Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii U failing (Part Deux)  (Read 26652 times)

Offline Old Crow

Wii U failing (Part Deux)
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

Re: Wii U failing (Part Deux)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »
She'll be fine when the next wave of games comes out, once Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 drop it'll be nuts.

Seriously, I would have bought the original Wii only for Mario Kart Wii but there were already a ton of good games by that time, WiiU doesnt have that advantage they've got like 2 good games until smash bros and mario kart come out

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
She'll be fine when the next wave of games comes out, once Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 drop it'll be nuts.

Seriously, I would have bought the original Wii only for Mario Kart Wii but there were already a ton of good games by that time, WiiU doesnt have that advantage they've got like 2 good games until smash bros and mario kart come out

Its going to die before then, and even so how many more sales will that push? Not enough to catch up to PS4/XBone. Nintendo either needs to accept that the U is a failure and move on, or stop making consoles.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »
Ok here's the point everyone seems to miss.

Why does Nintendo need to sell more than Microsoft and Sony?  Failure would mean they lost money but they are still making a ton of money, just slower/less than Microsoft and Sony.

I don't like the WiiU but saying that they need to catch up to the other consoles is foolish, you don't need to be the best to be successful Crow.  If that's true, then all our servers have been failures the entire time CG has existed :P

The thing I like about Nintendo right now is they aren't getting caught up in the competition, they are making the games they want the way they want to, and they are still making money, not giving a fuck about Microsoft and Sony.  I don't like them enough to buy a WiiU, but saying they are a failure because they don't make as much (still has the best handheld consoles on the market BTW) as the competition is an exaggeration at best.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
This isn't about the DS, this is about the WiiU,

Now read this from the article:
analysts are confidently predicting that Nintendo will fail to meet its projected sales target of 9 million consoles by the end of 2013. They’re also predicting profit projections will be missed, and that it will only ever sell a quarter of the number of units its predecessor

So what does that mean? Fewer profits, fewer market shares, and less proliferation with third parties, who always jump ship off a dying console. Last time I checked, you don't just take a small corner of the market and hold steady, because at the end of the day others will simply swoop in and take the rest, which is what Sony and MS are doing.

There is no argument that Nintendos first party titles are great, but where is Zelda? How far out is the next one? Where is Metroid? Mario Kart 8 will probably be a rehash, and the next Smash isn't going to suddenly sell WiiU's like crazy. Consider that both PS4 and XBone haven't released their flagship series, how many consoles will they sell then? How about Fallout 4, that's not going to be on the WiiU, how many console gamers are going to grab a next gen for that?

This whole argument that" Nintendo is doing what they want" doesn't hold good if your falling behind. The WiiU has zero features that warrant a purchase, and its as simple as waiting for the price to drop to get any games from them but even then, same old Mario, same old party titles, same old Smash gets.....well old.

and "not giving a fuck about Microsoft and Sony". You have that in reverse, its Sony and MS that don't give any fucks about Nintendo, while they laugh their way to the bank. Sure Nintendo isn't in any sort of red situation, but in terms of investment they are in shambles, and that leads only to one road.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »
I'm curious why you're so obsessed with this, did a Nintendo console molest you as a child?  This isn't exactly the Sega Dreamcast here.

As long as their handhelds keep kicking ass (which just got a brand new Zelda game last week by the way, since you asked) I don't see how they would go under :P

They rushed the WiiU out too soon after the Wii which was a mistake, honestly I don't even care if they put out a new one, but if they do hopefully they've learned from the goof and take enough time to make something actually interesting next time.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »
I was actually gonna buy A wii u because of the Monster Hunter Game and Otherz that is coming with it. Nintendo Doesn't really need to try and compete with Sony and MS because it sells more or less family, casual, and regular gamez. Where as in the other system like Sony and MS are trying to compete because they basically have the same games with basically the same thingz. They are trying to have a console fight between each other. Which is why you have a crud load of people buying XB and Sony because it is mostly hardcore gamez waiting all year with their hard earned cash to buy it. In some reportz why people didn't buy the Wii U was because they heard that the systems had a rough area of when they were going to be released which then prompted people to save money for the system because they are absolutely are expensive. I wanted to get the PS4 but prolly another time which is my plan.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
I was actually gonna buy A wii u because of the Monster Hunter Game and Otherz that is coming with it. Nintendo Doesn't really need to try and compete with Sony and MS because it sells more or less family, casual, and regular gamez. Where as in the other system like Sony and MS are trying to compete because they basically have the same games with basically the same thingz. They are trying to have a console fight between each other. Which is why you have a crud load of people buying XB and Sony because it is mostly hardcore gamez waiting all year with their hard earned cash to buy it. In some reportz why people didn't buy the Wii U was because they heard that the systems had a rough area of when they were going to be released which then prompted people to save money for the system because they are absolutely are expensive. I wanted to get the PS4 but prolly another time which is my plan.

Ah but here is where the casual argument goes. Both the PS4 and XBone have been touted as an all in one place for movies, TV, games and everything else. Both are getting many indie titles and there are enough games for the entire family to play on them once their library's come about. That leaves the WiiU with truly a kiddie focus. So sure, some perfect American family that has a mother, father, and two kids, one boy, one girl aged 9 and 11 will be able to play a WiiU, but at the end of the day most consumers will go for the all in one approach then buying a WiiU solely for their nonexistant kids.

And why buy a WiiU when you can pick up the casual friendly Wii at dirt cheap prices. Hell, some people won't be buying a WiiU because outside some titles, it does the same damn thing.

Lastly, Chris don't you soil the Dreamcast while mentioning Nintendo! I'm so hard on them because I want them to actually move on and do something, not dwaddle in the past for 5 more years then shut down their console divions. Think about it, an HD Pokemon MMO, or even if it were just Pokemon HD. So much potential lost because some old guy in Japan calls the shots.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »

Ah but here is where the casual argument goes. Both the PS4 and XBone have been touted as an all in one place for movies, TV, games and everything else. Both are getting many indie titles and there are enough games for the entire family to play on them once their library's come about. That leaves the WiiU with truly a kiddie focus. So sure, some perfect American family that has a mother, father, and two kids, one boy, one girl aged 9 and 11 will be able to play a WiiU, but at the end of the day most consumers will go for the all in one approach then buying a WiiU solely for their nonexistant kids.

And why buy a WiiU when you can pick up the casual friendly Wii at dirt cheap prices. Hell, some people won't be buying a WiiU because outside some titles, it does the same damn thing.

Lastly, Chris don't you soil the Dreamcast while mentioning Nintendo! I'm so hard on them because I want them to actually move on and do something, not dwaddle in the past for 5 more years then shut down their console divions. Think about it, an HD Pokemon MMO, or even if it were just Pokemon HD. So much potential lost because some old guy in Japan calls the shots.
A Pokemon MMO will not happen for a long time, possibly even never. Nitendo and Gamefreak have both stated this.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »

If you are trying to compare that the new thingz on Sony and Micro are different then they were before, they are not. They do the same dam thing that they did before with a shinier polish. As for the indie gamez thing. Most Indie games nowa dayz are kinda a waste because of the constant unfinished product they try to sell to the public. Only a handful has actually made great strides. I mean most of these games that are coming out on the Sony and Micro, are just the same game that were released on the console before this. Movies such as netflix are done on all systemz pretty much, and for TV shows that is basically a step backwardz because in todayz media people want TV on demand not some dam wait for this episode crap. It won't be surprising if MS or Sony pull something off that will make you pay a fee or subscription to such thingz.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
Nintendo never gave a fuck about competing with Sony and Microsoft. After they wiped the floor with their sales for the Wii, which sold far more than the other consoles combined, they really stopped giving a fuck. They haven't done anything that makes me believe they're trying to sell more than others.

I don't understand their tactic in deploying the WiiU early, but like I said before I'm almost 100% sure they saw ALL of this coming. I doubt they released the console and had no idea games weren't ready for it.

Perhaps they knew the sooner they get the console out there, the sooner games will actually be developed for their console. While most new games for Xbox and PS4 are essentially ideas built for the last gen that were reworked into new gen graphics.

Games like Super Smash Bros, Yarn Yoshi, 3D Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Lego City Undercover, Pikman 3, Upcoming Zelda title + Wind Waker HD, Dragon Quest X remake, and Mario Kart 8 will be MORE than enough for me. I can't even afford all those titles alone, along with all the titles Nintendo has yet to announce. There are many other non-exclusives like Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, Infamous and others on the WiiU too, with beautiful graphics and great controls.

The system won't die, if anything people will continue to talk shit about how awful it is for the entirety of it's existence like they did the Wii; and that's fine with me. Doesn't stop the console from being awesome, even with the four games I own I still play it almost every day and anytime I have company everyone wants to play Mario or Black Ops2; and when I have Mario Kart and all the other fun games I'll have literally nothing to complain about. I still hardly have anything to complain about now, I know the good games are coming and I have no problem with waiting.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
So to begin the numbers game

Wii U-4 million (1 year)
XBone-1.2 million (Two weeks)
PS4-2.0 million (three weeks)

More to come and my rebuttal when I get home.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »
So to begin the numbers game

Wii U-4 million (1 year)
XBone-1.2 million (Two weeks)
PS4-2.0 million (three weeks)

More to come and my rebuttal when I get home.

Why does Nintendo need to sell more than Microsoft and Sony?  Failure would mean they lost money but they are still making a ton of money, just slower/less than Microsoft and Sony.

I don't like them enough to buy a WiiU, but saying they are a failure because they don't make as much (still has the best handheld consoles on the market BTW) as the competition is an exaggeration at best.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Market share Chris, that is why. Not selling consoles, not making money. They are still awash with money, give it a year or two and they could be in the red.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
Red, I expect to be put on the board once you get your hands on it...
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM
  • Inject OH 4: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/323969454050377729/871930017595133963/unknown.png
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:45 PM
  • Inject OH 4: @SlowLefty I'll look into it.
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:02 PM
  • Ghast: Hope everyone from CG is doing well. :)
    June 25, 2021, 10:38:49 AM
  • Ghast: damn, inject still has this site running eh.
    June 25, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
  • SlowLefty: The javascript for the updated user agreement is broken, I had to use html inspector to add the submit button.
    April 16, 2021, 10:09:58 PM
  • JohnCyKlopZ: hey guys
    March 31, 2021, 08:45:24 AM
  • Mercy: Lol it's been 10 years since you last asked
    March 24, 2021, 01:18:52 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal