Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why Tekkit is Good and You Should Play it {Formerly 'Info About the Server'}  (Read 1901 times)

Offline RalphORama

This is a thread on Tekkit Classic, the modpack my server uses. In it you can find everything you will ever need to know about why you should play on the Tekkit server with me.

Contents:
  • What is Tekkit Classic, and why should I play it?
  • How do I get the Tekkit Classic?
  • How do I connect to the server?
  • What are the rules for the server?

â–  Why Tekkit Classic kicks copious amounts of ass:

First and foremost: No Gregtech

I know right? It's actually easy to get places and make stuff with this modpack. You can be productive, and not have to craft your way around steaming mounts of auxiliary items and rare stones to make, say, a solar panel. Instead of taking roughly two point five billion years to work your way up to an industrial blast furnace, all you need is a couple circuits, glass, and some coal dust. You don't even need diamonds to make a macerator!

So you may be saying, "Ralph, I like where you're going with this 'No Gregtech' thing. Is there anything else you can tell me that would make me an even happier person?
Spoiler for Answer:
There is.

As much as no Gregtech makes Tekkit Classic look like a diamond in the rough, there's something even better: Equivalent Exchange 2. Not 3, 2. This is the version of EE that lets you flat out dupe items, not the weak-ass EE3 that nerfed everything. Take a look at the Tekkit Classic wiki page on the Energy Condenser:

The Energy Condenser converts items with EMC values into other items with EMC values. The top-left slot is where the item to be duplicated is placed. Then, any item put in its other 91 Inventory slots will be converted into the the target item, should there be enough EMC. Condensers can also use EMC created from adjacent Antimatter Relays and Energy Collectors.

This basically means any not-Buildcraft or Industiralcraft item can be converted into a different item. After you get your first energy condenser, you basically have free reign to convert all your cobblestone into stone using no fuel, and at no loss. That's right, sweetcheeks. You can convert cobblestone to stone at a 1:1 ratio at no cost.

Now suppose the thought of cobble => stone excites you. You can do this with every raw material in the game. Not always at a 1:1 ratio, but free stuff, nonetheless.

On top of all this juicy goodness, you have standard versions of almost every mod in FTB/Tekkit. Buildcraft, Industrialcraft, Computercraft (my personal favorite), Redpower, and lots more.

â–  Ok, I'm hooked, but my peasant mind has no idea how to get this godlike modpack whose description has made me cream my jeans 3 times in the past 5 minutes.

Don't worry darlin', Ralph has you covered, just follow these 3 easy steps:

• Go to the Technic Launcher download page and get it for your OS.
  • Log in, and scroll down through the modpack list on the right until you find Tekkit Classic
Spoiler for What it should look like:
  • Click Play.

â–  I did it! Now I want to play on your alluring server with its sexy map and plugins.

Slow down, cowboy. First you're gonna have to apply for a slot in the whitelist over at this thread. To be whitelisted you gotta have 20 posts on the forums and also have an account that's in good standing on MCbans. Tekkit Classic's downside is that all its awesomeness manifests in the fact that it's easy to greif, with nukes, Nova Catalysts, and Tesla coils. I don't want no butt monkey coming on my server and slapping my shit, so there's a whitelist. Hope you understand <3

â–  Being a butt monkey sounds terrible! What do I do if I don't want't my shit slapped by the banhammer?

Easy. Follow these rules (which can be accessed any time on the server by using /rules):
  • Don't be a griefing, trolling, flaming, 'le trole faec' asshat. Easy peasy.
  • Don't spam chat / tp requests.
  • Don't use the following items, ever, at all. You will be banned immediately if you do.
Spoiler for Hidden:
  • TNT, Nukes, Nova Catalyst or Cataclysm, or Industrial TNT
  • Don't greif, steal, scam, or modify anyone's work without their permission.
  • Don't sass the Mods/Admins

â–  Are we done? Can I have a TL;DR?

Sure.
TL;DR:
  • Tekkit Classic kicks ass and chews gum, except it's a modpack so it can't chew gum.
  • Get the Technic Launcher to get Tekkit Classic
  • Apply for whitelisting here (20 posts or more)
  • Don't be a little piece of shit once you get on the server.
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:37:35 PM by ÉŒed »

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
    IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
    IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
    IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Pillz

Beautiful post, 10/10.

It's the easiest thing to set up and when you exit and load the normal Minecraft launcher everything goes back to normal. Just be sure to always run the Technic launcher first.

http://tekkitclassic.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started

Basic tutorial on crafting and what to do with Tekkit.
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:06:07 AM by Pillz »
    This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal