Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Regarding YouTube tag  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Old Crow

Regarding YouTube tag
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
So a few things to point out here since I've been asked this twice in two hours and I know I'll be getting more questions about this.

1- There are only going to be 3, maybe 4 managers for the YouTube channel. They will be the ones that shall take videos from anybody and funnel them onto the channel. They will also have the job of looking at the videos to make sure no rules are broken or anything is said out of bad taste, that check videos for quality etc. The people that I want for this job should be able to work well with everybody in CG, and be able to respond quickly to messages, PM's etc.

2- So I know I said something else earlier, but I'm going to make a special category for editors, because I think for the majority of people, both being an editor and manager will be a little of an overload, so there will be an editor category created for people that want to help edit videos. Again looking for people that work well with others, that can work with people that have complied raw footage but don't know how to edit it properly. This particular category will be based on skills. Since this is just starting up, I'm going to make the call there, but I will be asking random people their opinions on videos so I can base judgement not just off my own.

3- Other then that, everybody is free to jump in and help where ever they want to. You don't have to be in any kind of power to make videos, edit videos or anything in between, but they will go through some people to make sure the quality is up to par (and I use that loosely, obviously your video can be something completely random, but just don't make it look like it was edited by a 3rd grader, unless that was the intention) and that they follow rules. If you want to help anywhere, just ask!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

Re: Regarding YouTube tag
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »
Note: Manager does not mean director. Anybody can be a director and the only time I think if we  have any directors it will be for big projects or official projects. Directors would be appointed ad hoc for these projects.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
There are only going to be 3, maybe 4 managers for the YouTube channel. They will be the ones that shall take videos from anybody and funnel them onto the channel. They will also have the job of looking at the videos to make sure no rules are broken or anything is said out of bad taste, that check videos for quality etc.

Gewd idea, as they say, 'too many frycooks can spoil the meal' so with too many managers people would be stomping over each others' toes. 

Also glad we will have people 'quality checking' videos to make sure we don't violate our own OR youtube's rules and shoot ourselves on the foot with this thing.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline oobla37

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »
Yes, I can edit, and I would be willing to be a manager for the channel, if you are looking for signups.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Should you write up a managers list, just to stop any unneeded applicants, and to help people who want their videos uploaded/approved?
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »
Should you write up a managers list, just to stop any unneeded applicants, and to help people who want their videos uploaded/approved?

Gewd idea, a list with all the involved people to keep organized

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline crovv

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
I can edit. Already posted in the other thread, but I could show you my gaming channel if you want.

Ðeath.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 09:36:39 PM »
to make sure the quality is up to par (and I use that loosely, obviously your video can be something completely random, but just don't make it look like it was edited by a 3rd grader, unless that was the intention) and that they follow rules. If you want to help anywhere, just ask!

Bit more detail on this please? <:/ What exactly do you mean 'quality is up to par'?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 02:09:04 AM »
How do we or whomever decide managers?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline DBag

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
Yes all for this 
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 02:57:59 PM »

I would think that would be up to CLs to decide, maybe also including opinions/critique from people who do this kinda stuff a lot

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:32 PM »
I'll maybe make some video's idk.

Funny moments are useually the good ones.

Then Ill upload them to wetransfer.com and you can watch that shit.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »

I would think that would be up to CLs to decide, maybe also including opinions/critique from people who do this kinda stuff a lot

Yes its going to be up to the CL's, and Tic. Again people please read my description about manager, merely demanding for it out of the blue makes me just not want to consider people. Again there will only be maybe 3 or 4, and there is already one so that leaves 2 or 3 spots left.

Regarding quality, lets just say no ten second clips of somebody just say walking in TTT doing nothing. Like a movie, it should probably fall within some sort of genre, or a combo of genres.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:08:11 PM »
Let's plays, advertising, machinimas, informative videos and funny videos. 

Five categories that should work. I'll probably just help make videos idk if I'd want to manage but its an idea.

I really think CG could make a name for itself with YouTube and maybe get some donations and new players.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »

Yes its going to be up to the CL's, and Tic. Again people please read my description about manager, merely demanding for it out of the blue makes me just not want to consider people. Again there will only be maybe 3 or 4, and there is already one so that leaves 2 or 3 spots left.

Regarding quality, lets just say no ten second clips of somebody just say walking in TTT doing nothing. Like a movie, it should probably fall within some sort of genre, or a combo of genres.

Though, if you've got say a twenty minute video and there's only 1 moment that you think is really funny, even if it's a couple of seconds. Feel free to send it in, those short clips might not seem like they're worth a lot, but they spread like wildfire if they're funny enough.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal