Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lying about proven status  (Read 4672 times)

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

Lying about proven status
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
Some people have said that to say that oneself is proven should be killable IF they didn't to anything to become proven.

So here is a place for discussion concerning this if it should becoming a killable action.

My personal opinion is that it should be killable under the cirumstances in which it's blatant that the person claiming proven has done nothing at all to become proven. EX: Someone saying that they killed a traitor when evidence shows that they didn't.

But it shouldn't be killable if the person has done an action where he/she thinks made themself proven but actually didn't. EX: If someone echos a previous call-out which gets a t discovered.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Re: Lying about proven status
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »
I agree, I've actually somewhat enforced this before. Blatant false proving is a pretty obvious traitorous action.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:54:17 PM »
I agree although any wording of this rule would be tricky due to that second part.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
Yes I totally agree

However, I think this can cause some RDM..

"I'm proven!" "No you're not kos _____!" when he actually is..

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Ðeath.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
Ehhh.... I think adding in this would be kinda tricky. I'm thinking more of, What if they believe they themself *are* proven? i.e. Was shooting a traitor, did not get the kill, so it doesn't show up that they hit/shot the traitor.

Offline Kingtrue

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, enforcing this would ruin the entire point of TTT.

Its the Traitor's objective to kill the innocent by any means. That can also be by placing false information. TTT isn't a fair game at all to begin with, but that's why people play it!
I believe the problem you're looking for is that many players take what another says (whether true or false) without looking out for any other obvious
signs of deceit.

It comes down to the other players to catch them when they slip up.

How else do you expect the traitors to win, tell everyone the truth?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:49:15 PM by Kingtrue »
Nyah.

Offline caboose74

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »
yeah the roles of traitor is liying if it's became killable to lie .... there's no point to play anymore you can suspect him but this should not be killable at all

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
Saying that you are proven innocent is different than saying that you are innocent.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »

Its the Traitor's objective to kill the innocent by any means. That can also be by placing false information. TTT isn't a fair game at all to begin with, but that's why people play it!
I believe the problem you're looking for is that many players take what another says (whether true or false) without looking out for any other obvious
signs of deceit.

yes, yes YES this so much pretty much what I was gonna come in here and post.

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
The only problem I can see is if Inno A fights with the traitor while inno B try's sniping from a distance. Inno A does not notice the sniper shots because he is in the middle of the battle. Inno A kills the traitor but Inno B also claims they are proven. Inno A calls a kos  on Inno B because he knows he was the one that killed him causing RDM

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Kountd0wn

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 01:21:54 AM »
I don't know about making this an official rule... I forsee a lot of misunderstandings, and therefore a lot of RDM. Unless someone comes up with some masterful wording, I suggest waiting on this.

Offline Dante

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »

signs of deceit.

How would it ruin the entire point of ttt. Traitor calls himself proven by "killing" a Traitor you know they didn't kill. So what, you just stair at them till they kill you? You should be able to kill them for a false claim on being proven, if the T is caught they need to get better at lying. What this does is Award players who actually have perception. It makes the Traitors just be a little smarter about who they claim proven on and for what actions. Yes it can cause problems due to the second thing added but if you word it correctly there will be no problem in regard to rdm.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
Hold up, I'm gonna rain logic on you:
This should be SUSPICIOUS. Why?
It doesn't prove they are a traitor. It does make them more likely to be a traitor but it is not the same as saying "I'm a traitor." Also if multiple people are shooting the same guy if they have the same weapon a justifed inno on inno DM may occur, without any actual proof.

It will probably kill more inno's than traitors if this is made into a rule. Who is this actually going to effect, think about it!

by Kwaurtz

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

signs of deceit.

How would it ruin the entire point of ttt. Traitor calls himself proven by "killing" a Traitor you know they didn't kill. So what, you just stair at them till they kill you? You should be able to kill them for a false claim on being proven, if the T is caught they need to get better at lying. What this does is Award players who actually have perception. It makes the Traitors just be a little smarter about who they claim proven on and for what actions. Yes it can cause problems due to the second thing added but if you word it correctly there will be no problem in regard to rdm.
If you think someone is lying about being proven you call them out on it so people know they are lying and nothing has changed. Being able to kill someone because you THINK they're lying is completely against the way TTT is played. You are meant to have distrust for anything people tell you, you don't just take their word for it the same way you don't shoot them in the face because you don't believe them. It doesn't award people who have perception, it awards those that have a good hunch.

tldr, just because someone says they are proven doesn't mean you have to believe them.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
I haven't played in years but it seems this is getting to be quite teh debate, so throwing my opinion in.  This should be SUSPICIOUS behavior, not something that is KOS. 

Actions, as they say, speak louder than words, I don't think claiming to be proven should be KOS

edit: pretty much what Kingtrue and Towersheep already said.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal