Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Would you buy a CG shirt?

Totes, I love the idea!
27 (81.8%)
Nope, not a chance.
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: January 05, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

Author Topic: Shirts for Conjoint?  (Read 10775 times)

Offline RalphORama

Shirts for Conjoint?
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »
Hey everyone, I saw and commented on this in the most recent news post, but I thought I'd make a thread here as well to get more opinions on the subject.

Basically, according to the meeting notes, there was some discussion on selling Conjoint-related shirts. Since I've had experience with selling community-related merch before, I thought I'd elaborate on the idea and make some suggestions. Here's what I said in the other thread:

I see the idea of T-Shirts were discussed, and I'd be happy to help out setting up a shirt shop for Conjoint.
I've done something similar for the last gaming community I was part of, we used Spreadshirt and recruited designs from our art board. Shirts were generally $20, making about $3-$5 each and had designs on them relating to community in-jokes and logos.
If we did the design recruiting thing I'd recommend accepting designs in a dedicated board, and figuring out a way to pay the artist ~ 50% of the profits from the shirts a month.

So I'm asking you guys: What do you think of the prospect of a CG merch setup? I'd be happy to get everything working and include all the CLs and whatever in running it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:28:24 PM by RalphORama »

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Shirts for Conjoint?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
As in prev post:

I see the idea of T-Shirts were discussed, and I'd be happy to help out setting up a shirt shop for Conjoint.
I've done something similar for the last gaming community I was part of, we used Spreadshirt and recruited designs from our art board. Shirts were generally $20, making about $3-$5 each and had designs on them relating to community in-jokes and logos.
If we did the design recruiting thing I'd recommend accepting designs in a dedicated board, and figuring out a way to pay the artist ~ 50% of the profits from the shirts a month.

That would actually be pretty damn good. I'd love to help out with some designs. As would some others here. And with a ~50% cut it would definitely help everyone involved.

Would love to help make some shirts, both CG centered, and different designs.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
Would love to help make some shirts, both CG centered, and different designs.

Sweet! Also, I should say that they don't have to be CG-related specifically, it could be used as a portal for CG members to get their designs out in the world and make a little dosh doing so.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »
The problem we've had with shirts in the past is cost. 

Even $20 is a bit steep for something like a CG shirt, unless somehow we get ridiculously good designs that look so amazing people decide they want to pay $20 for it

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »

Even $20 is a bit steep for something like a CG shirt, unless somehow we get ridiculously good designs that look so amazing people decide they want to pay $20 for it
I do know there's a limit on how low prices can get on SS, but we could even sell some (or all) shirts for no premium (and thus little gain) for about $16 such as one of my favorite YouTubers does.

Offline crovv

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »

I do know there's a limit on how low prices can get on SS, but we could even sell some (or all) shirts for no premium (and thus little gain) for about $16 such as one of my favorite YouTubers does.

We could also just set up a shop site from CG's website and use a printing company such as:

http://www.jakprints.com/all-over-shirt-printing/
http://www.customink.com/

If we use one of these and order something like 50 shirts at a time, we could get prices around $9-16 each shirt, and sell them for $15-20 each. I'm not sure what the prices for SpreadShirt are, but I found this: http://www.spreadshirt.com/volume-discount-vs-bulk-t-shirts-C6873.

So. Just some looking into we could use.

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
Customink is nice, but only for bulk orders of 30+ shirts.
I think we'd have to do limited runs of stuff to keep prices down, which wouldn't necessarily be bad, we'd just have to hit that 30+ mark to keep prices low.

That being said, if we could be at least 75% sure we'd hit that mark, I don't see the problem with doing sales like that.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
I think bracelets would be cool, I would definitely buy one.

Shirts seem a little too, expensive and I don't think many people would buy em. I wouldn't wear it personally :P.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I didn't read any of the posts above, have to go in like 5 minutes.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
I think bracelets would be cool, I would definitely buy one.

Shirts seem a little too, expensive and I don't think many people would buy em. I wouldn't wear it personally :P.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I didn't read any of the posts above, have to go in like 5 minutes.

Then is there really any point posting now? ¬,¬

You don't even know what will be on offer. And yeah, prices are a bit wonky, but this is what the thread's for, to find a good price range.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 05:57:08 PM »
I guess I should have waited but still..

bracelets would be 'mazing.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Billy

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
Customink is nice, but only for bulk orders of 30+ shirts.
I think we'd have to do limited runs of stuff to keep prices down, which wouldn't necessarily be bad, we'd just have to hit that 30+ mark to keep prices low.

That being said, if we could be at least 75% sure we'd hit that mark, I don't see the problem with doing sales like that.

Once we get a design and stuff, have people preorder shirts, so you have an idea of how many you'd need to get? If it's 30+ go with customink, if not go with somewhere else?
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline crovv

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 06:02:09 PM »
Once we get a design and stuff, have people preorder shirts, so you have an idea of how many you'd need to get? If it's 30+ go with customink, if not go with somewhere else?

I like this. Preorders would give us a sense of scale per shirt design, so we could get the best deal for each shirt.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
This'd work very well. Can't click on the links atm. But if you could find a template, us creative people could make some stuff. I'm willing to make some T-shirt designs.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:17:40 PM by Leetgrain »
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
I'd be willing to try out making a shirt design.

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
Crovv posted earlier that Spreadshirt would do bulk orders for cheap, so if we could get at least 12 people to preorder, we'd get 15% off. After that, price would depend on colors, type of shirt, and shipping. I'll make a mockup with the CG logo to check costs, but after that all we'd need to worry about would be hitting the 12-person mark.

Hell, if we could get 50 preorders, the shirts would be like $7 each, before shipping.

Edit: Looks like shirts are about $18 apice if I individually make them with the CG logo, that'd be $15 each after the discount (before shipping and taxes). I did find the old Conjoint shop, looks like prices are pretty steep there. If we did limited runs with preorders, I'm pretty sure we could get prices way down.

Edit 2: Holy hell, I forgot how nice spreadshirt is. For a shirt designed on 100% pre-shrunk cotton and an image with a few colors, the shirts are only $16. Note that this is before shipping, but damn, that's cheap.
(Assuming you live in the US, shipping is $4.50, bringing the price for a shirt up to $20)

Edit 3: What about my shirt?
I'd be willing to try out making a shirt design.
Us creative people could make some stuff. I'm willing to make some T-shirt designs.
All I need for a design is a PNG or JPG that's about 1000x1000 (dimensions can vary, but that's what it should be roughly). It has to have a transparent background and you need to use 5 colors at the most. Other than that, go ahead and create some stuff, I'll throw it up on the shop to see what the prices look like.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:00:49 PM by RalphORama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal