Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should we remove the "Mute Squeakers rule?"

Yes
8 (34.8%)
No
15 (65.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: June 11, 2011, 05:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.  (Read 10447 times)

Offline Blood

Re: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
This flame war is over. Keep it on topic.
Flame war? its just the truth but in a more aggressive manner.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »
To be technical, the rating system is a recommendation on what is or is not suitable for certain age groups, not a discrimination of what one can play. It serves as a reminder to parents what their children could be playing. Whether or not they are allowed to play the game is purely up to their parents choice or stupid mistake (what i mean by that is just not knowing anything and letting the kid play the game)

Anyways, slightly more on topic here..
Squeakers should be muted. They are annoying. But for me, I find the term too general. For the most part I just go by if their voice pisses me off then they obviously deserve a mute (and if it pisses of a majority of the server) I never went through being a squeaker, always had a low voice since I started playing. But for the most part they'll just have to wait until their voice matures. You can't really give much sympathy considering they are being allowed to play a game with a mature rating.
Quoting this for the sake of the topic considering no one replied to it. I think I made a good point.
Although I'll tell you, the rule will likely not change at all. It's always been this way and is agreed upon by a majority of the admins.

Also what I put in red is what most people go by anyways.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:14:44 PM by DarkEmo-kun~ »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
 trollface

That said.

I am a bit disappointed.  Lets not wonder into the grey area, where people can construe statements as attacks, ok?

I do not automatically mute "squeakers" even if they seem to have taken a class on squirrel speak:

Basically this: Is the guy speaking annoying?  Does he mike spam?  Are there others who wish him to be muted?  Is his talking harming the game play?  IF so, then mute.  IF not, then do not mute.  How difficult is this?

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
Because as soon as a "squeaker" talks everyone says "MUTE" "Admin mute him!" "Omg my ears" "Holy shit drop your balls" "stfu kid".  Thats why i want the rule changed and to have everyone treated the same, with respect.

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
There never was and there never will be a rule to mute squeakers. Its just simple as this: If people find a person to be annoying then he/she gets muted. It does not matter if he/she is 5 or 20+, if he/she is annoying a mute is handed out.
Its just that squeakers in general are found annoying, those that dont mic spam and are good players can usually talk, since the players dont find that annoying. The mic spammers and useless bs talking ones are annoying, and get muted as such.
The same rule applies for EVERYONE, if you are a 17 year old mic spammer you get muted, if you are 43 years old and found annoying you get muted, no matter how old you are, the mutes are given on a basis of who is annoying and who is not.
Now IF we would not mute squeakers then the more mature playerbase would get pissed and would dump our servers for some other server. We dont want that.
Even IF people kept playing on our servers they would just use the solo mute option, this however would ruin the game. Lets say a squeaker calls someone out and then kills them and gets a traitor weapon. Now since some of the people have this person muted THEY WILL NOT KNOW THAT HE KILLED A TRAITOR AND HAS A TRAITOR WEAPON, then they will kill the squeaker for having it. More issues like that will pop up if half of the server has someone muted.
Overall not muting squeakers because they are annoying would kill the server population and also make the game harder to play and admin.
Still i will repeat myself for what i said at the start.
There is NO rule thats just vs squeakers. Its a general rule that applies to all annoying people. Annoying is defined by the players that are on, we cant change that, even if we wanted to.
Now lets end this stupid argument that has popped up so many times!

The fucking end.

Also sorry if i came over as an ass but it is very annoying to have people bring up topics (that have already been solved before) and pull invalid arguments out of nowhere.
I need a new sig...

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »
Edit: Nvm.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:07:34 PM by Robby the [Bitter] »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
There is a rule against squeaking symbolzz... as towards get a higher upp in here how much higher upp do you get than the guy who makes the rules? in other words the head admin for the ttt server.

Anyways as I said previously this is not gonna change because CG likes the majority better than the minority, what I mean by this is I mean "every1 screams mute this kid!!!!" yes this is a majority which means we must tend to that majority if we want to remove mic spam, the minority in this case is the squeakers.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
There never was and there never will be a rule to mute squeakers.
 so sorry if i came over as an ass

WRONG.   Reread the rules:  And please abide by them.
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=2871.0

6. Anyone found to be excessively annoying to the majority will be muted. Squeakers are to be muted.

Yes, you did come over as an ass, and a wrong one at that.  Apologize.  And That is the end. 

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »
There never was and there never will be a rule to mute squeakers.
 so sorry if i came over as an ass

WRONG.   Reread the rules:  And please abide by them.
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=2871.0

6. Anyone found to be excessively annoying to the majority will be muted. Squeakers are to be muted.

Yes, you did come over as an ass, and a wrong one at that.  Apologize.  And That is the end.
My bad and i apologize, still i have yet to see a single time when someone is muted just for being a squeaker.
I need a new sig...

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »
Well I mean for the most part, symbolz hit the nail on the head. It's mostly based on if their annoying. squeaking does fall under that category but meh. I forgot what I was saying but squeaking is just a category of being annoying on the mic. I know I probbaly said something wrong but read my first long post or w/e that I posted,

Offline Blood

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »
then...the point of this thread?

Offline termantor200

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
dear god, please dont take this off. squeakers only cause annoying problems

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
Head admin has spoken not gonna happen, unless you find a very very good reason.
stance majority>minority, NOW LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »
And on that note, the rule stands.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal