Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Voice battery?

Yes
17 (40.5%)
No
25 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 17, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

Author Topic: Voice Battery  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

Voice Battery
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
So do you guys want the voice battery or not? Vote here and if you have an opinion worth stating then post it below.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline crovv

Re: Voice Battery
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »
In my opinion, the only drawbacks that I can think of are: not being able to use voice chat when you need to (ie: calling someone out, responding to questions), complaints from people who love to use the mic but don't spam, and new people not understanding that no one can hear them when the voice battery runs out (which is more of an inconvenience than anything, as admins/regulars would just have to repeat it thirty times before they understood).

It'd help with the mic spamming issue we have sometimes, and also make sure those alive talk more about the game than random stuff that gets in the way, leading to a cleaner, more interesting gameplay. Having to use the mic sparingly would mean traitors would have to work harder to have people believe them, and innocents that don't use binds would have trouble talking to their friends. Certain traitors would have problems, but certain innocents would, as well.

One question though: does it apply when dead, as well? Could we, perhaps, change this? I know a few regulars who like to talk after the round ends and have conversations and such, and I don't want it to be an inconvenience post-round, just during the round.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Honestly, I thought about this for a while.

The battery can cause people to complain and result in deaths sometimes. Admins can simply gag any mic spammers, right?

(I don't know if this is even possible) Or maybe code it so when the server finds that theres no admins on; the server activates the battery until an admin joins the game.

If this is possible, it would help reduce mic spam, and we dont have to annoy the admins and steam message them "get on, mic spammers"

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline oobla37

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
I played on a couple servers with it, and I just don't like it. I'm often very vocal in my game/admining of ttt, and this limits my ability to both play, and admin.
I vote no.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
I also vote no for a voice battery. It constricts the game far too much. I like ranting sometimes and talk to my friends on the server about stuff not related to the game. Makes it a lot harder to communicate to people too when you're admining as well. If I remember right, the voice battery is also very quick to use up, only about a sentence or two.

I haven't really seen an issue with mic spammers, maybe the occasional laughter across the mic but that's not really a big deal as they usually stop after an admin warning.

See, TTT is not a relaxing game, I've only been coming on because some of my friends are on, and I like to talk to them once in a while at all that jazz. Adding the voice battery will make TTT even stricter and uncomfortable. The rule page is already huge as it is.

Just my 2 cents.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »

Basically this'll completely kill any form of conversations people might be having while playing this game. If you've got mic-spammers you can simply have an admin mute them, or mute them yourself from the player list.

This would honestly just kill a large portion of the fun, chatting with other people and turn it into
"This is a super serious game!!!!1 Talk about the game or don't talk at all!!!111"

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
Main drawback I see is what people have mentioned; normal conversations being killed.
I personally think it is great. Limits all the crap that's getting spewed out so much. There's always that one guy who needs to be the center of all that is funny and must have his voice constantly transmit across the server. It's not really even mic spam but it's a big annoyance.

If possible we should have it so once the server reaches a certain player threshold, voice battery will turn on. Because when there isn't so many people on the voice thing isn't really an issue and people can just chill.

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
I have never used a mic with a server that used battery so I really don't know how fast the battery goes or really anything but what I found out from the comments about it. I find this game to be very social. I mean you sometimes have to wait 8 mins for the traitor to do nothing at all, so with that I have to vote no.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
This will allow the traitors to be more open and allow for quicker matches. I vote yes becuase it helps speed the game up, pulling away from the sitting and talking and being more action packed. Its also part of the balance that bad king urgrain intended for the game mode. Not only that, its one of the things that may be holding us back from a more mature audience becuase we do have incredible mic spam on ours.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:20:43 PM by Kwaurtz »

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
This will allow the traitors to be more open and allow for quicker matches. I vote yes becuase it helps speed the game up, pulling away from the sitting and talking and being more action packed. Its also part of the balance that bad king urgrain intended for the game mode. Not only that, its one of the things that may be holding us back from a more mature audience becuase we do have incredible mic spam on ours.

Lots of CG regulars play on the server because they enjoy sitting back and talking with friends (including me). It also doesn't necessarily mean that games will be more exciting, in my opinion. I think admins can control mic spammers pretty well, anyways.
So, no.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 09:57:47 PM »
I enjoy talking to regulars far to much to want this.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
One thing that I think should be addressed, I assume most people against the voice battery are not regulars of the server. I remember there were concerns about people selecting ZM HA, because they weren't natives of ZM. I see it the same way.

A majority of the admins here have voted against this voice battery. I think that those who actually play on the TTT server should have more say.

"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
One thing that I think should be addressed, I assume most people against the voice battery are not regulars of the server. I remember there were concerns about people selecting ZM HA, because they weren't natives of ZM. I see it the same way.

A majority of the admins here have voted against this voice battery. I think that those who actually play on the TTT server should have more say.

This. I know of one person who already said that this might make them join, when they hate on ttt every chance they get. The regulars who play all the time and will continue to play should make this choice

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

Can I point out that unlike Zombie Master where most of the people who were voting had no idea what the game mode even was. I can assume most people who have voted have played this game for quite some time.

I myself have almost a thousand hours of TTT back logged and the things I stated in my post are things that I considered when I picked a server.

1) Where admins freely muting people for "Chatting"
2) Where admins taking this game to seriously to make it "Mature"

These kind of things completely put me off the servers that had them, it feels more like "Convict Gaming's" standard of mature "Follow the rules to the letter, if you use your mic for anything but calling someone out you're not mature"

So can we please not
assume most people against the voice battery are not regulars of the server.

Because I was a regular for quite sometime and still pop in every once in awhile and being able to just chat with people while playing the game was on of the best parts of it.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
If possible we should have it so once the server reaches a certain player threshold, voice battery will turn on. Because when there isn't so many people on the voice thing isn't really an issue and people can just chill.

I think this is a really good idea. I'd really like it if the server keeps some potential to be a chill place to talk with people, until they become potentially obtrusive for other mic users.

I'm gonna vote yes, but I really hope a threshold at least like this could be implemented.

An even better idea is to have people's volume of their microphone become quieter the more they use it, until their battery recharges. Again, only if that's possible.
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »