Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A concern about the server  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

A concern about the server
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »

If you look at this graph, in the past two weeks our servers rank is just taking a plummet. Whats causing this?

Also, for those of you whom complain that its a 24/7 67th way, its not even the most played map on the server

The following are the server variables for the most popular TTT server:

Spoiler for Most Popular Server:
ai_disabled    0
ai_ignoreplayers    0
coop    0
deathmatch    1
decalfrequency    60
dedicated    100
game_description    Trouble in Terrorist Town
game_directory    garrysmod
mp_allowNPCs    1
mp_autocrosshair    1
mp_fadetoblack    0
mp_falldamage    1
mp_flashlight    1
mp_footsteps    1
mp_forcerespawn    1
mp_fraglimit    0
mp_friendlyfire    1
mp_teamlist    hgrunt;scientist
mp_teamplay    0
mp_timelimit    0
mp_weaponstay    0
nextlevel   
OS    119
physgun_limited    0
protocol_version    17
reply_format    source
r_AirboatViewDampenDamp    1.0
r_AirboatViewDampenFreq    7.0
r_AirboatViewZHeight    0.0
r_JeepViewDampenDamp    1.0
r_JeepViewDampenFreq    7.0
r_JeepViewZHeight    10.0
r_VehicleViewDampen    0
sbox_bonemanip_misc    0
sbox_bonemanip_npc    1
sbox_bonemanip_player    0
sbox_godmode    1
sbox_maxballoons    100
sbox_maxbuttons    50
sbox_maxdynamite    10
sbox_maxeffects    200
sbox_maxemitters    20
sbox_maxhoverballs    50
sbox_maxlamps    3
sbox_maxlights    5
sbox_maxnpcs    10
sbox_maxprops    200
sbox_maxragdolls    10
sbox_maxsents    300
sbox_maxspawners    10
sbox_maxthrusters    50
sbox_maxturrets    4
sbox_maxvehicles    3
sbox_maxwheels    50
sbox_noclip    1
sbox_persist   
sbox_playershurtplayers    1
sbox_weapons    1
sensor_debugragdoll    0
sensor_stretchragdoll    0
steamAppId    4000
suggested_bot_count    0
suggested_players    28
sv_accelerate    10
sv_airaccelerate    10
sv_allowcslua    0
sv_alltalk    0
sv_bounce    0
sv_cheats    0
sv_contact    seriousttt@gmail.com
sv_footsteps    1
sv_friction    8
sv_gravity    600
sv_hl2mp_item_respawn_time    30
sv_hl2mp_weapon_respawn_time    20
sv_maxspeed    10000
sv_noclipaccelerate    5
sv_noclipspeed    5
sv_password    0
sv_pausable    0
sv_report_client_settings    0
sv_rollangle    0
sv_rollspeed    200
sv_specaccelerate    5
sv_specnoclip    1
sv_specspeed    3
sv_steamgroup   
sv_stepsize    18
sv_stopspeed    10
sv_voiceenable    1
sv_wateraccelerate    10
sv_waterfriction    1
ttt_announce_deaths    1
ttt_crowbar_pushforce    395
ttt_detective_pct    0.13
ttt_haste    1
ttt_haste_minutes_per_death    0.5
ttt_haste_starting_minutes    5
ttt_idle_limit    180
ttt_limit_spectator_chat    1
ttt_limit_spectator_voice    1
ttt_minimum_players    2
ttt_namechange_kick    1
ttt_postround_dm    1
ttt_posttime_seconds    20
ttt_preptime_seconds    20
ttt_roundtime_minutes    10
ttt_round_limit    6
ttt_sherlock_mode    1
ttt_time_limit_minutes    75
ttt_voice_drain    1
ttt_voice_drain_admin    0.05
ttt_voice_drain_normal    0.15
ttt_voice_drain_recharge    0.05
tv_enable    0
tv_password    0
tv_relaypassword    0
version    13.07.05

Offline Christovski

Re: A concern about the server
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
My best guess is we have a lot of people who are in school as regulars/admins, since that just started a week or so ago.  Other servers may have older players, or younger players who have less homework or soemthing.

Again, just a guess as both are happening at roughly the same time.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
My best guess is we have a lot of people who are in school as regulars/admins, since that just started a week or so ago.  Other servers may have older players, or younger players who have less homework or soemthing.

Again, just a guess as both are happening at roughly the same time.

And thats probably CG's largest problem. We hardly have an older demographic, there are a few of us who are done with school and all, but because we fail to have a bigger demographic beyond college I think thats part of the reason CG doesn't get as much donations as it needs to survive at this point. I know you and I have both made rather large contributions in the past, but a few people can't support us all.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »
It might be an issue with how much the server has been crashing lately. I'm not sure how much this is still happening but I was getting some complaints a week ago. If you guys are still noticing this I'll get in contact with the server provider and figure out what can be done because as far as I can tell it's nothing to do with the files we have on our server.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »
And thats probably CG's largest problem. We hardly have an older demographic, there are a few of us who are done with school and all, but because we fail to have a bigger demographic beyond college I think thats part of the reason CG doesn't get as much donations as it needs to survive at this point. I know you and I have both made rather large contributions in the past, but a few people can't support us all.

Ding ding ding.  This is totally correct.  There are a few of us, but the bulk of CG is under 21 (remember the old guys thread I started and it was pretty much just you, me, crow and cadaver?) and it does hurt us in the end.

I'm not saying anything against the younger crowd here, just pointing out what the statistics show

Fortunately as we have a lot of people entering/in college right now, if they DO stick around soon we will have a decent number of people who are out of school.

IF they stick around.  It's funny actually, I didn't join SKG until I had just left college (2007ish), so I've always been in the post-college group.

We should maybe mention this at whatever meeting we have (if we actually do the meetings thing that Old Crow talked about) and maybe brainstorm ideas to attract/keep more of the mature gamer crowd

It might be an issue with how much the server has been crashing lately. I'm not sure how much this is still happening but I was getting some complaints a week ago. If you guys are still noticing this I'll get in contact with the server provider and figure out what can be done because as far as I can tell it's nothing to do with the files we have on our server.
This would definitely be a step in the right direction, yeah TTT is unstable-ish because of GMOD but if the servers going down this often we might just be getting shitty service from the provider
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:02:41 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
Just from yesterday,  server is really laggy at times. I kicked some guy who had 400+ ping and it solved it for the remainder of the map. Just something to keep in mind.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
Communities with a lot of MMOs seem to attract older people from what Ive seen, when I played planetside2 I was always the youngest guy in the outfit with one other kid who is the same age as me. The rest of the outfit was all older people. Like half of them had a wife and kids.

As for the donations, most people under 18 can't donate because they don't have a credit card/debit card/whatever else to link to a paypal account to pay for a donation because they're not old enough for one.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »
As for the donations, most people under 18 can't donate because they don't have a credit card/debit card/whatever else to link to a paypal account to pay for a donation because they're not old enough for one.

Also true, I got lucky I got a special account when I was 16 that gave me a debit card that could be used as a credit card, but just taken directly out of my bank account instead.

I can't blame anyone for not donating these days, economy is rough, and kids need to save for college and then later pay it off. 

If we're talking donations though, I don't believe CG is doing enough to keep on top of donations, we had a whole thread of suggestions to get people to donate, and nothing was ever done with it.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
School is the biggest factor. You can see as it nose dives the same week school starts.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
It's because I haven't been playing in a while and everyone's so lost and distraught. Totally xP
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Muffins

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
All i am saying is if you want donations open up a DayZ server (Overwatch mod). I know someone who runs a server on DayZ and he gets a lot of donations just so people can spawn in with a weapon and some other stuff. He gets a profit off of it cause just giving them weapons and skins cost nothing.

I know what you are thinking, how could we populate a DayZ server? I know a couple of big streamers that could play on our server and easily advertise it to viewers so they could play. I think its a great idea but I know someone will come up with some ways to argue against it and not make it happen.

Offline crovv

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
  • School
  • A lot of regulars not being on, randoms not joining because of the lack of population

When we get all the GM/CL threads finished up, we should talk about expanding donations. I might be able to throw in some money.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
Just from yesterday,  server is really laggy at times. I kicked some guy who had 400+ ping and it solved it for the remainder of the map. Just something to keep in mind.

If this is an issue I might suggest the HPK(high ping kicker) plugin, it works like a charm on ZPS but I don't think the same plugin would work but I'm sure there are GMOD versions out there.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »
Pretty much what a bunch of you have already said...
For me it's definitely school. I love the server, but I simply don't have time with school during the day and homework after that.
And, with the lack of regulars on, many people don't have a reason to join :/

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »
Well when I joined today it took literally 5-6 minutes to connect which was kind of retarded; there were a few files I had to download that would take literally like 10-15 seconds before it moved to the next one. Don't recall that before but I guess that happens the first time you play in a while; idk.

Then I raged because there was tons of mic usage and I got "HIGHLY SUSPECTED" by scooby both rounds despite doing nothing but walking around being bored; was traitor first round but had just picked a gun up and crossed the bridge on island when everyones like SUSPECT PILLZ, WHATS UR PRIMARY; so I guess I'll just shout at everyone to suspect each other next time I play. Game always gives me a headache and half a panic attack.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal