Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question on using Macros to bhop  (Read 19891 times)

Offline RalphORama

Question on using Macros to bhop
« on: October 27, 2013, 03:04:39 AM »
So on the TTT server, bhopping is pretty sweet. Lotsa guys do it. Unfortunately, I'm crap at it.
I checked the rules and it didn't say anything on keyboard macros, but I thought I'd check just so I don't get banned. Here's what I would like to do:
I have a Razer keyboard, and Razer Synapse lets me set macros and bind them to keys. So in order to pro bhop, I could do something like pic related, and it would be roughly the same as binding jump to mousewheel and spamming that, instead it would be like my spacebar was my mousewheel spamming jump.

Would this be against the rules? It's not anything injected, and all it's doing is helping me to jump around the server and yuk it up.
Thanks!

I'd bind this to loop as long as I was pressing my spacebar.

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline HerpDerpMike

Re: Question on using Macros to bhop
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »
Thats the equivelent to a script if you ask me..

Btw, rules say something along the lines of "dont use anything that gives you advantages" so I'd say no.

Bhopping is more fun legit anyways, if you get it going then maybe you can join Dylan and I <3

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »
Btw, rules say something along the lines of "dont use anything that gives you advantages" so I'd say no.
Yeah, but does bhopping provide an advantage in any way? From what I've seen, it just makes you go marginally faster.

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
Yeah, but does bhopping provide an advantage in any way? From what I've seen, it just makes you go marginally faster.

Bunnyhopping can let you gain an extreme speed advantage, not just "Marginally faster" meaning if you were a traitor and someone was managing to get away from you, you'd have no problems catching up.

This also goes the same for if a traitor attacks you, I've seen it before where someone's getting attacked by the traitor and used Bunnyhopping to bullshit to safety.

Personally I see it as almost cheating, but definitely abusing a flaw in the source engine.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
Sounds like exploiting to me.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Obviously not Gopib

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
Its just an easier way to do it.
Not really cheating.
Come on give him a break.
The legit way requires practice, and he found an easy way around having to learn it, cheap, maybe, cheating, nah.

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Jeff the killer
(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Not clicking it
Snoop Doge: Jeff just wants to say nighty night...
(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Screeching into my soul is not saying "Nighty Night"
Snoop Doge: Is pretty damn close though
SCREAMER WARNING
Jeff the Killer(Nighty Night)

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
I remember solving the Bhop porblem by just removing the AirAccelerate (almost to 0) so they bhopers would not exceed the max limit but they can still use the maneuver

by Kwaurtz

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »
I remember solving the Bhop porblem by just removing the AirAccelerate (almost to 0) so they bhopers would not exceed the max limit but they can still use the maneuver

The bhop is already hard enough on Gmod. :| Most people don't even do it because its so hard to keep it going.. Its really just a few people including me

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
Not really cheating.
The legit way requires practice, and he found an easy way around having to learn it, cheap, maybe, cheating, nah.

He's using a bug in the games engine to give himself an unfair advantage.
I'd say that falls under cheating.

Most people don't even do it because its so hard to keep it going..

Or maybe people don't like doing it because it gives them an unfair advantage.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Ive heard little complaints on bhopping.

Either way, lots of people ask "how do you bhop"

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »
Not really cheating.

He's using a bug in the games engine to give himself an unfair advantage.
I'd say that falls under cheating.

Most people don't even do it because its so hard to keep it going..

Or maybe people don't like doing it because it gives them an unfair advantage.
Kind of missing the point here guys.
He saw people bhopping and since they were not punished assumed its not against the rules. He can't manually bhop so he is using Macros to bhop. And that's his question, "If people are bhoping manually am I allowed to use macros to get the same result?"
I need a new sig...

Offline Muffins

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »
This is basically the same as a script and scripts are basically cheats so yes i see this as a cheat and should not be allowed

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
Scripting and cheating are two different things. Scripts are manipulations of the servers variables via either a console command execution, or SQL injection directly into the game. What this program does is record your movements and allow you to play them. Its a common software on most 'gaming' keyboards, and is used quite often in CS:GO and CS:S. If it were truly a problem with the engine and valve saw it that way, they would have removed it years ago. Bhopping is not something that can get your source banned, using macros or otherwise, thus it is not really cheating. Servers can set the variables like Tower did in the past to counter bhopping if they wish, but in no way is this 'cheating'.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
Still, some terrible shot person might find it even harder now to kill people if they're all bhoppin'.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:36:36 PM »
Still, some terrible shot person might find it even harder now to kill people if they're all bhoppin'.
The best target to practice on is a moving target.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:36:36 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal