Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concerning the Rules  (Read 5011 times)

Offline forumguy69

Concerning the Rules
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
Before I begin this rant, I'd like to thank the team behind TTT for getting the VIP perks and other various custom add-ons up and running. I have noticed the server being a bit more lively and want to continue to see it improve. To help maintain / grow our TTT community I think another step should be taken and that's improving / revising the rules.

I'd like to see the useless/unnecessarily punishing rules removed or revised. So please post below what rules you think should be changed.

One I can think of right now is slaying people who have less then 2 kills when the round ends. This confuses new players when they ask why they were slain, and makes them mad and leave. Then they will go to another server and live happily ever after.

In my opinion, this rule should just be straight up removed. I'm pretty impatient and want rounds to be fast but they are only 8 minutes (Thank god, haste mode way too long). If someone delays we should just tell them to be a little faster, they should not have to sit out a round.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:08:53 PM by forumguy69 »

Offline HerpDerpMike

Re: Concerning the Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
Pre-round RDM slays. Very strict, unneeded. Lots of players argue and new players are confused.

I suggest we remove the rule, or atleast give the player like 2 warnings, its completely unnecessary..

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
It's pretty strict; I don't like it the way it is currently. I say one warning, and if they do it again, that's when this rule comes into action.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »
I edited my post because it was like all bold, don't know how that got by me. Anyways I think once we remove unnecessary rules we need to shorten our rules too people don't like huge text walls.

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
Pre-round RDM slays. Very strict, unneeded. Lots of players argue and new players are confused.

I suggest we remove the rule, or atleast give the player like 2 warnings, its completely unnecessary..
No pre round rdm should stay since you cost another player time and possibly weapons. Hell you might even cost them a round because you could make them spawn infront of a Traitor where they die instantly.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »
Boohoo, they if they get killed preround they spawn in like 10 seconds or less. Plus, losing weapons, really? Theres a 1,000,000 weapons on the map.

Offline Dante

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
Boohoo, they if they get killed preround they spawn in like 10 seconds or less. Plus, losing weapons, really? Theres a 1,000,000 weapons on the map.
Lets say it is crummy craddle. They get prop killed or knocked off the map losing their sniper. Then they wait 10 seconds, spawn and a Traitor goes crazy mowing him and several others down and they have no way to defend themselves because someone killed them pre-round. Not to mention the only ways to kill people pre round is by knocking them off to their death using props, activating traps on them, or prop killing them.  Also Herp then you get problems where people are killed at 1 second in and the person who killed them claims they tried to do it before the round started and he died when it did, or you knock them off and the round starts with them falling to their death.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
Lets say it is crummy craddle. They get prop killed or knocked off the map losing their sniper. Then they wait 10 seconds, spawn and a Traitor goes crazy mowing him and several others down and they have no way to defend themselves because someone killed them pre-round. Not to mention the only ways to kill people pre round is by knocking them off to their death using props, activating traps on them, or prop killing them.  Also Herp then you get problems where people are killed at 1 second in and the person who killed them claims they tried to do it before the round started and he died when it did, or you knock them off and the round starts with them falling to their death.
Yeah.. thats not preround.. obviously if it continues into the round its a slay. I just find it absurd how if they get prop killed then the person gets slayed. And 9/10, a traitor wont start shooting right as the round starts.

So, if someones pre-round kill affects their round (getting killed instantly) we should give the person a warning.

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Yeah.. thats not preround.. obviously if it continues into the round its a slay. I just find it absurd how if they get prop killed then the person gets slayed. And 9/10, a traitor wont start shooting right as the round starts.

So, if someones pre-round kill affects their round (getting killed instantly) we should give the person a warning.
Derp theres a gung hoe T like every 5 rounds.

And let me put it this way. How does letting people prop kill pre-round benefit the server, cause less drama and make the admins jobs easier?

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »
Its easier because pre-round kills don't show up in logs, and its just useless. It's not like it happends every round, and its a bit harsh imo. Benefits? We're trying to make the rules a bit easier on the players to make it more fun, thats how it benefits the server.

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
Its easier because pre-round kills don't show up in logs, and its just useless. It's not like it happends every round, and its a bit harsh imo. Benefits? We're trying to make the rules a bit easier on the players to make it more fun, thats how it benefits the server.
To me that makes no sense and it looks like it will cause more problems than it solves.

Offline mjb627

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
Like Dante said killing pre round could cost time for the player and weapons, but I think that their should at least be warnings. Because if there were no warnings or slay then everyone would be killing each other with props and such pre round.

Offline Billy

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
I hate being killed during preround, especially in maps like rooftops, and I have a rifle. Now it's gone. That shit sucks.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
It's not gone, lol. Barely anyone reads the rules.. once we tell them its slayable they are all confused.

It just seems harsh, you don't think warnings are fair?

Offline mjb627

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
It's not gone, lol. Barely anyone reads the rules.. once we tell them its slayable they are all confused.

It just seems harsh, you don't think warnings are fair?
Giving warnings would soften the rule a little.
Also, we could remove some rules that apply to the Golden Gun unless it's being added.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal