Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AK-47 or M16  (Read 13818 times)

Offline Old Crow

AK-47 or M16
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:48 AM »
Well the question is simple. which would you rather have for World War 3, Zombie apocalypse, etc...

Both have their pros and cons, but if i had to choose one it would be the AK all the way. Never jams, full auto, and ammo is everywhere even in the States. Love the M16, very accurate but that direct impingement system just jams the weapon way too easily.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Finniespin

Re: AK-47 or M16
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
what is it with you americans and your gung (and zombie apocolypse). Why are you so obsessed with killing things :s
(IRL)

anyways i was thinking about ak-47 but that's jus personally in counter strike:source...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »
what is it with you americans and your gung (and zombie apocolypse). Why are you so obsessed with killing things :s
(IRL)

anyways i was thinking about ak-47 but that's jus personally in counter strike:source...

I assume you mean gun??? hey we love guns. just a fact. im working on getting my fifth!!!

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
In the real world, the AK-47. In CS:S however, the AK's accuracy blows, so I would use M16.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »
Okay first of all: I did not post that post above me.  Whitellama GTFO my account.

In the real world, the AK-47 is a lot more of an automatic weapon, and the m16 is more of a rifle.  Ak-47 loses accuracy but has a LOT more power.  The m16 however has a very long barrel and is more accurate, used at a longer range.

Ak-47 ftw. It makes easy headshots when holding still.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »
The AK is probably more versatile and all around useful compared to the M16. Sure the M16 is probably a better gun but the AK has it's better points. Cheap, plenty of them around and ammo is sure to be a plenty

Offline Boxman

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
Okay first of all: I did not post that post above me.  Whitellama GTFO my account.

In the real world, the AK-47 is a lot more of an automatic weapon, and the m16 is more of a rifle.  Ak-47 loses accuracy but has a LOT more power.  The m16 however has a very long barrel and is more accurate, used at a longer range.

Ak-47 ftw. It makes easy headshots when holding still.

AK-47 is an assault rifle, as is the M16... Both have fully automatic options.
M16's barrel doesn't increase it's accuracy, it creates stability.
AK-47 is easier to rely on and doesn't need constant cleaning.. In fact, you could probably find some AK in a Vietnam swamp area that hasn't been used in years and it'd probably still fire without doing much maintenance.

The problem with the M16 is the sheer fact that the gun has always been known to jam often, and the AK's raw power would be much more useful. The M16 rounds are more common throughout the US, meaning you'll be able to find ammo for it more often [Invasion being possible in WW3]... Which is a definite plus.

Is it the stereotypical zombie outbreak or L4D2?

Now, I'm assuming what model of M16 you're talking about, so don't go "ORLY!? DERP DERP DERP"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:21:11 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
Game does NOT equal reality.   In actuality, the AK-47 is of the same era / age of the M-14. The AK-74 and the M-16 are of the same era / age.
The AK-47 is a heavier caliber (7.62x39mm) and was designed for the two week old conscript to be able to maintain and shoot.  It is a less accurate rifle.  Particularly at long range.  It never was designed to be a long range rifle.
The M-16 initial design was to be a guard rifle, for the air force.  Light weight, and not on the front line.  However, the US Military wanted to increase the amount of ammo the soldier carried, without increasing weight.  The .223 round is used to do this.  The original M-16 had severe issues, now mostly resolved, except the lack of stopping power of the .223.   The M-16 is more accurate at long range.  This is a throw back.  US Mil (particularly the Marines) likes long range accuracy.  The M-4 variant is close in, and is not effective at long range (loss of velocity due to short barrel.)  In Afghanistan, the lack of penetration of the .223 at long range has been an issue - in Afghanistan, the Taliban use snipers to full effect, this is why the issuance 7.62 Nato caliber rifles is occurring.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
the 5.56mm Nato may not have the penetration that the 7.62mmX39 does but the bullet does tumble much earlier then the 7.62, thus causing much more tissue damage.Fighting Taliban in Afghan, who for the most part probably aren't wearing body armor, it'll incapacitate them much better then the AK round would.

3 Days isn't log

Offline PistolWhip

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:38 AM »
The AK-47 is way less acurate. but you lose the power of the not jamming with the m16
Ak all the way.

trollface

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 01:50:27 AM »
the 5.56mm Nato may not have the penetration that the 7.62mmX39 does but the bullet does tumble much earlier then the 7.62, thus causing much more tissue damage.Fighting Taliban in Afghan, who for the most part probably aren't wearing body armor, it'll incapacitate them much better then the AK round would.

Yes, and no.  Due to the shortening of the M16 barrel - for variants, like the M-4 - the tumbling does not occur as it should.  In addition, the velocity loss, also due to the shorten barrels, means the Afghans do not have to wear body armor, but just be far enough away. And, due to the velocity loss, the round does not fragment, as designed, at far ranges.  Right now the major issue is snipers in Afghanistan.

An old bolt action rifle in a heavy caliber, like 7.62x54r, or 30.06, etc. out range the rifles the standard US Soldier would normally carry.   This is why the US Mil is sending M-14 variant sniper rifles and (supposedly) issuing them at the platoon level.

Remember, the 5.56 Nato round is a very small bullet.  Tumbling and fragmentation are the keys to getting stopping power in such a small round.   It is a 55-62 grain bullet. Roughly 1/3 the size of the 7.62Nato.

Even the Wiki points to stopping power concerns: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56%C3%9745mm_NATO

In comparison, the AK-47 shoots a 7.62x39 round, 123-154 grain bullet a x2 to x3 weight difference.   It transfers 2x the amount of energy.

However, the 7.62x39 round does not tumble nor fragment well, which can lead to stopping power issues. Newer ammo corrects this a bit by design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9739mm

Offline Boxman

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »
The AK-47 is way less acurate. but you lose the power of the not jamming with the m16
Ak all the way.

trollface
To be fair, the AK-47 is accurate in the sense that it hits what you're aiming at (Kind of?).. but the recoil is horrible.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »
but the recoil is horrible.
pussy :p

Offline Boxman

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline A.K Commando

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:22:56 AM »
While I'd have to agree that an AK is great if your at medium range, i'd rather have the M16 on single shot and pop the zombies closest to me. Hit and run>Spray and Pray in a zombo apoc for the simple fact that a heashot would drop a zombie faster then two-five body shots. Of course that's just my preferance but yall can go with the AK if you want. Also even more truthfully if we're talkin about Zombie Apoc I'd go with something like an H&K Mp5 (with a few clips) for medium-long range fightin and either a pistol grip Pump action or sawed off shotgun for House clearing. Just saying >.>
To those who seek me out, beware. The Darkness is my friend and it shall aid me. Do not be distressed though as only those of evil intent need fear the writhing darkness. Only those of Pure intentions can find me and receive my help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:22:56 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal