CG Administration Section > Admin Department

back in the game

(1/5) > >>

Wholegrain:
(generation kill if you have seen it quote)
gentlemen a few weeks ago i said it would cost $200 to host a server box i was very much wrong
we could pay $60 for 2 tb a month and as we all know that is very durable
considering me epic ever klondor and pillz can tie down the payments for the server box we are paying for now
all donations will go to surplus and will be saved up to buy our own server rack
the min requirements of the box are
quad 2.8 ghz+
4 gigs of ram+
a hard drive
considering if i do the dishes every night and with the start of school im now funneling all money that comes my way in real life to buying a serverbox
i get $90 a month for doing dishes although most the time i skip out on it but im going to change that
and $20 a month now for school lunch
i will put $30 to pay for the box to tie it down and $20-$30 more to help finance us to buy a server box

considering if we bought our own server box it would be the last leap before we could put up more servers
remember more cpu and ram is better
also we would start saving money our moneys worth for the box+shipping would be made in less than 6 months (we save at least $50 a month)

Their would be an ip change but i would of course make a full backup of all the servers onto my desktop and would reinstall them asap

Remscar:
Does this mean i get a contract?

Wholegrain:
also watch same shit is going to happen 30+ ppl will post about me and vinny and our kf sucking experience but nobody will touch this which could spring cg to 4x as many servers and a foothold in most games which could generate more revenue and dramatically increase the population
already we can use the popularity of the ttt server to set up any server we want atm  css tf2 you name it already i have seen an impressive number of ppl wearing the cg tag (70+ 50 alone on my friends list)
and with a steam group of 1,050+ people and still growing on average 5-10 ppl  a day we have the human resources to put up an manage another server our only real hold back is money at this moment if we had the resources sacmo has we could easily surpass most gaming communities (not saying them not saying we are above/below or at their level and that WILL not be discussed here) right now we are mid sized but held back by only 1 real cg server and 2 affilated servers when we should have more servers

Wholegrain:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-proliant-DL380-Xeon-3-6GHZ-QUAD-Core-2u-rack-server-/370413467819?pt=COMP_EN_Servers
considering we have someone that would donate a harddrive this is a pretty good deal
i mean for under $300 is our price range and considering its quad 3.6ghz that is exactly what we are looking for
sadly we dont have the money to get it yet and this is only an example of what we can get
but for quad 3.6 ghz (our 1 core is only like 3.3 ghz or something like that) i cant tell you how beast that is and if we host in chicago or some other place my brother would happily (he knows more about comps that i do) go to repair it if it breaks

also with 2 cpu slots it allows us more options of what to do and we can easily upgrade ram

AlphaWeeaboo:
Shit topics are just easier to reply to. Important topics can take time to muster up a response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version