Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm out  (Read 5831 times)

Offline DBag

I'm out
« on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »
In-Game Name: I only have one name, read it

Which server(s) are you resigning from?: Hidden, even though you never gave me back the forum title for it.

Steam ID: I'm resigning I don't see why this is needed

Reason for resignation: You have no idea how to properly run servers. You did not set up the make shift sourcebans correctly so half of us can't do our duties. You have no idea how to fix the hidden servers that are breaking as I am typing this. You would not take my help when I offered it to you, even though I said I would relinquish all power after I was done, and I feel bad for those who choose to stick around when they could just as easily be running servers themselves, more efficiently I might add, for just a few bucks a day. That is all.

Temporary?: I have my own Hidden Servers so No
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Ozborne

Re: I'm out
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »
I liked you, I am sad to see you leaving the community. I understand what you might have against the community for not staying standing very well as of now. It is hard on Inject to keep up everything, as of the Sourcebans issue it was out of his hands and he had not control over whether or not it stayed or went back up.  Sorry for the grammar issues, I am typing this from my phone and I am very pleased to say I won't exactly miss you due to you disrespecting the community. Though I understand you and I have different opinions!

King Regards,

Ozborne

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »

Offline Red

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »
I liked you, I am sad to see you leaving the community. I understand what you might have against the community for not staying standing very well as of now. It is hard on Inject to keep up everything, as of the Sourcebans issue it was out of his hands and he had not control over whether or not it stayed or went back up.  Sorry for the grammar issues, I am typing this from my phone and I am very pleased to say I won't exactly miss you due to you disrespecting the community. Though I understand you and I have different opinions!
It's stood this strong for a while now, which is to say, not strong at all xP.
Anyways, sourcebans is relatively easy to setup, I wonder if the tables were saved when the original sourcebans went down. Inject I recommend linking the temporary sourcebans to the sourcebans tab on the forums. I dunno, what DBag posted wasn't disrespectful xD, the hidden servers are indeed going to the crows and nothing seems to have been done as of late. =P

Best of luck DBag, I'll see you someday!
Prolly later today, but you know.. peace~
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 08:32:39 PM »
Reason for resignation: You have no idea how to properly run servers.

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline DBag

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
I stand by everything I have said. So I harbor no ill feelings toward this community. My spite is directed mostly at inject. if you really take a look he doesn't know how to run servers. I have no idea what has been done, nothing I am assuming, but the hidden servers are almost unplayable. Now let me elaborate now, the servers are having massive lag issues. By that I mean someone like me that has a 20 to 30 ping is getting jump lagged, I literally teleport in game. I did not have the appropriate powers on some of the servers, those being 4, 3, and no addban on 2, this enraged me because I could have banned 4 hackers in a 3 day time span. Sourcebans has not been set up properly, I know this because I run a sourceban site myself. As for Inject being weighed down by all of the work load, I offered my help. Hell I even told him straight up that I didn't even want to keep the power after I was done. I was ignored, no answer to my request. Now I don't feel like I have to explain anything but I am doing so out of kindness so that I can hopefully convince everyone to go off and make bigger and better servers, communities, and also build a knowledge base on how to do the things. I am more than happy to help with anyone that endeavors down that road. But as far as I am concerned CG is broken, there are 2 community leaders, no Head Admins, and Inject basically pays out of pocket to keep this place running. In my mind it is done. Thank you for reading, if you have anymore comments toward me you may find me on steam, do not post them here because I want this thread to be closed soon and my admin powers taken away.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:27:31 AM by DBag »
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
Are you off your rocker mate?

Try asking someone why things are broken before freaking out. I can't activity fix anything when no one tells me that something is wrong. I've said this a thousand times. Don't forget I keep CG alive for free as a hobby. I don't get paid and it's a good amount of work. At the same time I have to dish money out of pocket to keep it alive half the time. Which I can't always do.

Fact is no one donates. We have 1 member who donates which sometimes simply isn't enough. Due to this LACK OF FUNDING, we lost the host that runs our sourcebans. THUS Sourcebans is down. Running a community isn't free. It doesn't full it self off of love and fairy dust.

Why should you have a right to complain when you have never donated? That's not to say you haven't helped the community in other ways. I am aware of your help when wooley went awall, which I am thankful for, but I can't very much sit there and say that this is just given the above issues. If you wanted quality results perhaps you should have considered donating.

I'm aware sourcebans is down. Fixing things however... isn't free. I don't currently have a Job at a level that can actively support CG. I do my best, but with out donations and 24 hours a day servitude towards CG, everything can't get done in t minus 3 seconds.

As for free sourcebans hosting alternatives.... there is none. I've looked high and low, and so far none work. Freehosting doesn't have the correct ports open, our current hosting doesn't either, etc etc. I'm moving as quick as I can to find the most affordable alternative that CG can afford at this time. I'm sorry if my expediency is an issue for you. I do have others things to do.

Sorry to see you go, but as explained above.... shit happens donations don't.

It's stood this strong for a while now, which is to say, not strong at all xP.
Anyways, sourcebans is relatively easy to setup, I wonder if the tables were saved when the original sourcebans went down. Inject I recommend linking the temporary sourcebans to the sourcebans tab on the forums. I dunno, what DBag posted wasn't disrespectful xD, the hidden servers are indeed going to the crows and nothing seems to have been done as of late. =P

Best of luck DBag, I'll see you someday!
Prolly later today, but you know.. peace~
All previous permabans were saved, I didn't have accuses to the SQL tables, and so I was unable to ever obtain them. I've yet to get a temporary Sbans online, XAMP wont run on my machine as my modem gobbles up port 80 due to it being my ISP's restrictive POS. Yes I know how to port forward. XAMP also wont run on our main box, it conflicts with our control panel.

As far as Dbags post being disrespectful... I think it's pretty ill thought out in terms of having a real understanding of the world.

I stand by everything I have said. So I harbor no ill feelings toward this community. My spite is directed mostly at inject. if you really take a look he doesn't know how to run servers. I have no idea what has been done, nothing I am assuming, but the hidden servers are almost unplayable. Now let me elaborate now, the servers are having massive lag issues. By that I mean someone like me that has a 20 to 30 ping is getting jump lagged, I literally teleport in game. I did not have the appropriate powers on some of the servers, those being 4, 3, and no addban on 2, this enraged me because I could have banned 4 hackers in a 3 day time span. Sourcebans has not been set up properly, I know this because I run a sourceban site myself. As for Inject being weighed down by all of the work load, I offered my help. Hell I even told him straight up that I didn't even want to keep the power after I was done. I was ignored, no answer to my request. Now I don't feel like I have to explain anything but I am doing so out of kindness so that I can hopefully convince everyone to go off and make bigger and better servers, communities, and also build a knowledge base on how to do the things. I am more than happy to help with anyone that endeavors down that road. But as far as I am concerned CG is broken, there are 2 community leaders, no Head Admins, and Inject basically pays out of pocket to keep this place running. In my mind it is done. Thank you for reading, if you have anymore comments toward me you may find me on steam, do not post them here because I want this thread to be closed soon and my admin powers taken away.

"SOURCEBANS IS EASY TO SETUP"
Well, yes as it is also easy to eat a pie, if one is provided. The fact it we don't have one provided. I'm not retraded. I'm aware how to set it up. No host to setup on however.

"By that I mean someone like me that has a 20 to 30 ping is getting jump lagged, I literally teleport in game."
DDoS Probably. It's pretty rampat in Hidden.

"CG IS broken"
No, CG was always broken. This is the road to fix it. A slow one with huge delays but a road no less. I have huge family issues and being the only active CL that will slow things down to a grind. But you forget, CG is a free public open community. Nothing is holding you. So don't complain.

And with that. I have explained my self.
Lets not forget I more then 1 issue. The forum is randomly missing all BBC tags and Emotes now. So I gota look into why that magically vanished.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal