Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZPS CRASH 1-15-2010  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Klondor

ZPS CRASH 1-15-2010
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »
Did it auto restart (restart automatically if you are unaware that anyone else did it):
No, Server looked like it was being hacked
What time did it occur (include your timezone please):
Midnight 1-15-2010 Alaska time
Which server was it (which game):
CTC ZPS
Was it during map change: (If so put was it from an rtv was it the end of time for a map and it switched or did an admin force switch it)
No
Did you experience any lag before it crashed:
No, server Immediately stop responding, tried rejoining from friends and also server was not present on  Game list.
Around how many players were on the server when it crashed:
Additional notes:
Server seemed to be attacked, 3 players continued to be unaffected an in-game even though every other player was forced out or there machine crashed. I went ahead and stopped the server and then re-booted it after a few minutes and nothing seemed to be going wrong with it after re-boot. I was un-able to ascertain who was behind the crash or if it indeed was due to malicious intent.
"Lets Go Bub"

Offline pwn3dl1fe

Re: ZPS CRASH 1-15-2010
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
It was not me :D

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
T'was mee!!!!

oh wait i don't know anything about hackin or been on the server lately....
 DAMNIT

Skieski

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »
Do you remember any names Klondor? You know, the guys that remained in the server while everybody was not affected?

How quickly did the server expell all its people?

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:41:59 PM »
So what you are saying is that the players crash out as in some players zps crashed? Cause a contradiction you made was that 3 ppl were unaffected by this but in what way if the server crashed immediately

Also this people yes give me a phrase from their names it will show up on the logs

It wasn't a ddos i checked the files for that we are clean it may be a command dump or it was a problem with the map

Nothing serious like what we used to catch when we had to reinstall everything

Just in case i am making a backup of the server since the last backup is from 11/11/09

Thank you JoJo and Klondor
both of you notified me which i greatly appreciate although i wish JoJo would have notified me on these forums but steam chat works as well

I am taking necessary precautions just in case

Offline Klondor

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »
Do you remember any names Klondor? You know, the guys that remained in the server while everybody was not affected?

How quickly did the server expell all its people?

No I wasn't able to see any names just that 3 people were logged, server was unresponsive. Everyone who was actually playing, was d/c.  I think I was one of the first to get d/c, Jojo's machine crashed on him. It was on subway and out of all the maps we use, I've never had a problem with that map so I don't think it was the cause.
sad thing was we had about 18-20 ppl playing on the server and after the re-boot the server died.
"Lets Go Bub"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal