Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: JohnCyKlopZ's User-Friendly Guide to Getting RDM/Trolling/Hacking Evidence  (Read 7350 times)

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

Here's MY guide on how to gather video evidence of someone constantly RDMing/trolling/hacking on the server when no admins are on:

METHOD 1 (video)

Go in your console while in the server and type in "record evidence1". Once you've recorded the evidence, type "stop" in console. If you want to record more evidence type in "record evidence2" at the NEXT round. You can keep repeating this with evidence3, evidence4, evidence5, etc... but make sure you type "stop" in console at the end of each round, then you can record the next evidence# at the next round.
NOTE: If nothing interesting happens in one recording, you can redo that recording by NOT changing the number at the end. For example, Bob started recording evidence1 > nothing happened > Bob starts recording evidence1 again to overwrite the previous one, and to save space. Then, if something interesting does happen, THEN you can change the number, if you want more evidence to use.

Now when you're done getting the evidence, there are TWO ways to get the footage into an actual clip:

I.) Use the Source recorder; This requires QUICKTIME to be installed (this might seem complicated, but at least your video won't look laggy):
1.) Type in console "startmovie evidence1(OR 2, 3, 4, etc.) h264" (DON'T FORGET THE "h264" AT THE END THAT IS IMPORTANT). THEN "playdemo evidence1(OR 2, 3, 4, etc)", now close the console.
2.) Now give the Source recorder some time to process the recorded session into an MP4 file. (Keep in mind that the "recorded sessions" I'm talking about are really called .dem files, which can be found in your [steamname]\garrysmod\garrysmod folder, but you don't actually need them.)
3.) Then when the slow playback reaches the end of your recorded session, type "endmovie" in console and WAIT till the game unfreezes, or your video will be corrupt. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 if you have more TTT rounds of evidence to show us, make sure you repeat this for evidence1, 2, 3, 4, and so on.
     *The MP4 file(s) will be saved in your [steamname]\garrysmod\garrysmod directory, NOT [steamname]\garrysmod.

Shift+F2 will open the demo playback menu.
Additionally, you can type in console:"sv_cheats 1" and "mat_wireframes 1 or  "sv_cheats 1" and "r_drawothermodels 2."
This will give you a "wallhack" that allows you to see the wireframes of other models and players. Now, look for the player aiming at enemies directly and constantly, especially behind walls. If the map is dark, or you have a hard time seeing walls, type "mat_fullbright 1" in console to light everything up.

II.) Use Fraps (this is the simplest way, but can turn out pretty laggy in some computers):
1.) Start up Fraps. You can download the trial version here: http://www.fraps.com/download.php
2.) Go to the Movies tab and set the Video Capture Hotkey to anything but F9.
          Tick the following: 30 fps, Full-size, Record sound, and Detect best sound input.
          UN-tick the following: Lock framerate, Don't sync audio and video, Hide mouse cursor in video, and Force lossless RGB capture.
3.) Now in console type in "playdemo evidence1(OR 2, 3, 4, etc.)" and simply record it using Fraps by pressing the Video Capture Hotkey and pressing it again when you're done.
     *Then go to C:\Fraps\Movies and there you can find your evidence in a huge-ass AVI file. Repeat step 3 for each evidence#.

*OPTIONAL IF YOU USED THE SOURCE RECORDER*
When you're finally done, use a video editor like Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas to cut out the boring parts if you want, or maybe just give your clip a cool intro. Just make sure you render the whole video into a common file like .wmv, .avi, .flv, or something, not a project file.
*IF YOU USED FRAPS*
I strongly recommend using a video editor OR a video convertor, the video Fraps records are SO big, it'll take forever to upload them. So you should really use a video editor to re-render the Fraps clips so they are much smaller to upload.
*IF YOU RECORDED MORE THAN ONE SESSION (THIS IS MANDATORY)*
Put all the clips into one video using a video editor.

Last Step:
Now you can just upload it on Youtube and give us the link to your video here on the forums.
YOU ARE DONE! Leave us some time to discuss your evidence and ban the culprit if your evidence qualifies.

METHOD 2 (pictures)

Since a picture or a video is required in every case please make sure you do method 1 or 2.

STEP ONE
Press the {PRINT SCREEN} Button on your keyboard!

Alternatively, you can use your Steam Pictures button. If so, you may skip the rest of the steps and post it directly to a ban appeal.

STEP TWO
Open PAINT or another photo editing program on your computer.

STEP THREE
Press {CTRL + V} to paste the picture into the program.

STEP FOUR
Save the image and upload to a picture sharing website such as:
www.photobucket.com
http://filesmelt.com/home/homepage
www.imageshack.us

STEP FIVE
Report the bitch with that picture.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:27:35 AM by Old Crow »
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Ph4nT()m Pix3l

better than complaining to the admins and yelling u were rdm'ed
someone here is quilty ಠ_ಠ........who is it?guy #1ಠ~ಠ, guy#2ಠoಠ, guy #3 ಠxಠ, guy #4 ಠ.ಠ, or guy #5 ಥ_ಥ?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Remscar

WE HAVE A ADMIN IN THE BASE!
Part of my pride was dead the second that you talked to me
And I knew that no matter what lied ahead you wouldn't walk with me
So alone I traveled

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

Also, tell me if you find something in the guide confusing or if there's a mistake.

Offline Wholegrain

STICKIED
good job john this is very useful

i may compile everything from what is rdm (made by holy) this and a few other things into 1 giant thread sticky that all relates to ttt so ppl can find it easier

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

Thank you, Wholegrain.  ;D
I've revised it again so things will, hopefully, seem less confusing.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
For FRAPS it's best to just convert the video since you can't upload them to youtube for shit i think.

Offline Dante

.... its a lot simpler than i thought unless you use fraps and wegame. damn wegame making it so i cant hear sounds.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

Has anyone actually tried this?

Offline Dante

Yahhh. Johhny question you cant do replays in TTT like warcraft so are we just suppose to burn memory recording every single round till we are rdmed?

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

Re: JohnCyKlopZ's User-Friendly Guide to Getting RDM/Trolling/Hacking Evidence
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
You can bind "record evidence1" to one key and "stop" to another key and keep using the two until you finally do get RDMed.

I can't find a better way to explain that. D:

Offline Remscar

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
I added Method 2, since pictures tell 1000 words.
Part of my pride was dead the second that you talked to me
And I knew that no matter what lied ahead you wouldn't walk with me
So alone I traveled

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal