CG Administration Section > Admin Department

Something I seem to have noticed.

(1/3) > >>

Sammy:
Iunno whether you guys from other servers get this, but we on the ZM server have had so many people play the server for the first or second time, and ask us about admin immediately and whether they should aapply for it. Not only do they then ignore us saying; "play on the server more often, get to know everyone, join the forums and increase post count, etc" but they then are surprised when everyone rejects them and they just disappear... never to be seen again.

Other accounts of people necro-ing to get post count up. Im not sure whether these people are just trying to get admin to f up the server or whether they are just plain retarded or something.

Just something up for discussion on admin applications etc, whats the verdict from you guys on other servers?

Old Crow:
It can sometimes be the same on TTT. I've had people ask me multiple times if they can pay to have admin. Maybe we could change the MOTD to mention how to become admin somehow, but sometimes its just plain ignorance, because its not like people cant read on the forums how to become an admin.

Blackllama:

--- Quote from: Old Crow on July 01, 2012, 07:53:38 PM ---It can sometimes be the same on TTT. I've had people ask me multiple times if they can pay to have admin. Maybe we could change the MOTD to mention how to become admin somehow, but sometimes its just plain ignorance, because its not like people cant read on the forums how to become an admin.

--- End quote ---
If they can't come to the forums and read they shouldn't be admin.

Old Crow:

--- Quote from: Blackllama on July 01, 2012, 08:05:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Old Crow on July 01, 2012, 07:53:38 PM ---It can sometimes be the same on TTT. I've had people ask me multiple times if they can pay to have admin. Maybe we could change the MOTD to mention how to become admin somehow, but sometimes its just plain ignorance, because its not like people cant read on the forums how to become an admin.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It would be a dangling carrot, something to entice people to come to the forums

Sammy:

--- Quote from: Old Crow on July 01, 2012, 08:09:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blackllama on July 01, 2012, 08:05:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It would be a dangling carrot, something to entice people to come to the forums

--- End quote ---

I like it, lure them in with false hope and then one or two might stick around on the forums... I see what you're doing there Crow :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version