, and then you were forced to look to get it off your screen.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal