Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Legal blind able to get concealed permits in Iowa  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Old Crow

Legal blind able to get concealed permits in Iowa
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:39:43 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/08/iowa-grants-gun-permits-to-the-blind/2780303/

Alright I'm all for gun rights (as long as they are proper) but come on. You honestly think that a blind person should have the right to carry, and possibly shoot a gun, who cannot legally see?? What happens if they hit somebody else?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Spadie

Re: Legal blind able to get concealed permits in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/08/iowa-grants-gun-permits-to-the-blind/2780303/

Alright I'm all for gun rights (as long as they are proper) but come on. You honestly think that a blind person should have the right to carry, and possibly shoot a gun, who cannot legally see?? What happens if they hit somebody else?

That is a few different kinds of retarded. I'm generally against citizens being able to acquire firearms because lets face it, people are pretty stupid. I think to be able to get a gun, you should have to go through a few weekends of training on how to handle various types of firearms. Teach them the basics including basic safety and rules of target acquisition (Make sure your target is something you mean to shoot, make sure nothing is behind your target, including innocent people before firing, that sort of thing). And for people using it for home defense, teach them how to properly secure their house. The last thing you want is some dope walking through a doorway with his gun held out all the way infront of him so the home invader can just grab the damn thing, or god forbid one of their kids gets out of bed and startles the gun wielder and the idiot opens fire on the first target he sees.

And I think if you go to the training course and fail it (maybe because you're BLIND), there should be a 6 month wait to try again. It would really quickly start to weed out people who are going to be future firearms accident victims and perpetrators.

Also! Too many people leave their goddamn guns unsecured where kids can get them. Lock that shit up.

---
Oh goddammit.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
Freaking midwest man, I don;t even.  Taking all bets on how soon the first one kills someone by accident

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
That is pretty hilarious actually.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
Ah, such is our nation where we actually consider laws like this.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
If there is any proof of the gun lobbyists having too much power, here it is.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal