Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concerning the TTT server  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Concerning the TTT server
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
The jihad bomb is a degenerate item that will only increase the amount of traitor on traitor RDM, and lead to more people being buttangry over losing their t round. Thats why it was never added to our server, even when we had one of the highest rank TTT servers, we never resorted to adding the jihad bomb. You know whats killing TTT off? There is hardly any replay value and we have no brand power/advertising power. CG stays on CG, and doesnt advertise on other sites, they don't go looking for members, they expect members to come to them. For the oldgaurd for the most part TTT is just becoming a stale game, I know thats why myself, Jorgen etc don't play it anymore. Its a stale game mode, which is the same beef I have with most of the servers we run; they are only source games and they are all collectively old with the exception of NMRIH, which nobody in the community ever seems to play.

Offline Muffins

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
If were on the topic of adding shit, we should just hurry up and add a point shop...And maybe in that point shop is only donator exclusive items. But to be honest we talk about all this great stuff that could fix our server but it never gets done! I'll believe all this when it happens.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
Sure, who wants to volunteer to step up and code it all while towersheep is away?

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
We have new, active, and productive CLs, shit will get done.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 07:25:34 PM »
We have new, active, and productive CLs, shit will get done.

How many of them know LUA to fix when porting the swep files doesn't go smoothly?

All I'm saying is that expecting everything to be fixed over night is kind of ridiculous guys. Theres a reason people take time to make small changes to things to watch it over time. You make too many changes too quickly and you can end up hurting it more than helping it.

Offline Blazyd

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »
On the subject of looser rules, I think they're just fine the way they stand now. Why do we need to loosen them up? That would only make it easier for people to RDM and get away with it, and for trolls to make everyone's time less enjoyable. It'll also make people not take our RDM punishments as seriously because we don't punish as severely for it.

When people join a new server, they should read the rules. Hell, they even click on that "I agree" button on our motd. Sure, 90% of them don't read it but when they click on "Agree" that means they've accepted our rules whether or not they actually read them which means if they break the rules, they're liable for punishment. I know we have a very extensive rule list covering nearly every aspect of RDM and gameplay rules that can be a lot to take in for new people, but it's there for a reason - everyone's well being.

Also, definitely this:

The jihad bomb is a degenerate item that will only increase the amount of traitor on traitor RDM, and lead to more people being buttangry over losing their t round. Thats why it was never added to our server, even when we had one of the highest rank TTT servers, we never resorted to adding the jihad bomb. You know whats killing TTT off? There is hardly any replay value and we have no brand power/advertising power. CG stays on CG, and doesnt advertise on other sites, they don't go looking for members, they expect members to come to them. For the oldgaurd for the most part TTT is just becoming a stale game, I know thats why myself, Jorgen etc don't play it anymore. Its a stale game mode, which is the same beef I have with most of the servers we run; they are only source games and they are all collectively old with the exception of NMRIH, which nobody in the community ever seems to play.

Jihad bombs are generally a terrible weapon for TTT. It requires no thought process or skill to use (things that traitors should be using) and causes a lot of unintended traitor buddy deaths by your jihad. Also, couldn't you just go in the barn on 67thway, charge up the jihad then go in the teleporter causing nearly everyone in the basement to die? I know we have a rule against doing that with C4.

Donator perks should also be added asap. They shouldn't be too gameplay altering either. In my opinion they should just be subtle things like colored smoke grenades or colored names in the TAB player list (though people would probably confuse them with being an admin.) Also perhaps adding a votekick/voteban/voteslay/votegag/votemute for trusted donators? This'll be so even if there's no admin around, a donator can do their best to stop trolls/mass rdm'ers.

my 2 cents

Someone stole my sweetroll - TowerSheep 8/7/12   â˜‚

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 01:48:21 AM »
I'd need a dedicated coder for a lot of the stuff you guys are asking for. Some of it can be down easily but I simply do not have the know-how or the time to learn how to do some stuff.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline mjb627

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
One thing we could do is on top of the TTT rules is, put in bold red letters please read so people might read it since it catches their eye.

Offline Red

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »
One thing we could do is on top of the TTT rules is, put in bold red letters please read so people might read it since it catches their eye.
Meh that might work for a few people but I know for a matter of fact that most people just see a wall of text (despite large red warnings) and say 'nope I don't feel like reading that'.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
Meh that might work for a few people but I know for a matter of fact that most people just see a wall of text (despite large red warnings) and say 'nope I don't feel like reading that'.

We could have it so you need to scroll down through the page and select a "I agree" checkbox. Making them have to scroll down through the rules to find and click it.
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »
make it so that on first join, the player HAS to read it fully, and as Rainbow said, accept an "I agree" checkbox, and once the player has seen it one, add their steamID to an exceptions list so that they don't have to click agree anymore.

And then, crack down harder on repeat offenders.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
Or we could simplifly the rules.

So on one of the best TTT servers, the rules bascially boil down to about ten lines of text. KISS (Keep it simple stupid)

That, combined with giving admins more leeaway with how they interpet the rules, or how they inforce them, would be better.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 09:35:21 PM »
Or we could simplifly the rules.

So on one of the best TTT servers, the rules bascially boil down to about ten lines of text. KISS (Keep it simple stupid)

That, combined with giving admins more leeaway with how they interpet the rules, or how they inforce them, would be better.

I don't really get the idea of how dumbing down the rules will make gameplay more enjoyable. Like others have already said, it just promotes RDM and trolling. Plus, all of those detailed rules were put there for a reason, many of them coming from players complaining that they should be there... why get rid of them if they were there to fix problems?

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
The crashes still empty the server pretty quickly. On days when the crashes are bad, we lose 5-10 people per crash, get repopulated a little, until we get down to 2-5 people and it's just not fun anymore.

The crashes are taking 5-10 people, but sometimes our ttt server is mostly empty during school hours from 8 am to 4 pm since most of the players come from North America and so on.

However, I do agree that we have to take action and keep the server populated, or fix the crash problem in order to keep our population up.

I suggest all of us take the duty of inviting friends ( admin or not), if you are part of the ttt community , you should take action like any steam player and invite more people, thus creating making use of this extravagant social gamer network that unites all players to the vast areas of our planet.

Second, I think we should limit our downloads and spare the lagg for others. I do not entirely know how the server functions in terms of online connection, but I do believe this has to do with player bandwidth usage and some lagg infested maps such as TTT_ALT BORDER that used to crash always.

Update: concerning the rules, I think it is a good idea to simplify them since it takes less time to read and gives the server more control over them by not spamming the bureaucratic shit all over the motd.

Experimentation is always key, we could put this update during the winter because less people play due to the holiday vacations and such. We could see if this ( simplification of the rules) helps the players understand them better or maybe causes rdm and more trolling. IMO
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:56:40 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »
I do know of a few people who have run a TTT server with donator perks and a point shop. When I get back from vacation, I'll see if they can help.

I am against a jihad bomb. However we did have the Golden Gun at one point. Maybe you could modify it so that it only has one shot, even if you shoot the wrong person.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal