Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should we remove the "Mute Squeakers rule?"

Yes
8 (34.8%)
No
15 (65.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: June 11, 2011, 05:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.  (Read 10446 times)

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Re: Muting "Squeakers" Rule.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
To be technical, the rating system is a recommendation on what is or is not suitable for certain age groups, not a discrimination of what one can play. It serves as a reminder to parents what their children could be playing. Whether or not they are allowed to play the game is purely up to their parents choice or stupid mistake (what i mean by that is just not knowing anything and letting the kid play the game)

Anyways, slightly more on topic here..
Squeakers should be muted. They are annoying. But for me, I find the term to general. For the most part I just go by if their voice pisses me off then they obviously deserve a mute (and if it pisses of a majority of the servers) I never went through being a squeaker, always had a low voice since I started playing. But for the most part they'll just have to wait until their voice matures. You can't really give much sympathy considering they are being allowed to play a game with a mature rating.

Offline Blood

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »
Lol u mad bro?  trollface

But I agree with changing the rule.

The only time you should mute them is if they are fucking annoying, not if they just have a high pitched voice.

" M rated game"

Garrysmod isn't rated.  smug

1. I mad cuz this is a stupid thread trollface

2. The high pitched voice IS fucking annoying and as Jorgen said, they never have anything interesting to say

3. *facepalm*

EDIT: as boxman said,

For the record, GMod is based off of Mature & Teen games, therefore making it M.

Corey, Learn your facts please.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:05:07 PM by Blood »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
For the record, GMod is based off of Mature & Teen games, therefore making it M.

Learn your facts please.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/half-life-2-orange-box/64510

Please, get the fuck off.
Learn how ESRB ratings work. There is no official ESRB rating for Gmod but it's linked around a bunch of T-M games.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:04:24 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Blood

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »

Learn your facts please.

Learn how ESRB ratings work. There is no official ESRB rating for Gmod but it's linked around a bunch of T-M games. Don't tell me to 'learn my facts' when there's nothing to learn.
boxman i was talking to coreybush, sorry that does look like im telling you to learn your facts :C but i meant it towards him

Offline Boxman

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »

Learn your facts please.

Learn how ESRB ratings work. There is no official ESRB rating for Gmod but it's linked around a bunch of T-M games. Don't tell me to 'learn my facts' when there's nothing to learn.
boxman i was talking to coreybush, sorry that does look like im telling you to learn your facts :C but i meant it towards him
:<
>angry

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Welp, just a suggestion but stop being so aggressive. I know you want to rant and complain and stuff, so do I. But it can make misunderstandings 10x worse and makes you look like an asshole bro. *kwaurtz cough*

Offline Blood

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »

Learn your facts please.

:<
>angry
fiiiiiix'd? :3

Offline Boxman

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
Welp, just a suggestion but stop being so aggressive. I know you want to rant and complain and stuff, so do I. But it can make misunderstandings 10x worse and makes you look like an asshole bro. *kwaurtz cough*
I look up to Kwaurtz, brah <3

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
I did too at one point. Although I was more so directed at Blood lol.

*ahem* we're getting a tad off topic here.

Offline Blood

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
psh...i was totally being nice, you just want a brohu- okay too offtopic

Offline Boxman

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »
I did too at one point. Although I was more so directed at Blood lol.
Was joking, and I kind of figured, but I was pointing out that it wasn't illogical to look up to someone who took control of the situation by attempting to scream at everyone.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
1. I mad cuz this is a stupid thread

2. The high pitched voice IS fucking annoying and as Jorgen said, they never have anything interesting to say

3. *facepalm*

This thread is to prove that the little kids who play in our servers have the right to talk just as much as you do! They are people and should be treated with respect.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONE'S VOICE OR WHAT THEY SAY USE THE F---ing "Player List" mute option.

/facepalm.

And as of the game rating discussion, why does it matter if its a E rated, T rated, or M rated game, if you can handle the fantasy violence, blood, gore, language or drug use then you're fine. I played M games when i was 10, wheres the problem there?

You telling people to not use mics because of their voices or to grow balls is immature of YOU not them. You instigate this shit and pisses them off, ofcourse they're gonna rage at you, and you deserve it. (You as in anyone)

Edit: And i will NOT mute people because voice. I mute people on reasonable actions, not some retarded rule.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:42:47 PM by Waldo »

Offline Blood

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
1. I mad cuz this is a stupid thread

3. *facepalm*

This thread is to prove that the little kids who play in our servers have the right to talk just as much as you do! They are people and should be treated with respect.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONE'S VOICE OR WHAT THEY SAY USE THE F---ing "Player List" mute option.

/facepalm.

And as of the game rating discussion, why does it matter if its a E rated, T rated, or M rated game, if you can handle the fantasy violence, blood, gore, language or drug use then you're fine. I played M games when i was 10, wheres the problem there?

You telling people to not use mics because of their voices or to grow balls is immature of YOU not them. You instigate this shit and pisses them off, ofcourse they're gonna rage at you, and you deserve it. (You as in anyone)

Edit: And i will NOT mute people because voice. I mute people on reasonable actions, not some retarded rule.

immature of us to tell them to fucking wait and grow up before using their annoying ass voices over the internet?

you really haven't given me any real reason to change my mind,
you haven't given any reason for me to give a crap about why they should be able to talk or not,
basicly all i've heard is "they should be able to talk just because"

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »
back on topic, i dont mute squeakers on the spot. i see if they are trying to be helpful and not just scream about useless stuff. but the majority of squeakers usually do the latter choice, therefore getting muted
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Think what you want blood.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal